Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "06/07 Starts August 4"

Great penalty from Benzema, very calm and confident this young man! 8)

Big future! ;)

Why the Fuc*k* is Carew taking damn FK's though!! :-s :spid:

Okay so there's no Juninho but Kallstrom and even Toulalan are present and both of them can deliver more accurate FK's or passes from those than guy is wasting!!!

And we're off to penalties.

Let's see if Landreau can stop Lyon from winning this cup for the 4th or 5th time in a row! (Since 2002 basically I think.. you do the math. :p )

Captain Yepes is stepping up and Landreau has a smile on his face. 8)

EDIT: GOAL Yepes! Nice cool calmly taken penalty that sends Vercoutre the wrong way.

Up steps big John Carew who is gonna fuck it up I think.

EDIT: Nop he scores! :p

EDIT: Paulo Cesar............... and it's a goal!

EDIT: Time for Toulalan (one of the best additions any team in Europe could've made to their team this summer) to step up.. he's looking confident.... and it's a goal!

EDIT: Frau (who just came from Lyon to PSG) SCORES! 8)

Now youngster Ben Arfa.... he scores and so does Rothen with a beautiful PK!

Time for Karim again!!! :D

And he does it again!!!!!! 4-4!! on PK's!

Last edited:

what happened? I see Lyon celebrating now.. did PSG screw up their last PK? :-s.. they didnt show or I got cut off lol.

I don't know any team as lucky as Lyon. I'm sure luck won't be there for them this season. Again, it's not the best team who won. Unbelievable.

Regarding Benzema. I found him nice but he almost never makes the right choice. Ben Arfa plays 15 minutes and disappears ("Nasri style"). Rothen was good but Paris failed. But they tried. I'm sorry for them.

@PLF : Yeah, Kalou completely missed his pk. Easy catch by Vercoutre.

Damn... my connection got lost right at that moment so I missed Kalou's.. pk.. who scored last one for Lyon?

Kalou missed his PK! Mr Diarra won it for Lyon!!:D

5th in a row for Lyon, once again sending message to others that their eyes are set on the title!!

M. Diarra. Same place as the other PK. A bit more high. Landreau was close.

Yeah and it sure as hell is nice once again to START the season having already won a competition lol.... it makes you more confident and start on a high.

Were they able to get their opening match against Nantes postponed by the way or not yet? :-s

p.s. Regarding Benzema and Ben Arfa Tuta, I already told this to Thomas months ago. Both are promising youngsters but in my opinion Benzema will turn ou to be a better player and achieve more.

He's much more confident in himself and despite being so young, he ALREADY has a good physique/strong body with good balance that many young talented attacking players don't including Ben Arfa himself who needs to bulk up.

It's over now Robin. We watched it on Sopcast. It's a program you need to download. Easy though. Total will help you with it later.

I'm pretty sure Benzema will make a good carriere. He only has to improve his teamwork. I like the way he plays (Henry style). And there was a Pk for him when he was 1-on-1 against Landreau. But I can't see the PK during the game. I saw Carew doing a big charge on defenders !!!

PLF said:
It's over now Robin. We watched it on Sopcast. It's a program you need to download. Easy though. Total will help you with it later.

I know what Sopcast is, I watched Ajax for more than a half year by it. Wich site did you used?

Sopcast doesn't work for me...it doesn't connect. :eh: But I watched it on TV and missed the pens, because I though there's OT and when I cam back I see lyon celebrating. :lol:

p.s. Sorry I disappeared from the MSN so quick. But I see you watched the game.

edit: I heard Birsa is doing great at Sochaux and he might be #1 choice in the season to come.

Last edited:

Big Boss said:
Oh i think i have that channel on my cable, is this always on the same time? if so can u tell how late?

Sunday ~ 18 pm ~ 22 pm (french time), don t remember because i usually saw it on saturday on C+

@Hub, excited about Ellie Baup and the new Toulouse? :p

PLF said:
@Hub, excited about Ellie Baup and the new Toulouse? :p

LOL, there nothing to be exited in football at toulouse, same poor team for years now, same poor players... :(

FRIENDLY MATCH:

Birmingham Blues VS A.S Nancy Lorraine

-----------------------------------1-1-------------------------------

(Pascal Berenguer or maybe deflected by Landry N'Guemo for Nancy 53', Michael Forsell equalises 60')

This year, the team I'll keep an eye on is St Etienne. They bought very interesting players and the 1st team is very nice (well that's what I thought about Toulouse last year... :)).

------------------Janot
M. Dabo Z. Camara Hognon Ilunga
-------------Sablé Landrin
Feindouno-----------------------Dernis
------------Ilan Piquionne

Last edited:

Why is M. Dabo there instead of Foussenni Diawara? :-s

And yes St. Etienne has had some good signings like Ilan and Landrin who can be useful but at same time, it's not like they only got stronger this season! They also got weaker by letting go of two KEY players.

One of the best DMF in Ligue 1 and probably world in Zokora and also David Hellebuyck who was already established and played an integral role for the team.

Hopefully though Dernis or Landrin after a couple months will be able to do the same Hellebuyck did but the fact that there is no real DMF now.. it means Sable has to do a lot more defensive stuff IF that is to be the starting line up (which you posted above) and not get forward as much.. which isn't such great news since he's GREAT at being a CM. But only 'GOOD' as a DMF!

So I'd say they lost some very good players but also made some very good signings. (Much like many other teams!) So they got weaker and stronger in some areas.

p.s. There's still speculation that Freddy Piquionne might leave.

@Hub, c'mon man. Last year Toulouse did poorly because of that f'n retarded coach. Your club has a very decent squad! Definitely good enough for top 10 at least and with some luck and a good manager, you can even get in the top 6 with players you have!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those of us in North America are ********ed it seems. I think I'm gonna cry. :(

Taken directly from Setanta website:

Setanta's channel operations comprise:

In Britain:
Setanta Sports – includes exclusive live coverage of the Scottish Premier League

Setanta Sports 2 – includes live coverage of the Dutch, French, German and Italian premier leagues

Celtic TV and Rangers TV

In Ireland:
Setanta Sports – includes live Formula One, English Premier League, and GAA

In USA:
Setanta Sports – includes live UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup and Six Nations and Heineken Cup rugby
Sounds like what we want is Setanta 2! But we can only get Setanta Sports USA which is NOT gonna have any Ligue 1 or even Bundesliga coverage. :(

This f'n sucks!!!!!!!!

Apart from Setanta Sports, isn't there any other channels you can watch different league football matches on?

Must be some highlight shows.

What you mean different leagues? I have good coverage of all other top leagues.. Ligue 1 is the one that's in jeopardy right now and if things stand the way they are (in sad news above) then I will only have ONE Ligue 1 match per week plus highlights show. :|

Which is not enough for me.

On the other hand if Setanta Sports USA do show Ligue 1 coverage (since they have f'n rights to it for 2006/2007 season) just like they plan to do it for their British audience, then I heard they will show 3 matches per week which is just f'n great!! :D

*Fingers Crossed* that info above is not updated and that there's still hope for those Ligue 1 fans among us in North America.

Where the f***ck is everyone? :p

p.s. I was talking to Yogui a little while ago and he told me that in France, there is a service available called "Foot +" or something like that.. where you get to pick ANY Ligue 1 match per round you want!! :eek:

IS that f'n amazing or what!??!!?! :shock:

That means you can request and watch Sochaux vs. Toulouse a certain weekend if you want instead of watching the OM, Lyon or PSG match that TV might choose on its own most times!

Man.. I'm so jealous of you guys... I would KILL for a feature like this!! :drunk:

Why am I stuck on this side of the world?? :| #-o

p.p.s Got some good news regarding Setanta though which has made my day kinda. :mrgreen:

We have something like that aswell in Holland PLF, if u have a subscribtion with this Internet Provider (wich has the rights to the eredivisie games) u also get a tv-decoder and u can watch any Eredivisie match u want, ill have this for atleast the first half of the season :)

I just found out I might not be able to enjoy the league on the TV. :|

Back
Top Bottom