Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Valenciennes, Sedan & Lorient in Ligue 1"

Unbelievably exciting stuff tonight! Of course that's for the neutral fan like me as you can see Tuta and Roti didn't have the best of times! :lol:

They were stressed out when watching probably and biting their nails the whole 90 mins! ;)

But man Ligue 1 is amazing and I can not wait for it to start again! This last day of season and how all the important matches were played at "same time" made it all the more better even!!

It was great to see throughout the 90 mins, as results changed many teams occupying different positions on the table.

I'm sad to see after all that Rennes finish 7th and totally out of Europe! :(

I am happy that Lille got last CL place though as I can see them doing even better than Bordeaux next year both in league and in CL!

Lens with a good match also managed to seal Uefa cup place which is good to see and even though Tuta is pissed and I can understand why, 5th placed and Inter-toto cup and a chance to be at Uefa is certainly much better than having ended empty-handed as Auxerre and Rennes did!

Exciting end to an exciting league (no matter how many goals were scored, I don't care. I don't watch football to see goals! I watch it to see great tackles, skills, teamwork, leadership, aerial battles, midfield battles and many other things. Goals are a bonus like they were today but had there been no goals. It still would've been an exciting match!)

8-1 :shock:

And I must say the Rennes - Lille match was very entertaining. I've enjoyed every second of it!

At least I would've been more grateful if we got Intertoto place so you guys can hand it to us if you want :lol:

Yeah great final day in Ligue 1, even more exciting if you're a nuetral like you said but almost inevitably it ended in despair for me, it always happens I don't know why. :( ](*,) :cry: :roll:

Hopefully Kallstrom sucks in the World Cup so nobody will buy him.

38 goals tonight, record of the saison
only Paris-SG and Strasbourg don't score

tuta77 said:
I hope we'll not play Intertoto.
I have changed my mind. Interoto Cup has changed. I think we'll play only one round (the 3rd) against the winner of CS Grevenmacher (LUX)- Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR). So UEFA is playable so no regret tonight :mrgreen:, with Lille deserving his 3rd place. But if we can't win....

anybody got the highlights of the le mans game?

seems like there's a lot of equal quality in the league, lmao ;)

So what if one team got thrashed? Last week Lyon got thrashed and earlier in the season same happened to them again with Rennes.

Every league has these days and these results everyonce a while.

And no I don't have highlights. ;) I haven't seen it myself yet as there were 4-5 other important matches from ligue 1 today and I got to see 1 and half only :)

You need to see the Cris goal :lol:

PLF said:
So what if one team got thrashed? Last week Lyon got thrashed and earlier in the season same happened to them again with Rennes.

Every league has these days and these results everyonce a while.

And no I don't have highlights. ;) I haven't seen it myself yet as there were 4-5 other important matches from ligue 1 today and I got to see 1 and half only :)

see Bremen vs. Köln for example, every league has this sort of results, especially in the last fixtures...didn't meant it serious, but 8:1 is a extremly rare result :lol:

looking forward to see it tomorrow on german television...

OPM said:
looking forward to see it tomorrow on german television...

DSF? Laola? When's that show on? I always forget. :D

Yeh Bremen vs. Koln was amazin! :D

RIBERY TO THE WC !!!

And Barthez Number 1.
But the rest of the team is poooooor. Too many players with the same profile. We needed Micoud and Anelka and Mexes! We are going to play counter-attack and will not control games. It's a shame. If Zidane got injured, we have no solution.

Keepers
Fabien Barthez (Olympique de Marseille)
Grégory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)
Mickaël Landreau (FC Nantes)

Defenders
Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais)
Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle/ANG)
Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan/ANG)
William Gallas (Chelsea/ANG)
Gaël Givet (AS Monaco)
Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich/ALL)
Mikaël Silvestre (Manchester United/ANG)
Lilian Thuram (Juventus Turin/ITA)

Midfielders
Vikash Dhorasoo (Paris Saint-Germain)
Alou Diarra (RC Lens)
Claude Makelele (Chelsea/ANG)
Florent Malouda (Olympique Lyonnais)
Patrick Vieira (Juventus Turin/ITA)
Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid/ESP)

Forwards
Djibril Cissé (Liverpool/ANG)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal/ANG)
Franck Ribéry (Olympique de Marseille)
Louis Saha (Manchester United/ANG)
David Trezeguet (Juventus Turin/ITA)
Sylvain Wiltord (Olympique Lyonnais)

Thomas must be having a party now.

But wtf... Cisse and Saha?

ps - WOOOO VIKASH TO THE WC!!! Hes definately France's best player:D

Last edited:

Milanista said:
But wtf... Cisse and Saha?
Anelka and Micoud instead of them. If Zidane is injured, we have no solution... again :/.

About no Mexes is a shame :roll: better than Givet or Boumsoung
but i'm so happy for Ribery and Chimbonda :applause:

Silvestre is going to play left wing. It's Givet who has Mexes' ticket.
And Givet isn't good since 2 years.

OT a bit but how good is Diarra of Lyon? from a Man u fan.

Thanx

Nothing to say. One of the best. Top 5 in Europe, easily. Maybe Top 3.

Barthez as #1. :roll:

Btw, new Nates' keeper will be Vladimir Stankovic.

Last edited:

total said:
DSF? Laola? When's that show on? I always forget. :D

21:45 today. :applause: :)

total said:
Barthez as #1. :roll:

Btw, new Nates' keeper will be Vladimir Stankovic.
You mean Stojkovic?

Yeah, Stojkovic. :o

@OPM: thanks man, but I can't watch it tonight. Is there a re-run?

I've seen the 1st 6 goals of Lyon - Le Mans game and all the Troyes - Nice goals. Great goals by Cris. :lol:

tomorrow 22:15 with some more matches :)

tuta77 said:
And Barthez Number 1.
What the fuck! :shock: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! #-o :spid:

There was a battle between Coupet and Barthez to see who #1 is for few months which should've never even happened since hands down it's like comparing Buffon vs. Abbiati and saying who is better!

The level in skill is quite different and like I said on thread as well to you guys before there's at least even 4-5 other French GK's who are better than Barthez. Yet I understand if he'll go to WC anyway due to world cup experience that he has that others don't and I'm fine with that but there should never even be any doubt as to who is #1 keeper!

P.s. I thought finally about a month ago, they made their mind up that Coupet and rightly so WILL be the #1 keeper! what the hell happened?

Fuck........ once we discuss this then I'll talk about some other ridiculous shit like how Cisse, Silvestre and Boumsong made it! :roll:

Barthez is number 1 because of his leadership. Both keeper have great skills but Coupet doesn't have an influence on the group. That's the difference.
In EDF Coupet is a simple player, like others. Not Barthez.

He was always great with EDF, it's normal he stays in the goal. Coupet was a simple motivation for him, that's why Domenech never talked his decision. Barthez can bring more respect and motivation to the group than the only skills of Coupet. The life in the group is more important with keepers, the last defender.

Cissé is great in EDF, he's in, ok. But Saha... It's Cisse 2.0 and we have enough forwards with Wiltord playing winger and striker. Micoud was a good choice to complete Zidane, but Domenech can't see it.

Brazil is going to win easily if all the teams are letting their best players at home !

Last edited:

There is some mistakes here such as Micoud not being in and few others but it's not normal at all that Barthez is #1. I'm afraid the OM blood's got you pumping again.

In Coupet we're not talking about some 22 year old GK that nobody respects who has great Skills!

We're talking about a guy who is VERY respected! Ligue 1 GK of the year and the best one for few years. Far better than Barthez and also should be CAPTAIN or vice-captain of Lyon as he's one of the most influential and respected players in the league and the team. (sadly he's not and it's Cacapa but hopefully that'll change soon).

Ridiculous to pick a guy who makes a lot of mistakes and isn't even as a good shot stopper than Coupet and their form in recent years isn't comparable! Domenech is an idiot! He's shown it time and time again and France could very well fail because of him this year!

Micoud should've been there, Cisse shouldn't and neither should Boumsong or Silvestre! France has too much talent to just bring avg (Mistake-prone) players to WC and the biggest stage.

Thank god Ribery was included at least and Chimbonda is a good option! He did 2 things right at least!

@Tuta, by the way I added some more about our Barthez discussion on thread:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=708589&postcount=7948 where we were talking about this stuff. I'll probably continue discussion there since it's hard for me to keep up with several different threads now.

take care

Last edited:

Tuta, you really must feel pissed after what happened yesterday. I watched Laola and Marseille didn't take advantage of so many chances they've had. And what a stupid mistakes for the equaliser in the last minutes of the game. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom