md-i131225.gif
Nice........................4

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Saint Etienne : 1
Paris Saint Germain : 0

Amazing Jeremy Janot tonight !!!!! a real wall !! :shock:

Haha yeh.. if he wasn't enough of a legend already, he instantly became one when he wore AC Milan jersey as his GK kit the week after Lyon vs. Milan game in CL last season. :lol:

But was he not allowed to wear it, because it was looking too much like the Lens kit (they were playing Lens as far as I can recall)? And themn he dressed Argentina's home kit which had just came out back then.

I'm gutted I couldn't see the match, though. The PPStream GoalTV 2 is offline at the moment and TVAnts GoalTV 2 was laggy as usual. :eh:

PLF said:
@roti, I never knew about Cana being muslim.

I still find it strange that these guys are THAT religious though to actually 'fast' when they have games at the highest level. :shock:

Cuz millions of muslims like myself and all my friends, family, etc. are BORN into muslim families, but we're not actually religious at all. So even if I was to 'fast' once or twice in that 'month', I would definitely NOT do it if I were playing an intense game of football for 90 mins!

Cuz it's just not healthy. Forget about hunger which is crazy on its own and makes you not have enough energy but biggest danger is you can get very de-hydrated when playing a game of that level and that speed which can cause serious problems and is quite risky in fact.

So I'm surprised the manager plays those guys IF they really are 'fasting' and he knows it. Cuz they have players who are their backups who will have more energy/stamina and less risk to health who aren't fasting probably.
there are many players who are used to manage the fact that they fast and play football at the same time and others prefer to pay back the day later . for example naybet and safri have always fasted during the ramadan period and yet kept playing as physically as we were used to see them play but many others players are put on the bench during this period , it also depends on the coach .
but as far as it concerns cana and ribery , nasri said that them and himself aren't fasting on the game days wich is also what youssouf hadji decided to do .
last year's last game between morocco and tunisia was played befor the sunset and during ramadan . In morocco's squad youssouf hadji was the only one not fasting and yet he played the worst game he ever played with the national team .
ThomasGOAL said:
Saint Etienne : 1
Paris Saint Germain : 0

Amazing Jeremy Janot tonight !!!!! a real wall !! :shock:
yeah I've seen the highlights and he sure saved his team :applause:

Last edited:

Great win for Marseille. was ribery injured or rested?

also I would fast on game days if I was playing football professionally. My religion becomes first above everything else!

pogoss said:
there are many players who are used to manage the fact that they fast and play football at the same time and others prefer to pay back the day later . for example naybet and safri have always fasted during the ramadan period and yet kept playing as physically as we were used to see them play but many others players are put on the bench during this period , it also depends on the coach .
but as far as it concerns cana and ribery , nasri said that them and himself aren't fasting on the game days wich is also what youssouf hadji decided to do . last year's last game between morocco and tunisia was played befor the sunset and during ramadan . In morocco's squad youssouf hadji was the only one not fasting and yet he played the worst game he ever played with the national team .
Ok that makes more sense. Thanks for info.

But this means that Samir Nasri, Ribery and Cana as well as Y. Hadji are religious enough to fast on other days that are no games? :-s

I guess so.

total said:
But was he not allowed to wear it, because it was looking too much like the Lens kit (they were playing Lens as far as I can recall)? And themn he dressed Argentina's home kit which had just came out back then.

I'm gutted I couldn't see the match, though. The PPStream GoalTV 2 is offline at the moment and TVAnts GoalTV 2 was laggy as usual. :eh:

any pics?? :lmao:

There was only 1 small one on the St.-Etienne's home site. :shock: I don't think there were any pics of that on Getty Images.

total said:
But was he not allowed to wear it, because it was looking too much like the Lens kit (they were playing Lens as far as I can recall)? :

Yep and after he decided to wear it against Lyon. Coz Milan just eliminated Lyon and the derby was the next match. But he abstained : too provocating.

I think I've the argentina pic on my laptop.

edit :
http://s146776056.onlinehome.fr/gallery/v/2005-2006_001/ASSE-RCL/ASSE-Lens+024.jpg.html
http://s146776056.onlinehome.fr/gallery/v/2005-2006_001/ASSE-RCL/ASSE-Lens+070.jpg.html
http://s146776056.onlinehome.fr/gallery/v/2005-2006_001/ASSE-RCL/ASSE-Lens+107.jpg.html

Last edited:

Does someone know the name of Coupet's shirt ??? I'm doing it for my pes but I have problems to figure how exactly the sides are.
Coupet
Coupet2

Last edited:

A la Clairefontaine 7 years after - Sunday 20h50 on Canal+

"A la Clairefontaine 7 years later ": 7 years later, the young shoots of Clairefontaine meet themselves in front of the cameras of CANAL +. A moving document on the difficult environment of the professional football.

:applause:

7 years ago a very young guys try become professional footballeur, in the list Hatem Ben Arfa, Jacques Faty etc...

Last edited:

that's a famous sceane of janot's crazyness . it's nice to have some players like him doing stuff like that :lol:
PLF said:
Ok that makes more sense. Thanks for info.

But this means that Samir Nasri, Ribery and Cana as well as Y. Hadji are religious enough to fast on other days that are no games? :-s

I guess so.
to tell the truth I'm not sure for the other players but hadji doesn't fast at all he's not really religious even if he may look so but that's just because he's a calm and shy guy .

pogoss said:
that's a famous sceane of janot's crazyness . it's nice to have some players like him doing stuff like that :lol:

to tell the truth I'm not sure for the other players but hadji doesn't fast at all he's not really religious even if he may look so but that's just because he's a calm and shy guy .
I'm really surprised to hear about Hadji, coz like you said he looks like a religious guy. But like they used to say - 'don't judge a book by its cover' :)

p.s. - Brilliant Janot video :mrgreen:

roti said:
I'm really surprised to hear about Hadji, coz like you said he looks like a religious guy. But like they used to say - 'don't judge a book by its cover' :)
Why do you guys think Y. Hadji looks religous? :-s

I don't get it. Because of the goa-tee? :shock:

I have sorta a goatee and I put it on because it looks slick & stylish on me. 8)
I do it cuz it makes me look better as it does with many people (religious or not and all races/skin colours).

But yeh anyway, the saying 'looks can be deceiving' and don't judge a book by its cover are very true in many cases. :)

I didn't understand that comment either, how can u look religious, unless of have long hair a beard a dress and some sandals in a jesus sort of fashion lol.

On the subject of Ramadan, the ex Houston Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon always played during Ramadan, and he was a strict religious man and his numbers always dropped, but the basketball schedule is alot tougher than football, 4/5 games a week then training everyday, fair play to him, so i see no reason why Footballers couldn't play during a fasting period

Gakpe looks like a really good player!

Eveytime i watch highlights of Monaco's matches on Eurogoals, his always involved in some kind of goal or a play!

Sorry, a bit random.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom