Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "06/07 Starts August 4"

@PLF, there is the same thing here in England to, but the games aren't live, comes on at about 8pm, with all of Saturdays games to choose from.

But with the CL games you can choose to watch any matches live.

Oh they're not live?

I wonder if the French version Foot+ or whatever is.

Either way like I said, I'm really envious of you guys in Europe! :|

Not all European countires have benefits like that. :p :(

Yeah I meant the big ones though like France, Spain, England, Italy who probably all have some sorta feature like the one I described on last page.

@Total, I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

EDIT: P.s. A question!

This is what Le Mans director, Alain Pascalou said about loss/transfer of Hautcoeur to St. Etienne:
"I tried to convince him to stay,"

"But as a player, he wanted to experience something else. His transfer represents an award for the work of our academy.

"He has the talent to succeed there, and to face that big challenge. Physically, he is unique. He is the only player I have known who can finish the famous Basboong [fitness] test.

"When I told my friends in football, they couldn't believe it even in Italy. He is a real phenomenon."
What fitness test is that? :-s

Last edited:

PLF said:
Oh they're not live?

I wonder if the French version Foot+ or whatever is.

Either way like I said, I'm really envious of you guys in Europe! :|

FOOT + is live of course :)

You bastardssssssssssssssssss..... I would KILL for that Foot + service!!!!!! oh man I want it soooooo bad.. why is it only offered in France? :( :cry:

Here's a scan of all the starting elevens supposed to start the new season this week-end.

Tuta, you get this Foot+ thing?

p.s. What's that fitness test that I talked about above that Hautcoeur has been able to complete but not a lot of other people!! Any Frenchies know?

I don't know this test. And I don't pay for Foot+. I only have Canal+ with Canal Satelitte which allows me to watch the 3 best matchs of the day.

To complete my "knowledge", I watch the show "Jour de Foot" on C+ just, after the games, which analyses and shows all the goals.

tuta77 said:
I don't know this test. And I don't pay for Foot+. I only have Canal+ with Canal Satelitte which allows me to watch the 3 best matchs of the day.
Like me ;)

You guys are crazy.... if I had chance to get that Foot+ thing, I'd get it in a SECOND!! :D instead of watching JUST goals of other matches lol.. so much you cant see in even EXTENDED highlights let alone just goals.. :/

How much does it cost by the way? Is it expensive? I'm talking about Foot+

Foot+ = 7€ per month

It's simple. You have 7 matchs, when you decide which game you want to see you go to his channel and each time there's a goal on another game there's a system which invites you to swith channel and see the goal and then to go back to your game.

I don't subscribe because I'm almost never home on saturday during the games, I come back for the replays. Usually, I watch the 1st game of saturday (5pm) and the 2 games of Sunday. So I don't need Foot+ :).

I'd be willing to pay $20 per month to get it! But I guess even if I paid them that much... I could not get it ever from outside France. :(

Anyways thanks for explanation guys. It suonds awesome and I guess you have choice of 7 matches per round not 10? :-s

Wow, that sounds awesome and 7 Euros/month is not a lot of money.

PLF said:
It suonds awesome and I guess you have choice of 7 matches per round not 10? :-s
Yes the 3 other matches are only shown live on Canal+ and Canal+ Sport. Foot+ is just an option to access to the rest of Ligue 1.

7 Euros a month to watch all those games, thats an absolute bargin.

I'm hoping to get Ligue this coming year, but it will involved subsribing to a Cable or Digital company, so thats £30 a month, then a subscription to Setanta which is another £14 a month, thats alot of cash for a Student.

The best i could probably do is, convince my Housemates to split the Digital Subscription so that's down to £6 then pay Setanta myself

Yeah I encourage all people in Britain to sign up for it.

Cuz I checked and even though Setanta USA channel will also cover Ligue 1, Setanta 2 (which from I've understood is only availble in Britain) is f'n awesome!!

They'll show 3 matches per week + highlights show I guess from Ligue 1 alone but also cover Italian, German and Dutch league! :shock: Sounds fucking great to me!

I wish we could get access to that channel but no.. the only Setanta I might have is Setanta USA.

@Tuta, so just out of curiosity, if you get that Foot+ service. You get to choose ONE match from the other 7 and change channels when a goal is scored or for that 7 Euros/month, you get to watch ALL other 7 matches every week!!?! :-s :shock:

Last edited:

total said:
Wow, that sounds awesome and 7 Euros/month is not a lot of money.

remember you have to pay more than 30€ per month for the 3 others (canal+) :/

twister :P

Last edited:

PLF said:
@Tuta, so just out of curiosity, if you get that Foot+ service. You get to choose ONE match from the other 7 and change channels when a goal is scored or for that 7 Euros/month, you get to watch ALL other 7 matches every week!!?! :-s :shock:
You can watch all the games. If the channel you're watching is not interesting, you can switch to another game. Foot+ is access to everything.

There's anoter system which allows you to "buy a specific game" any time (if you don't get Foot+ of course) but it doesn't worth it and it's expensive.

You need to have the cable to suscribe FOOT+, it's only 7€ per months, but you have to pay like, 30€ for the cable, I pay around 40€ since I've got all canal+ channels, and Foot+.

Which gives me : Every ligue 1 game, plus every Champion's league game. :)
You can choose whatever you want, anytime.

OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you bastardsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Can we trade places/? lol... I get your house you get mine? Mine is nice and big and has a swimming pooll.. want to trade? :p

lol.....

PLF said:
OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you bastardsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Can we trade places/? lol... I get your house you get mine? Mine is nice and big and has a swimming pooll.. want to trade? :p

lol.....

i know some people made "custom adsl tv", you choose channel you want from all country, and you pay each month...

can you explain more hub?

p.s. Is Sopcast gonna show the opener today Total, roti and all you guys who don't have access?

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "06/07 Season Starts Today "Nantes vs Lyon"

It's first time I have to watch something on pplive for a long time! Let's hope it doesn't keep buffering on us and quality isn't crap either. :D

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy guys... it's finally here. We've waited long and hard for this as I was looking forward for Ligue 1 and other top leagues to return even before WC :D

It's finally here......

p.s. Today Lyon will be facing traditionally one of the biggest clubs in France (by proud history and achievements I mean), Nantes for the season opener.

Here are the players that'll be missing for Lyon:

Juninho, Wiltord, Tiago, Malouda, Abidal and Coupet.

My starting line-up guess considering the absence of these players and the fitness levels of others like Cris and Fred would be:

GK: Vercoutre:

DR: Clerc (Maybe Reveillere)
DL: Berthod
DC: Squillaci (New signing from Monaco!)
DC: Cacapa (captain)

and maybe the experienced Swiss, Muller will start instead of Squillaci, we'll have to wait and see but I think it'll be this way probably. There's a small chance Diatta will play as well..

DMF: Godjilla or whatever you guys call him in France :mrgreen:
DMF/CM: Toulalan (Will play against Nantes for first time today if he plays since leaving them in summer. It'll be emotional for sure. ;) ).

CM/AMF: Kallstrom (Another quality signing by Lyon!)

LM: Ben Arfa probably

A support forward position will most likely go to Karim Benzema who
I'm thinking TODAY will partner Carew probably will get the nod and start as the big man up front in role of CF since I don't think Fred and Cris are too fit yet and might have to miss this one.

There's also some youngsters who have been promoted to squad from 'reserves' this season and have been training with Lyon senior squad and even took part in some friendlies and impressed! So one of them might see a bit of action today as well.

Back
Top Bottom