Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Well I can't subcribe to that :D

Any chance you could get them for me? If you've subscribed that is...which I presume you are ;)

Thanks

tuta77 said:
Here's a scan of all the starting elevens supposed to start the new season this week-end.

It didn't change I guess. But some players may be wrong now.

Those formations are okay. Some of them are off but overall they're nowhere near as bad as most other websites I've seen reporting such things as formations/line ups.

gib2504 said:
I didn't understand that comment either, how can u look religious, unless of have long hair a beard a dress and some sandals in a jesus sort of fashion lol.
Looks like we're not gonna get an answer.. :p

Stringer Bell said:
Gakpe looks like a really good player!

Eveytime i watch highlights of Monaco's matches on Eurogoals, his always involved in some kind of goal or a play!

Sorry, a bit random.
He is a good prospect.

Seems to have good potential and is already a decent player.

PLF said:
Why do you guys think Y. Hadji looks religous? :-s

I don't get it. Because of the goa-tee? :shock:

I have sorta a goatee and I put it on because it looks slick & stylish on me. 8)
I do it cuz it makes me look better as it does with many people (religious or not and all races/skin colours).

But yeh anyway, the saying 'looks can be deceiving' and don't judge a book by its cover are very true in many cases. :)
gib2504 said:
I didn't understand that comment either, how can u look religious, unless of have long hair a beard a dress and some sandals in a jesus sort of fashion lol.

On the subject of Ramadan, the ex Houston Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon always played during Ramadan, and he was a strict religious man and his numbers always dropped, but the basketball schedule is alot tougher than football, 4/5 games a week then training everyday, fair play to him, so i see no reason why Footballers couldn't play during a fasting period

because he's a shy and reserved guy , not the kind of guy you meet drunk in a bar or a night club that's why he "looks" religious ;)

as far as it concerns ramadan the players can play but it unhealthy . the problem is not food but mainly water (the fasting means also no drinking) cause with the effort they make their body's heat increase and they need water to regulate it not to mention the sweat and the risk of "deshydratation" dunno if they say that in english .
some players also can have suddent drop of sugar percentage in their body and risks hypoglycemia so really it's not advised to play during ramadan and that's why some coaches choose to let those who fast in the bench or make them play limited time as it's the case for boussoufa in anderlecht .

tuta77 said:
It didn't change I guess. But some players may be wrong now.
yeah dhorasoo and boukhari for example :(
he've got make his place into the group , since he went to nante he showed good stuff with the national team :
http://www.dailymotion.com/NFC_Fans/video/xcvjo_boukhari-maroc
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgy1b_but-boukhari-marocfc-utrecht
but also with nante at the begining of the season :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpvsRv8QuA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw4Lw09vYGY

the problem is that they want him to do more defensiv work wich is , I think , the best way for him to get bookings (dangerous tackler :lol: )
I'd like them to test him as a second striker in Eo's 4-4-2 .

Last edited:

pogoss said:
because he's a shy and reserved guy , not the kind of guy you meet drunk in a bar or a night club that's why he "looks" religious ;)

as far as it concerns ramadan the players can play but it unhealthy . the problem is not food but mainly water (the fasting means also no drinking) cause with the effort they make their body's heat increase and they need water to regulate it not to mention the sweat and the risk of "deshydratation" dunno if they say that in english .
some players also can have suddent drop of sugar percentage in their body and risks hypoglycemia so really it's not advised to play during ramadan and that's why some coaches choose to let those who fast in the bench or make them play limited time as it's the case for boussoufa in anderlecht .
Exactly.

Being hungry is one thing. (Bad enough but do-able)

But running your ass off, sweating, your body needing water and you not giving it that is not only one hell of a task but also very dangerous.

That's why even in countries like Iran where the current regime is very religious and has strict rules on Islamic stuff, players of the domestic league are not obligated to fast.

PLF said:
Exactly.

Being hungry is one thing. (Bad enough but do-able)

But running your ass off, sweating, your body needing water and you not giving it that is not only one hell of a task but also very dangerous.

That's why even in countries like Iran where the current regime is very religious and has strict rules on Islamic stuff, players of the domestic league are not obligated to fast.
are you sure ?! :shock: that's a great thing , I wish other arabic countries could declare it officially . I'm sick of games during ramadan , not only the local league but also the african champion's league and international games like the very hot tunisia - morocco .
It's quite surprising for me to hear that cause neither morocco , algeria , egypt nor tunisia who are not strict on islam rules have allowed the players in the domestic leagues to not fast .
I remember 3 years ago I went from paris to rennes with friends to take part in a street football tournament during ramadan and a friend of mine took advice from an imam who told him we weren't obliged to fast in that situation as it's unhealthy .
sorry guys for this religious off topic .
to get back to our dear ligue 1 here are some info about the week end :

- nante :
keseru seems to be out for 1 month after an awfull injury on his nose , he has been operated .
boukhari is back from the training camp with the national team with a little injury on his thigh so once again he won't play . hope he'll take the opportunity to have some french langage lesson , even the president roussillon have expressed his disapointement about that saying "he's the only moroccan guy who doesn't speak french" (l'equipe) :lol: still he expressed his confidence on the recruitement to pay soon saying "we fought to have those players" but he reconises that there is a probleme with Stojkovic who "wanted to leave from the second day" . he also said that "wilhemson is disapointed to be on the bench but he's fighting hard to get back his status" .

ps : nante will play sochaux in the next game and ziani won't play because of an injury .

pogoss said:
hope he'll take the opportunity to have some french langage lesson , even the president roussillon have expressed his disapointement about that saying "he's the only moroccan guy who doesn't speak french"
:lol:

pogoss said:
(l'equipe) :lol: still he expressed his confidence on the recruitement to pay soon saying "we fought to have those players" but he reconises that there is a probleme with Stojkovic who "wanted to leave from the second day" . he also said that "wilhemson is disapointed to be on the bench but he's fighting hard to get back his status" .
That's disappointing to hear about Stojkovic.

Nantes is a big club and one of the perfect clubs to MAKE your name even if your ultimate goal is not to stay there but make an impression on bigger clubs/leagues.

You only have to look at how many players playing in big clubs today are former Nantes players and you have your answer. The list is huge.

Stojkovic over the next few years could impress (if played with no attitude and put in good performances) and then get the desired move to bigger club/league even if that was the goal such as the likes of Landreau and Cech have done recently. (Cech with Rennes of course)

Or maybe this isn't the issue and he has problems settling in French society/language... who knows.

Either way I hope the little 'feud' with Wilhelmsson and Stojkovic ends soon and they both play their part for Nantes season this year and next (if they remain).

Regarding matches this weekend, well I've been waiting for the big derby for nearly a week already. Can't wait anymore!! :mrgreen: \\:o/

PLF said:
:lol:

That's disappointing to hear about Stojkovic.

Nantes is a big club and one of the perfect clubs to MAKE your name even if your ultimate goal is not to stay there but make an impression on bigger clubs/leagues.

You only have to look at how many players playing in big clubs today are former Nantes players and you have your answer. The list is huge.

Stojkovic over the next few years could impress (if played with no attitude and put in good performances) and then get the desired move to bigger club/league even if that was the goal such as the likes of Landreau and Cech have done recently. (Cech with Rennes of course)

Or maybe this isn't the issue and he has problems settling in French society/language... who knows.

Either way I hope the little 'feud' with Wilhelmsson and Stojkovic ends soon and they both play their part for Nantes season this year and next (if they remain).

Regarding matches this weekend, well I've been waiting for the big derby for nearly a week already. Can't wait anymore!! :mrgreen: \\:o/
yes indeed but the spirit is important . I can't judge him for the way he adapts to his new club but I'm disapointed with the comments , he should be more professionnal .
wilhemsson has the good spirit I think . It must be frustrating for a player who plays as a regular in such a great national team and who came to nante just after the WC to be on the bench . but knowing that he fights for earning his status I won't worry too much for him as he has undeniable quality .

about the derby I'm very happy because it's at 17h in france wich means 1 AM here so I'll be able to watch it . I hope saudia sport will broadcast it (they broadcast la ligue 1 this season) .
there also some pretty "affiches" for the 9th round =P~

What's happened with Yepes, don't get much PSG reception here but every time I look at match reports he's on the bench????

200_pesos said:
What's happened with Yepes, don't get much PSG reception here but every time I look at match reports he's on the bench????
Because Yepes have a little problem on the penalty area with the shirt of this Opponents :lol:

PLF said:

Well, it's not going to happen :D. Eo didn't pick them in his group and they're not even with the reserve team !

It could still happen. It's a long season ahead and even if things aren't going well right now (with those two players relationships with club) it could change.

Christian said after scoring for Sweden in mid-week that he hopes to go back to Nantes and work hard and get into first team again. Let's see if Eo starts giving him a chance in next few weeks.

Stojkovic's situation is a bit different though it looks like. :p

PLF said:
It could still happen. It's a long season ahead and even if things aren't going well right now (with those two players relationships with club) it could change.

Christian said after scoring for Sweden in mid-week that he hopes to go back to Nantes and work hard and get into first team again. Let's see if Eo starts giving him a chance in next few weeks.

Stojkovic's situation is a bit different though it looks like. :p
exactly mate , last season for example keita took a lot of time to get his regular place and succeeded .
I'm soo disapointed with lyon winning on saint etienne (the game have just ended) .
when duhamel gave the pk I was thinking "juni will shoot on janot's right side and janot will stop it" and guess what happened ?
sometime I should play loto :lol:
janot has expressed some frustration to the journalist but admits that they lose on lyon's fault :(

Last edited:

I also knew he'll stop it but the result is unfair. Are referees blind ? If they hesitate, they have to whistle. Besides, this offside brang a logical sent off which changed the game. It was obvious that St Etienne couldn't resist anymore. I'm waiting the game where they'll suffer from such injustices. How do you want to compete with Lyon when there's always strange "events" happening at the end of the match. And I'm not parano, I should dress a list.

Damn, I'm gutted I couldn't see the match. :eh: The PPStream Goal TV 2 stream still doesn't work and my rubbish connection doesn't handle Goal TV 2 on TVAnts. I fortunately get a new connection soon so I'll be able to see some Ligue 1 action again.

Hehhe you are acting a bit paranoid actually Tuta.

Yes that penalty wasn't even a penalty because the push from Diatta was OUTSIDE the box. So I'm glad Janot saved the penalty because it was injustice. :thumbup:

But you're acting like Lyon gets decisions like that every week which they don't. Every team gets lucky with decisions and unlucky with decisions at other times. There is no biasedness or anything. Sometimes refs accidentally rule in favour of St. Etienne, sometimes in favour of OM and sometimes in favour of Lyon, etc. etc.

p.s. The ref looks like Florent Balmont! :mrgreen:

Anybody else think so? :p

Anyways a draw would have been a good result but St. Etienne weren't so good today either. Few chances created and their goal was a deflection.

Lyon was the better team but a draw would've been fair also because Lyon wasn't great either.

I do feel sorry for Janot. :|
He was good again and the goals he conceded, he could do nothing about. It was defense's fault not to stop them.

tuta77 said:
I also knew he'll stop it but the result is unfair. Are referees blind ? If they hesitate, they have to whistle. Besides, this offside brang a logical sent off which changed the game. It was obvious that St Etienne couldn't resist anymore. I'm waiting the game where they'll suffer from such injustices. How do you want to compete with Lyon when there's always strange "events" happening at the end of the match. And I'm not parano, I should dress a list.
but still lyon dominated the game so it's not an undesearved win . I'm sad about it but as janot said "it's Lyon's fault" saint etienne loss .

Yes it's not like St. Etienne got SCREWED cuz they were great and deserved a win or something. :-s

Lyon was the better team but not that great either.

I say that because I'm sure of it. Lyon gets "favours" more often. You can accidently get an error. Ok, maybe 2-3 per season. But Lyon gets twice. Fact. :bat:

They sure deserved their wins. But a lot of times, when a draw is coming, something happens.

About my friends :
One thing I hate about my friends from Lyon is that they don't recognize when they were helped or when they didn't play well. They're the best, etc, etc... I can't bear it anymore. So arrogant. For example my roomate, after the match : "Again, a new win, finger in the nose." :roll: I'm paranoid because of them :mrgreen:.

PLF said:
p.s. The ref looks like Florent Balmont! :mrgreen:
And his twin brother is always one of his on-line referees.

Last edited:

tuta77 said:
I say that because I'm sure of it. Lyon gets "favours" more often. You can accidently get an error. Ok, maybe 2-3 per season. But Lyon gets twice. Fact. :bat:

They sure deserved their wins. But a lot of times, when a draw is coming, something happens.

About my friends :
One thing I hate about my friends from Lyon is that they don't recognize when they were helped or when they didn't play well. They're the best, etc, etc... I can't bear it anymore. So arrogant. For example my roomate, after the match : "Again, a new win, finger in the nose." :roll: I'm paranoid because of them :mrgreen:.

any referee can make a mistake and there have been mistakes in other games lyon were not involved in . there were also many mistakes in world cup and africa got refused at least 5 pk (2 for cote d'ivoire agaisnt holland , 2 for togo against suiss and one for tunisia against ukrain) . does it mean some thing ? as long as there are no proof there is nothing to conclude .
do your want your friends to say "yes lyon is being helped on purpose" based on conjecture ? that impossible mate .
also keep in mind that not only in france but also in other leagues , when a team win too much people start to make gossip about an imaginary "behind the scene" .
I can see you tell me "there was a behind the scene in serie A" but you can't conclude anything from that . the cheaters are caught , can you bet that lyon will be caught in the future ?
I'm sure that zamalek fans says the same about al ahly :lol:

tuta77 said:

About my friends :
Oh so it's some of your friends (who are Lyon fans) that are driving you crazy and a bit paranoid. Now it all makes much more sense.. 8)

tuta77 said:
I thought his twin brother was Florent Balmont! :lol: :p

But that's cool. (About his twin brother being lines-man usually)
I haven't paid attention to this before but from now on I will whenever I see this ref.

Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Day 9

FT Lyon 2 - 1 Saint-Etienne
FT Bordeaux 1 - 0 Monaco
FT Nantes 0 - 2 Sochaux
FT Nice 3 - 0 Lorient
FT Paris S.G. 4 - 2 Sedan
FT Rennes 3 - 1 Auxerre :applause: \\:o/ 8) :D :mrgreen:
FT Toulouse3 - 0 Valenciennes
FT Troyes 1 - 1 Lille

Good to see Nice and Rennes pick up victories.

Two more games tomorrow.

Le Mans vs. AS Nancy

RC Lens vs. OM

Both will be shown on Setanta USA. Unfortunately the free streaming link hubneo gave me a while ago no longer works.

I wish we could find another one... although I can't complain cuz I already have a full schedule of football to watch tomorrow from La Liga, EPL and Serie A even if I don't go out.

it's starting to get bad for nante .
but I'm happy for bordeaux and rennes , I hope nancy will win tomorrow .

A penaly given for Lens because Hilton managed to trick the referee(s). I want the video !!!!

And I'm paranoid ! Oh yeah ! Come on Marseille, it's not over yet.

Lens vs Marsielle is 1-1 with 10mins left!

Niang scored with penalty (63rd min) and vignal was sent off which was deserved.

Lens scored a penalty (Dindane 80min) which was nowhere near a penalty. the referee is a an idiot! why he gave that i will never know.

Le Mans : 0
Nancy : 0

Lens : 1 (Dindane 80' pk)
Marseille : 1 (Niang 63' pk)

Thanks Hilton for the SIMULATION !!! :-x

Last edited:

It's not a simulation, it's a provocation. He hang Cana and jumped ! So now, instead of having a great game next week, this error gives Lyon the possibility to make a bigger gap. We should be 1 pt behind Lyon. Stupid referees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom