Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Lyon & Bordeaux in Champion's League"

Rated Josh said:
I'm back from Marcel Picot (Nancy), great match for asnl, we belived in the egalisation, but AJA kill us in the end of the match.
Allez Nancy, and whatever you guys thought about Nancy (I've read some disapointing posts from PLF), Nancy is not the same as Strasbourg, it's a team which come from L2, whereas Strasbourg used to be in the lasts place of L1. Asnl has got a warrior spirit, you can't compare those different teams.
What are you talking about Josh? 8-[

I have nothing against Nancy! I like them! I like their spirit and determination that we've seen many examples of this season! Hell I'm the same guy who also took the ridiculous stats that Konami had made for them and turned Bracigliano, Brison, Duschemin, Zerka, Gavanon and all of them one by one to good hardworking talented players. Don't believe me just look on thread and read posts of "Englishman" like VeryBigEd who are now playing with "Nancy" in my file and enjoying it because they are like real life and a hardworking tough determined team! 8)

The stuff I said about me being disappointed they are in Uefa cup is what I've always said and has nothing to do with Nancy. It has to do with me believing definitely that the "League" format is by far a better way to determine which teams are the best and most consistent so for me the teams finishing 6th and 7th deserve a Uefa cup place much more than the team that just wins "The league cup"! This goes the same way not just in France but in England and other leagues as well! It's MUCH harder to finish 6th than to win "English League cup" for example because it comes down to consistency and doing well all year through 38 matches!

But in knockout competition, anything is possible and a run of 4-5 good games can get you far and winning a title like Greece did in last Euro championship where I'm pretty sure if it was a "League format" between those two teams, they probably wouldn't have become champions but would've done pretty well anyway.

That was the whole point, nothing against Nancy and yes I know them and their fighting spirit pretty well, it's nothing new! :roll: It's one of the reasons for club's success this season and the main things about the squad right now! I think we all here know that already. It's not like rest of us ignore "AS Nancy" and don't like them or disrespect them. Well I don't anyway!

So maybe if you read a message from me Josh, you should read ALL of it and not just two lines and get wrong idea or conclusion. :)

See ya
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways guys I haven't watched any Ligue 1 today, was out so only saw last 10 mins of Lyon game and missed Bordeaux vs. Nantes as well. Was that a good match? anybody watch? although not a lot to play for, for either team so I guess maybe not as exciting as other matches could be!

PLF said:
What are you talking about Josh? 8-[

I have nothing against Nancy! I like them! I like their spirit and determination that we've seen many examples of this season! Hell I'm the same guy who also took the ridiculous stats that Konami had made for them and turned Bracigliano, Brison, Duschemin, Zerka, Gavanon and all of them one by one to good hardworking talented players. Don't believe me just look on thread and read posts of "Englishman" like VeryBigEd who are now playing with "Nancy" in my file and enjoying it because they are like real life and a hardworking tough determined team! 8)

The stuff I said about me being disappointed they are in Uefa cup is what I've always said and has nothing to do with Nancy. It has to do with me believing definitely that the "League" format is by far a better way to determine which teams are the best and most consistent so for me the teams finishing 6th and 7th deserve a Uefa cup place much more than the team that just wins "The league cup"! This goes the same way not just in France but in England and other leagues as well! It's MUCH harder to finish 6th than to win "English League cup" for example because it comes down to consistency and doing well all year through 38 matches!

But in knockout competition, anything is possible and a run of 4-5 good games can get you far and winning a title like Greece did in last Euro championship where I'm pretty sure if it was a "League format" between those two teams, they probably wouldn't have become champions but would've done pretty well anyway.

That was the whole point, nothing against Nancy and yes I know them and their fighting spirit pretty well, it's nothing new! :roll: It's one of the reasons for club's success this season and the main things about the squad right now! I think we all here know that already. It's not like rest of us ignore "AS Nancy" and don't like them or disrespect them. Well I don't anyway!

So maybe if you read a message from me Josh, you should read ALL of it and not just two lines and get wrong idea or conclusion. :)

See ya
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways guys I haven't watched any Ligue 1 today, was out so only saw last 10 mins of Lyon game and missed Bordeaux vs. Nantes as well. Was that a good match? anybody watch? although not a lot to play for, for either team so I guess maybe not as exciting as other matches could be!

I said that because you were the 17th people this evening to compare Nancy & Strasbourg, and I was bored with that.

I mean, you're right, win a cup is easier than being 6th in a championship. But it offers an opportunity for teams like Nancy which always plays intenses and sometimes "violent" (for some kind of spectator), and playing that way is good for a Cup.

Strasbourg is a team with individualties like Diane, Farneruds, Pagis(ex) with technical skills.They play a good football to see as a spectator, but that was not enough.

Nancy is a group and this is more physical, players with equilibrated capacities, they rely on their determination, even if it causes injuries, that's a fact.

I didn't tell you that ya disrespect Nancy. But a lot of people in France were disapointed with the qualification for Uefa Cup.

Nancy is able to do something, because other teams like Asnl have won a National Cup to participate to Uefa Cup. Same deal...Nancy could play clubs which are 15th, 16th or the last of their League, so what's the matter?

Fantastic result for Lille today, didn’t get to watch it hopefully will see highlights from somewhere, instead of Just goals, beating the champions twice in 1 season is a great feat.

2 Goals for Peter, 12 for the Season good return for playing upfront himself

Cabaye got a game aswell, not sure how many games he’s got, he’s aplayer I’d like to see.

Champions League football is in their grasp, I hope they get to the Group stage aswell as Celtic, and get drawn in the same group, that’s 2 games I’d go see

Denilson is leaving Bordeaux. He's not satisfied with his salary.

total said:
Denilson is leaving Bordeaux. He's not satisfied with his salary.

Comon !!! isn't for that !
Denilson want stay with little salary, isn't the problem, it's just Bordeaux don't want him for the next season in CL.

i know it's strange

Denilson says : i'm very sad to leave Bordeaux after one year than after seven years in Betis.

Last edited:

That's what I read, sorry. ;)

Micoud wants to come back in Ligue 1. Bordeaux again ???

UNFP Trophys

Best Player of Ligue 1 :
Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyonnais)

Best GoalKeeper of Ligue 1 :
Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)

Best Young of Ligue 1 :
Franck Ribéry (Olympique de Marseille)

Best Coach of Ligue 1 :
Claude Puel (Lille)

Team of Ligue 1 :

Coupet (Lyon)
Jemmali (Bordeaux)
Cris (Lyon)
Yepes (Paris-SG)
Abidal (Lyon)
Diarra (Lyon)
Juninho (Lyon)
Malouda (Lyon)
Ribéry (Marseille)
Wiltord (Lyon)
Pauleta (Paris-SG).

Best Player of Ligue 2 :
Karim Ziani (Lorient)

Best GoalKeeper of Ligue 2 :
Fabien Audard (Lorient)

Best Coach of Ligue 2 :
Antoine Kombouaré (Valenciennes)

Team of Ligue 2 :

Audard (Lorient)
Ducourtioux (Sedan)
Chelle (Valenciennes)
Marchal (Lorient)
Belhadj (Sedan)
Noro (Sedan)
Camadini (Bastia)
Zubar (Caen)
Ziani (Lorient)
Lesage (Le Havre)
Savidan (Valenciennes)

Goal of the year :
Frank Ribery 'Marseille vs Nantes) 19 November 2005

Last edited:

tuta77 said:
Micoud wants to come back in Ligue 1. Bordeaux again ???
Nice! Will be good to have him back! 8)

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Juninho Pernambucano Best Player of Ligue 1"

I got to watch the whole Lille v Lyon match this morning, it's only the 3rd time i've got to see my new adopted club play, and i must say i was very impressed.

Odemwingie was so dangerous upfront, some better finishing in the first half and it could have been 3 or 4 before half time, took his 2 goals brilliantly.

Dernis impressed me alot, i didn't think alot of him in Pro Evo but i liked the way he played, also a great finish for the first goal.

Bodmer had some nice touches looks good on the ball, supported Odemwingie really well, good aerial presence

Makoun, is as good as i'd been hearing, worked tirelessly in midfiled cutting out all Lyons moves, along with Youngster Cabaye who played really well doing the simple things well and linking the play with the attackers.

The person that impressed me the most was Kader Ketia, he was awesome, very good awarness with the ball, skillful player and always has a trick ready to beat the defenders and also more importantly the delivery of his crosses was good.

Overall the team played great, and such a young base of players and can only improve, all they need now is a draw against Rennes.

Yup sadly now Rennes won't be able to get that 3rd place even with a win over Lille but they will try their best nonetheless to get that 4th spot ahead of OM especially after the frustrating draw they had against St. Etienne and a brilliant Janot!!

Lille of course as you said will only need a draw to clinch consecutive CL appearances! 8)

24 players on 22 for the Euro in portugal

Ribery is in the list, that mean no WC ? :roll:

GoalKeeper :
Jérémy Gavanon (Clermont Foot)
Steve Mandanda (Le Havre AC)
Simon Pouplin (Stade Rennais)

Defenders :
Lucien Aubey (Toulouse FC)
Jérémy Berthod (Olympique Lyonnais)
Grégory Bourillon (Stade Rennais)
François Clerc (Olympique Lyonnais)
Gaël Clichy (Arsenal FC)
Jacques Faty (Stade Rennais)
Bakari Sagna (AJ Auxerre)
Ronald Zubar (SM Caen)

Midfields :
Lassana Diarra (Chelsea FC)
Julien Faubert (FCG Bordeaux)
Mathieu Flamini (Arsenal FC)
Yoann Gourcuff (Stade Rennais)
Rio Antonio Mavuba (FCG Bordeaux)
Charles N'Zogbia (Newcastle United)
Franck Ribéry (Olympique Marseille)
Jérémy Toulalan (FC Nantes Atlantique)

Strikers :
Bryan Bergougnoux (Toulouse FC)
Jimmy Briand (Stade Rennais)
Yohan Gouffran (SM Caen)
Anthony Le Tallec (Sunderland AFC)
Florent Sinama Pongolle (Blackburn Rovers FC)

ThomasGOAL said:
Ribery is in the list, that mean no WC ? :roll:
He's not in the list of 50 players preselected so yeah no WC for him. It's not a surprise. He'll have to wait Zidane last cap.

Last edited:

Micoud would like to go back to Bordeaux...

FUCK!!!!! Ribery really deserved it guys! Toulalan should be in SENIOR NT too! But Ribery was a definite MUST! I'm very disappointed! He's probably better than any other winger France has right now and one of the best in "Europe and world" and also has had a great season. He's young and explosive and skillful! It's now fascinating and worth a chuckle to see how an amazing proven player like him at highest level won't go to world cup and a little guy who has managed to impress in some games against the likes of "MK Dons, Luton Town" and score few goals against them is going (Theo)! :roll: :lol:

But apart from being a bit pissed off, guys is this the best U21 side out there or what?!?? (In terms of talent and individual players) :shock:

This team is quite amazing!!!!! hahaha.. just look at the players! Very good group of talented individuals! Many of them would've gone to WC had they been under another "nation" like England! :mrgreen:

One weakness in there noticable though is I don't think the striking department of this team has enough goal-scoring firepower in likes of Sinama, Le Tallec, Briand, Bergougnoux and Yohan Gouffran (whom I don't know so I can't talk about)! They're all good players, talented, young many of them fast but none of them are really natural "Goal-getters"! In fact in a way or two each are kinda avg finishers who will need many chances to score but the good thing is they can create stuff out of nothing due to their technical ability or speed and of course they're still young and can improve parts of their game like "Finishing"

After all we each remember, Thierry Henry when young wasn't exactly a "great" finisher! He missed a lottttttt of chances to put some away but every year he improved and today not only is he one of the world's best players but also one of the best "Finishers"! :applause:

So future looks bright for "France" but these young strikers coming up through the ranks who will be senior NT players in few years perhaps like Briand really need to start improving on their "Shooting and finishing" cuz none at this particular time are really impressive at it!

Last edited:

All these youngs are good but in fact maybe 4-5 will have a great carriere.

It's always the same in U21. As soon as the level increases, lots of them are lost : the forwards do great with les Bleus but with their own teams, they're poor.

But this team doesn't need a killer because even thought the 2 "strikers" change each match, always one manage to score (Even Bergougnoux and some beautiful goals !!! :D).

Our strenght is and always was the defenders. This team is built to play counter-attack and it works. So no problem for me.

Lorient joins Valenciennes and Sedan in Ligue 1 with his better goal difference.

3 - Lorient 66pts +23
4- Caen 66pts +21

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Valenciennes, Sedan & Lorient in Ligue 1"

Damn only 2 goal difference. Must be hard on Caen fans but I'm happy to see Lorient in Ligue 1 next year! An orange team is what I was hoping for to bring even more colour and diversity to the league! 8)

Haha, loving the colour fetish PLF, hope ur love for orange will see Holland winning the World Cup ;)

Rennes v Lille today at Route de Lorient.

I've been looking forward to watching this one, hopefully the atmosphere will be cracking and most importantly the match will turn out to be a cracking one too!!!!! :D

roti said:
Rennes v Lille today at Route de Lorient.

I've been looking forward to watching this one, hopefully the atmosphere will be cracking and most importantly the match will turn out to be a cracking one too!!!!! :D

Yeah, can't wait for that one. It should be a decent competition.

A side note: Barthez is leaving Marseille.

total said:
Yeah, can't wait for that one. It should be a decent competition.

A side note: Barthez is leaving Marseille.
Really? Where's he going?

roti said:
Really? Where's he going?
A good chance to play for Toulouse, his first team, or he also can stop football...

What's gonna happen to Revault and Douchez (backup keeper who has impressed for Toulouse when playing)!

If I were Toulouse, I'd keep Captain Revault and not accept Barthez!

ALEXANDER FREI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:
Comes back from injury and scores in his return game
1-0 to Rennes now :D

HT 5-1; Lyon-Le Mans.
With the 1st team, every thing is easier .... :roll:

Marseille needs 1 goal to "steal" the 3rd place (Ribery has missed a PK...).
ALLEZ L'OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM !!!

OHHH NOOO !!!!!!!!!!! ](*,) ](*,)

2-1 after 65 mins then as usual sloppy defending cost us. :(

FT: Rennes 2-2 Lille
Frei (35,65)
Fauvergue (77)
Bodmer (85)

And Marseille also drew with Bordeaux.

FT: Bordeaux 1-1 Marseille
Maoulida (75)
Menegazzo (86)

So Lille go to UCL next season.

FT: Lyon 8-1 Le Mans :lol: :applause: 8)
Grafite (14)
Fred (18,38,75)
Cris (26)
Wiltord (29)
Juninho (42)
Govou (87)
Tiago (88)

Rennes 2 - 2 Lille
Bordeaux 1 - 1 Marseille
Lens 3 - 1 Nantes
Lyon 8 - 1 Le Mans
Auxerre 4 - 0 Strasbourg
Troyes 1 - 2 Nice
Metz 1 - 0 Paris SG
Monaco 2 - 2 Nancy
Ajaccio 3 - 1 St Etienne
Toulouse 1 - 2 Sochaux

1 - Lyon 84 pts - CL
2 - Bordeaux 69 pts - CL
---------------------
3 - Lille 62 pts - CL qualifying
---------------------
4 - Lens 60 pts - UEFA
---------------------
5 - Marseille 60 pts - Intertoto
6 - Auxerre 59 pts
7 - Rennes 59 pts
8 - Nice 58 pts
9 - Paris SG 52 pts
10 - Monaco 52 pts
11 - Le Mans 52 pts
12 - Nancy 48 pts
13 - St Etienne 47 pts
14 - Nantes 45 pts
15 - Sochaux 44 pts
16 - Toulouse 41 pts
17 - Troyes 39 pts
--------------------
18 - Ajaccio 33 pts
19 - Strasbourg 29 pts
20 - Metz 29 pts

Marseille so unlucky for this third place for the Champion's League when OM (0 - 1) and Rennes (2 - 0) lead and finally 2 draw and OM go to Intertoto...:cry:

Last edited:

F**K !

I'm very angry. 5th is nothing. I hope we'll not play Intertoto. It's useless.Lots of players are going to leave Marseille, that's sure.
We have to rebuild everthing again. I can't see the end.

F**K !

But tonight was the most intense matchday I have ever seen. 6th,3rd,4th and finally 5th. Damn it. We could be 3rd with Pagis and full Lyon.

Back
Top Bottom