Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "06/07 Starts August 4"

I hope Monaco will be back in the top 3. They have bought good players for the ones that are leaving (Monsoreau-Maicon, Koller-Vieiri)

@PLF, I know how it feels like. We had Canal+ for years, and had Dutch, English and German football. But then suddenly the Dutch football, went to another channel (wich you had to pay for too). I can't live without Dutch football, so we went to that channel, but I still miss the English and German football. :(
Good luck, mate.

PLF you can grab some L1 game on alt.binaries.spectacles.divx.french on newsgroup when the new season start.

@hub, tuta, Thomas and everybody, you guys MUST HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You know me. I can't lieve without proper Ligue 1 coverage!!

@hub, how is the quality of that? :-s

and thanks.

@Robin, I'm curious to see how AS Monaco will do this year too. New manager (Laszlo Bolono who came from Rennes) and some good additions like everybody's fav giant, Jan Koller 8)

The Croation Leko, the teenage sensation, Jeremy Menez!! Don't forget that Robin! 8)

And Monsoreau can't be a replacement for Maicon mate since he's left-footed and plays SB/CB but on left side.

@Thomas, :lol: :p

STR said:
PLF, on that Wikipedia link, it says Setanta will be covering it so don't get your panties in a bunch. Although someone could be playing a very cruel and calculated trick (i.e. me).
This is too important of a matter STR for you to joke with me on. :p

The problem with Setanta is I only get one of Setanta's few channels (I think there is 2 or 3) so maybe it's the one I get that will cover it or maybe it's the other one. :|

Or maybe it won't cover it at all and you're just lyin in which case you're a bastard! :p

Sina, I found a plug-in to make the picture of online streams look much better. Tell me if you're interested.

total said:
Sina, I found a plug-in to make the picture of online streams look much better. Tell me if you're interested.
I'm not Sina, but please share it mate! ;)

Yeah of course Total.

Any sorta help is appreciated.

Thanks. I'm really the type who hates sitting in front of a PC watching footie.. its uncomfortable and often there is lag and not good quality.. and commentary isn't english etc. etc.

So I was hoping these days would never come... :( but hey when you got no other choice... :| you gotta do what you gotta do! :D

I read on wikipedia now that Setanta Sports USA is supposed to cover Ligue 1 as well but I don't know how true that is... any other proof of that anywhere guys?

p.s. Any place we can watch tomorrow's clash of Lyon and PSG on net with good quality?

PLF said:
@hub, how is the quality of that? :-s

quality is 700mo divx for a full match (SD), source are Canal + SD, OM TV, OL TV and sometimes W9 for Bordeaux match, you only need a newsgraber like "newsbin" or "grabit" and the most important a good newserveur ( i use usenetserver ), match are cut in compressed rar like every group divx.

you can check it here:
http://www.binnews.info/_bin/liste.php?country=fr&cat_id=37&page=1&pageby=30&new=93754

if it's too boring or you don t have any serveur for the newsgroup contact me in p.m ;)

edit: when L1 start you can watch "day of football" ( canal+ ) on "TV5 MONDE" every sunday

Last edited:

I see, thanks for info Hub.

The only problem is I'm pretty much a computer newb so this newsgroup stuff is something I never really understood well. :p

But no problem, if needed I can always talk to you about it via pm or MSN if we find each other online.

Where on internet can we watch tomorrow's match though guys?

As I like to say: Sharing is caring. :p

Btw, the costum title makes me remember of Peter Brakley when he shouts: "Didooooooot!" everytime he gest the ball. :p

total said:
As I like to say: Sharing is caring. :p

Btw, the costum title makes me remember of Peter Brakley when he shouts: "Didooooooot!" everytime he gest the ball. :p
I think I've already heard you said those two phrases in PLF's thread before! :lol:

Celtic is interested in Frederic Piquionne of St. Ettiene. They wanted Vennegoor of Hesselink at first, but he is too expensive. They have allready watched a game of him.

edit: when L1 start you can watch "day of football" ( canal+ ) on "TV5 MONDE" every sunday

Oh i think i have that channel on my cable, is this always on the same time? if so can u tell how late?

Lyon vs PSG game, i wouldnt expect too much from it, i read Lyon play without 8 of their WC players, so thats nearly their whole 1st team. Still a good chance for some of the other to show they got what it takes like Toulalan and Kallstrom in their first official game for their new team.

PLF.... you're in TO if im not mistaken. If you have Rogers cable, they include newsgroups in their package. I had it 3 years ago and it downloaded at about 2mb per second.

Yeh I am.

I just recently moved up further up north in the city though. (Near Stouffville area, I don't know if you know where that is but it's north of Richmond Hill) and Rogers cable isn't available here yet. :eek: :lol:

What I did yesterday was order Bell Satelite for $50 per month and I'm gonna have the other illegal satelites to hopefully get access to GolTV (which will cover Bundesliga too from this year :mrgreen: ), Setanta which I hear has got LIGUE 1 RIGHTS for 2006/2007 season!!!!!!!!!!!! \\:o/ [-o< and f'n Fox Soccer Channel which will be my 3rd fav Footie channel now and no longer as important as other two.

When I get that other dish, I'll also have TV5 Monde, Telemundo, ESPN's and bunch other footie channels and once again my coverage will be as good as it gets! :D

Thank god!! Football IS life!

@Total, gonna click that link now, what time does match start by the way?

@Big Boss, Yeah Lyon had one of the most playres in this WC and 5-6 of them even went very far (Semi-final and final) and since they HAVE To have by law 3-weeks of COMPLETE rest first. It means some of them have just come back to training a week or so ago like Cris, Coupet, Juninho, Abidal, Govou, Wiltord, Tiago, etc. and haven't had all the crazy preseason fitness training rest of the guys did nor took part in the 4-5 friendlies they played.

And so they're not fit obviously. They're gonna get some playing time with reserves to get match fit... so they'll miss this game and probably the opener as well but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Lyon's backup (2nd choice players) are as good as most top teams's 1st choice... :lol: those bastards!! :roll:

Last edited:

Not sure if TLN still has Serie A coverage. But imo Fox Sports Channel was SHIT! We got the Canada version which basically missed out on most games the USA channel got.

You can buy a newsgroup account on places like www.newshosting.com (whcih I use) and www.giganews.com .... extremely fast.

Thanks, considering the stuff I found out yesterday though (ALL GOOD NEWS! :D), it looks like hopefully I won't have to use newsgroups or any sorta way to watch footie on internet) cuz if I get my satelites back and working (haven't installed yet), I should be good to go and once again have an amazing coverage of all the leagues I want! :D

Even Eredivisie which I hear Setanta is also covering!!! :mrgreen:
That's great because I missed Dutch Eredivisie coverage last season and only had one game per week on ESPN Deportes which was in Spanish :roll:

Regarding Seria A coverage, yeah FSC's was $hit!!

TLN as always does show Serie A still here.... and sometimes I watch it there but most times on GolTV whose La Liga and Seria A coverage is AMAZING!!! :eek:

PLF said:
@Total, gonna click that link now, what time does match start by the way?
Approx. in 1 and a half hour, 1645h GMT+1 time. :)

Anyway I'm glad that Setanta will cover Ligue 1 (3 games + highlight show in a week I read in Big Soccer forums) so you'll be enjoying most games in front of TV unlike us people (me included) who have to suffer watching low quality streams only. :lol:

Yeah but me getting good Ligue 1 coverage or any of the other leagues too really also has its use and benefits for the rest of you guys in a way, doesn't it? ;)

p.s. That's where I read it too. From a guy named Joe something at BigSoccer.

PLF said:
Yeah but me getting good Ligue 1 coverage or any of the other leagues too really also has its use and benefits for the rest of you guys in a way, doesn't it? ;)

p.s. That's where I read it too. From a guy named Joe something at BigSoccer.
Of course man!

p.s. Yeah I saw you with the name 'Persian Luis Figo' 8) :mrgreen:

Lyon:
Vercoutre - Réveillère, Squillaci, Caçapa, Berthod - Clerc, Toulalan, M. Diarra, Källström, Benzema (ou Ben Arfa) - Carew

Paris:
Landreau - B. Mendy, Rozehnal, Yepes, Armand - Hellebuyck, E. Cissé, Baning, Rothen - Frau, Kalou

Paris is sweet. I see them winning easily. But maybe Carew will score 3 goals doing fouls. It's his special move...

Anybody watching it on sopcast? pplive or anything?

Watching it now! :D

The quality isn't the best especially when I make it 'full-screen' but it'll do. 8)

Looks like David Rozenhal is playing DMF! since Sammy Traore and Yepes are in center of defence.

Cisse is doing well. Paris missed a few chances and may regret it. For the moment Lyon is waiting...
If the score remains the same, it's directly PKs (no ET).

Good game so far, PSG hit the post and forced the keeper to a good save at the end of the first half.

Watching it on Sopcast 8)

Same. ;)

Lyon has been the better team thus far in 2nd half but PSG just scored on counter-attack! :)

Rothen got on the rebound of a good reflex save from Vercoutre and put it in top corner with his RIGHT-foot!

PSG 1 - 0 Lyon

EDIT: 1-1!!

An arguable penalty and yellow card given to Armand and confident youngster Karim Benzema steps up and converts it!

GAME ON!!!!!!!! :D

EDIT 2: Sammy Traore on his official debut for PSG is signaling to the bench to be subbed since he seems to have gotten hurt after another good tackle he's made.

p.s. Bonaventure Kalou came on for Pancrate few mins ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom