Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

I think some refs would have called that foul and some not. It's a difficult situation to judge in my opinion.

I'm not really sure myself.

Chalme was a bit slow to react in that situation and so Abidal pounced on it. It could've been a foul but I guess I probably would have said 'continue playing' if I was a ref as well.

Anyways another great performance and result by Lyonnais.

It'll be interesting to see who can stop this team. Especially now that there are no major injuries and everybody is getting fully fit and slowly finding their form.

Lille conceded 4 goals today but I still think backup goalkeeper "Malicki" had a decent game. Made some good saves. 8)

Marseille-Lyon next month. I hope before we'll stay near/before Lyon ;).
I'm very confident in our attack and defense but Lyon can play us on all types of kicks (fk, ck) and I don't Marseille can do that for the moment.

Tomorrow, Marseille is playing against Nantes in La Beaujoire and I'm a bit scared. Nantes needs to wake up and starts its season but Marseille has to keep up growing the gap with followers. It's the most important objective for me. So, allez l'OM !

LENS 1-0 MONACO
Jussiê 5' (pen)

An interesting match, Koller had a shot on goal cleared on the line by Coulibaly.

NANTES

30 BRIANT
3 SIGNORINO
4 CETTO
7 NORBERT
17 CUBILIER
24 GUILLON (c)
6 FAE
14 SAIDOU
13 DIALLO
25 ROSSI
31 PAYET

MARSEILLE

1 CARRASSO
2 CIVELLI
3 TAIWO
15 ZUBAR
23 BEYE (c)
7 RIBERY
17 M'BAMI
19 CANA
22 NASRI
10 PAGIS
11 NIANG

Eo drops Stojkovic and Boukhari from the squad (not even in the bench)

It's all over!!!!

Nantes get their first victory of the season while OM taste their first defeat.

First match without Le Dizet in charge and Nantes already looks like a better team. :thumbup:

Nantes won 2-1 because Marseille only played the last 20 minutes... Marseille was weak, Nantes great. Good night.

Lyon 4 - 1 Lille
Auxerre 2 - 2 Sedan
Bordeaux 2 - 1 Troyes
Le Mans 2 - 2 Sochaux
Nice 2 - 0 Valenciennes
PSG 0 - 0 Nancy
Rennes 0 - 0 Saint-Etienne
Toulouse 0 - 0 Lorient
Lens 1 - 0 Monaco
Nantes 2 - 1 Marseille

Nice to see OGC Nice also pick up a win. 8)

As a neutral follower of the league, this week I wanted Nantes and Nice to pick up wins and I'm glad to see it's happened. :)

Troyes is another team that plays good football but doesn't usually get as many points as they deserve but in this case it's good to see Bordeaux back to winning ways as they are potentially a team that can fight for title among with Lille and OM so it's important that these 3 teams get good results.

not sure what happened with marseille tonight?

there was no width, kept trying to go through the middle but was getting nowhere. You can see what an extra dimension Cisse will offer to the team so lets hope he will be back ASAP. would be great if he was fit for the lyon game.

Marseille just gotta make sure they bounce back with a win!

ThomasGOAL said:
I don't understand why Marseille players are so tired for the Nantes game :(

canal plus pundids were talking about players who did the "Ramadan"(cana,niang,beye,ribery...°)

ALAIN said:
canal plus pundids were talking about players who did the "Ramadan"(cana,niang,beye,ribery...°)

yeah i thought that myself. I fasting also and it sure did look like Beye, Ribery and Nasri were so off the pace!

Cana is muslim? :shock: :-s

Weird. Didn't know.

Is it clear now why Stojkovic and Boukhari weren't in the squad for OM match by the way?

Because they are not wanted by the new coach. He did great with players from last season. Stojkovic is the worst keeper I have seen this season so it's logical not seeing him before a while.

@Sina: That's not really a shocker there since Islam is the 3rd most practiced religion in Albania.

The most wildly practiced religions are Albanian Orthodox (10%), Catholic Church (10%), and Islam (5%).

kobashi said:
yeah i thought that myself. I fasting also and it sure did look like Beye, Ribery and Nasri were so off the pace!
Wow, I never even thought about that. No wonder they looked off the pace like you said. But I understand, I'm also fasting as well, and sometimes it can become very testing. :)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=417749&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=&title=Cisse+looks+forward+to+l'OM+bow

Djibril Cisse says he is hopeful of making his Marseille debut against Lyon on October 21 as he aims to fire the French side to the top of Ligue 1.

The on-loan Liverpool man joined l'OM after seeing his World Cup dream shot to tatters due to a serious double leg break, but after a long recovery the striker is now closing in on his first team return.

Cisse has great hopes for his new employers in the coming season, and says he hopes to take the field against reigning champions Lyon to mark his first appearance in French football since leaving Auxerre for Anfield in 2004.

However, the French international was unwilling to dwell on his exit from Liverpool, instead talking up Marseille's chances of claiming the league title this season.

"I had a very good last season, despite very little time on the pitch at Liverpool, but they wanted me to leave," Cisse told L'Equipe.

"My departure from Liverpool is clearly another kind of injury. But I don't want to talk about it.

"L'OM is above all my club, and not a springboard. I want to repay the trust the officials gave me.

"L'OM was the right choice. For l'OM, it was a risk to sign me, and I am grateful for that.

"Indeed, the match against Lyon is my aim. But we will see.

"There is a lot of pressure and expectation on me here, but I know how to manage that.

"I am absolutely not surprised by the good start to the season.

"Of course l'OM can be champions. There are real possibilities to get good results. I am convinced about that.

"If not I would have not come. L'OM has huge potential.

"Now I am fine, I have started to jog. I never asked myself any questions and I never had any dejected moments.

"I believe nothing serious can happen to me. It is just steps in my career."

Cisse is also aware he has no divine right to claim a starting place for the Southern French outfit, although he is aiming to make the kind of impact that will have national coach Raymond Domenech taking a close interest.

"I can't wait to play for the club of my heart and to discover the city that I don't know very well," Cisse continued.

"I won't steal somebody's place.

"First, I need to have the good level. I will integrate into the team if I deserve it.

"I don't think the coach would make somebody play only because of his name.

"I want to come-back to L'Equipe de France as soon as possible."

Everything was shit is this game. Worst scenario ever. I just don't understand.
But I was hopping a lose, I want a complete Ligue 1 battle for next CL's. it's more important.

At least, we used our ugly 3rd kit only once this season :D.

Last edited:

shame OM are out of europe already but the Ligue 1 campaign is what matters!

just qualify for CL and all good. Sunday is a huge game, cannot go 3 games without a win.

@roti, I never knew about Cana being muslim.

I still find it strange that these guys are THAT religious though to actually 'fast' when they have games at the highest level. :shock:

Cuz millions of muslims like myself and all my friends, family, etc. are BORN into muslim families, but we're not actually religious at all. So even if I was to 'fast' once or twice in that 'month', I would definitely NOT do it if I were playing an intense game of football for 90 mins!

Cuz it's just not healthy. Forget about hunger which is crazy on its own and makes you not have enough energy but biggest danger is you can get very de-hydrated when playing a game of that level and that speed which can cause serious problems and is quite risky in fact.

So I'm surprised the manager plays those guys IF they really are 'fasting' and he knows it. Cuz they have players who are their backups who will have more energy/stamina and less risk to health who aren't fasting probably.

total said:
AS Nancy 3 - 1 Schalke (Nancy wins 3-2 on aggregate)
:applause: :applause: :thumbup: :applause: :applause:

Great lesson taught to many Schalke fans and some Germans in general who were under-rating them and thought they're already through to next round when draw was made!!! :rolleyes:

Today's results:
Sochaux 0 - 1 Lyon
Lille 1 - 0 Nice
Lorient 0 - 0 Troyes
Monaco 2 - 1 Le Mans
Sedan 1 - 0 Rennes
Valenciennes 2 - 0 Bordeaux

So you're a non-practicing Muslim like Zidane, Sinão? ;)

Can't believe Rennes lost, Sedan is a good team (with players like Belhadj, Noro etc) but we should've won that. :( :roll:

p.s. - Fred got himself a late booking at Sochaux, which means he will miss the derby against Saint-Étienne next week. #-o Will the Lyonnais dye their hair with Lyon colours though? :mrgreen: I love it when they do, and the celebrations last season were cool too \\:o/ :mrgreen: :lmao:

Last edited:

nAsri in an interwiew after the game against nantes said their defeat was not due to the"ramadan"cos all the "muslims"players don't do the ramadan

That makes sense.

IF they did.. that'd be a bit weird.

@roti, yes. Most Persians are like that. Especially those outside the country.

Back
Top Bottom