Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "See you next season"

Has anyone seen Nice's friendly schedule for July?

Fri 14 Nice - Tottenham

My 2nd fav club against my fav club's biggest rivals. I hope I can get that via internet. :D

I don't but Puel has also signed a left-footed Brazilian named "Bastos" as well who somebody told me has a bullet shot!!!!

p.s. Where the hell is Lille in your team section of profile man!! :shock: :nono:

I only see Celtic!

Profile changed

Yeah Bastos sounded interesting, not the most impressive signings by Claude, but Keita turned out to be a good one so i'm sure he knows what he's doing

Yeah I heard from some Brazilan people that he's a very good SB!

PLF said:
total said:
Valter Birsa (HiT Gorica) --> Sochaux (4 year deal)

Beware, one of the hottest Slovenian prospects in France. :applause:

Shame it isn't Nice, though. :mrgreen:
Total, if you know anything about him at all, let us know about it in the Ligue 1 thread. ;)

I don't know MUCH about him. But I do know that he was a 1st XI player in HiT Gorica (Slovenian champions 05/06) and he scored around 20 goals this season. He's currently not a standard player in our NT, but then again he's only 20.

He's gonna be publicly presented today or tomorrow (don't know exactly).

Thanks for info but then howcome you don't know him any better ?? Don't you follow your own country's league to know the top-scorer or one of the top-scorers quite well at least? :-s

p.s. Wilhelmsson to Nantes is official now people! :applause:

Another good player added to Ligue 1 for next year. :)

PLF said:
Thanks for info but then howcome you don't know him any better ?? Don't you follow your own country's league to know the top-scorer or one of the top-scorers quite well at least? :-s

You're not gonna belive it, but we only get around 5 games per season. :roll:

from your OWN top division national league? :shock:

What the f***?? Makes no SENSE!!! :eek:

So how are Slovenians supposed to follow their own domestic league? Only from the stands in stadiums? :roll:

And 30 minutes highlights show every Sunday...

hmm... so are they doing this on purpose so people buy tickets to stadiums more??

I highly doubt it. The attendace has been the same over the years. Around 500 people is the average here.

I hope things change in the next season, though.

So what the hell is the reason for this nonsense?? :eek: :spid:

I think that Slovenian people in general aren't interested in our league, hence the average of 500 people.

But if our clubs and our federation would have more money football would get better (better football schools, better infrasctructure etc.).

Valter Birsa publicaly presented: http://www.fcsochaux.fr/v2/fr/actualite.php?p=news&id=528

edit:
Birsa on Ligue 1 compared to Serie A (tranlated with google translator):
Why to have chosen to evolve/move in the French championship rather than in another, like that of Italy for example?

I believe that the French championship is better for me because it is more technical, more open compared to Italian championship which is based more on the power.

Sochaux has a friendly against Dinamo Zagreb in 2 days and I hope they will air the game on HRT2 (Croatian TV). :)

Last edited:

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

So am I. But it's a shame that they probably won't air the game on HRT2 and there probably won't be any stream avalible.

edit: Noooooo. Domenech is staying as a NT coach. :cry:

Last edited:

Can't wait for season to start again!!!!!!!

Not sure on the exact date right now but we're 3-4 weeks away I believe and the good news is Ligue 1 is the first of the (top European leagues) to start so the wait is less than other ones. :mrgreen:

Matchday 1 (5th of August)

Nantes - Lyon (to be played another day)
Lens - Troyes
Nancy - Monaco
Le Mans - Nice
Rennes - Lille
Sedan - Marseille
Paris-SG - Lorient
Bordeaux - Toulouse
Auxerre - Valenciennes
Saint-Etienne - Sochaux

Looking forward to ALL of them matches! :D

5th of August... woohooooooo!!

Birsa allready played 45 mins yesterday and once again said he's sure he did the right thing when he signed for Sochaux. :)

Last edited:

Good to hear. :)

Until the season starts guys, I think we can talk about some of the transfes/speculations here too.

Today I saw that, Mathieu Chalme (Lille's right-back) has expressed his desire to move to Les Verts!

Just shows St. Etienne's prestige and place in French football I guess since he's been a first choice and important player for Lille in their previous couple seasons and they're now gonna be playing CL football again next year while St. etienne will be hoping for a good season.

p.s. I hope Alou Diarra stays in Lens but since there is so many offers from different clubs in bigger leagues (Spain, England, etc.), it's somewhat unlikely his agent has said that he'll remain.

But then again Alou has rejected moves away from Lens in past 2 seasons a few times and I wouldn't be totally surprised if the chairman can convince him to stay for one more season as well. :)

I hope both Diarras stay and as of right now that is a possibility although both could end up leaving Ligue as well.

p.s. Carl Medjani (Liverpool) is set to sign for Lorients. 8)

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "05/07 Start August 4"

M. Diarra isn't against a transfert but Houiller told, yesterday, he'll stay. But I think he won't.

Another funny thing : Lyon is ready to sell Govou for 5M, which for me is correct (maybe 7) but not 10M like the press tells. You can do a lot with 10M.....

During the day, I'll scan the complete transfer list from this week France Football.

Back
Top Bottom