Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Lyon Champion"

Approximately :

Houillier :
"It's weard to celebrate the title in an hotel but at a pinch it's the luxury of good teams."

Diarra :
"I'm very full of joy."

Cacapa :
"It is 5 !"

Wiltord :
"We put a big cadency since the beginning. It was hard to follow us and now we have a little objective, it's the 80 pts record."

Juninho :
"After Milan, I asked the president to do the maximum of effort to keep the same team next year. Because I think Lyon has a team for 3-4 years with 1-2 new players max, ready to play every competition."

Last edited:

Thank you Tuta and I suppose then Juninho said the most important thing and what we wanted to hear (well not you but I mean rest of us :p) although he didn't mention if chairman JMA said OKAY but I suppose that's what it means. Like I thought unless JMA's ambition has gone down which is unlikely, Lyon will most likely keep best players like M. Diarra and rest unless $50M or something like that comes and yet will get even stronger with acquision of some better quality players to go for CL yet again next year!

@Total, thanks for the pics man. Pictures speak louder than words! :)

Fred looks so funny in this picture:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57347020.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B54CA52535BAC67BF6E8F779439
:lol:

I love the shirts they made too hahaha.. I saw Wiltord and others waving them from bench near the end of match!

SPiTFiRE said:
I've the picture... :mrgreen:

lyon0tq.jpg
:lol: :mrgreen:

ahh wat a class celebration best i have seen in a while war dance celebration led by md diarra

lyon showed great expertise to boss the game

sidney what a shot!

been impressed with ligue 1 this season!

PLF said:
Wow Gibb you are serious!! :D

Bueno is a pretty mediocre player who shows signs of being "Decent" at times but nothing really exciting and yeah he's a bench player and will be unless he gets move away. Cuz Kalou and Pauleta are quite clearly much more capable and more talented than him. But he's still decent and if he gets more playing time next season, I think he'll show us some stuff. But First person I'd get rid of If I were PSG would be Fabrice Pancrate and players like him!

Players like him just simply don't deserve to play in teams like PSG (as much as I don't like them). I never liked the guy or was impressed with him even when he and Daniel Cousin had a successful season at Le Mans a few years back if you guys remember.

OM and PSG have quite a lot of "Avg or mediocre" players and Lyon has only a couple thats why Lyon is best team there and PSG and OM keep under-achieving. So if they're sersious about starting to challenge for title in next year and next few years, OM and PSG need to get rid of their many "avg" players and don't replace them with more "Mediocre ones" but buy only "Good quality!". Similarly Lyon if they want to become best in Europe and world they also have to get rid of their few "avg" or "only decent" players like Govou and Cacapa, Pedretti and few others and replace with better ones!

Don't get me wrong I like captain Claudia Cacapa but the truth of the matter is, not only is he injury-prone but he's also getting on a bit now, very slow to react sometimes, not as great as he once was and so Lyon could do with putting him on bench and getting a REAL quality CB like Cris to partner him or if he's unhappy with going to bench then sell him.QUOTE]

totally agree:applause: Bueno is clearly a shit and very very average the same with Pancrate(the badest player i 've never seen!!)
and for lYON you're right i 've always said here to my friend Cacapa is is very average and with a top CB they would be even better

PLF said:
Wow Gibb you are serious!! :D

Bueno is a pretty mediocre player who shows signs of being "Decent" at times but nothing really exciting and yeah he's a bench player and will be unless he gets move away. Cuz Kalou and Pauleta are quite clearly much more capable and more talented than him. But he's still decent and if he gets more playing time next season, I think he'll show us some stuff. But First person I'd get rid of If I were PSG would be Fabrice Pancrate and players like him!

Players like him just simply don't deserve to play in teams like PSG (as much as I don't like them). I never liked the guy or was impressed with him even when he and Daniel Cousin had a successful season at Le Mans a few years back if you guys remember.

OM and PSG have quite a lot of "Avg or mediocre" players and Lyon has only a couple thats why Lyon is best team there and PSG and OM keep under-achieving. So if they're sersious about starting to challenge for title in next year and next few years, OM and PSG need to get rid of their many "avg" players and don't replace them with more "Mediocre ones" but buy only "Good quality!". Similarly Lyon if they want to become best in Europe and world they also have to get rid of their few "avg" or "only decent" players like Govou and Cacapa, Pedretti and few others and replace with better ones!

Don't get me wrong I like captain Claudia Cacapa but the truth of the matter is, not only is he injury-prone but he's also getting on a bit now, very slow to react sometimes, not as great as he once was and so Lyon could do with putting him on bench and getting a REAL quality CB like Cris to partner him or if he's unhappy with going to bench then sell him

totally agree:applause: Bueno is clearly a shit and very very average the same with Pancrate(the badest player i 've never seen!!)
and for lYON you're right i 've always said here to my friend Cacapa is is very average and with a top CB they would be even better

and yeah lyon was better nothing more to say without a BIG letizi they would have scored more

Last edited:

If I understanded correctly Bellion signed a 4 year contract for Nice. 8)

i think it's a good new since he is come he has showed some good skills

Yeah but the thing is Nice has already many strikers "similar style to him".

Soleymane Camara, Baky Kone, Vahirua and now David Bellion are each the pacey, good dribbling, short, small weak SS/CF type of strikers.

Then they only have Bagayoko who is big and Fauconnier (but he'll probably leave won't he? He's not good enough!)

Let's talk about who will get promoted possibly to Ligue 1 next season:

I'd like to finally see Lorient (Baky Kone's Ex-club Total ;) also Darcheville's) in Ligue 1 if they make it and wouldn't mind having "Caen" back either! Those are my two fav to have if I could choose :)

Sedan last I heard was coming up though and topping the table, I don't know what's happening now, perhaps someone can update us on situation but I wouldn't mind them either. Last time I remember them in Ligue 1 (few years back) I believe they had players like M'bami, Henri Camara, Salif Diao just to name a few.

Caen despite going down last year though entertained a lot of people with some good attractive football at times or entertaining matches for neutral like me such as 3-2 win over OM (Tuta will hate me for mentioning this and ALAIN will love me for it! isn't this funny :lol: :p ) for example and I also "heard and always thought" (is it true Thomas?) out of Ligue 2 teams, they have one of the biggest fan support if not THE biggest so them back in Ligue 1 would be a good thing!

Tell ya what though I DONT want to Bastia back in! Save the Corsican derbies for Ligue 2 next year! :mrgreen: \\:o/

Last edited:

table For ligue 2

1 Valenciennes 65 34 18 11 5 46 26 20

2 Sedan 64 34 17 13 4 46 28 18

3 Lorient 61 34 17 10 7 44 22 22

4 Caen 57 34 15 12 7 48 31 17

5 Bastia 56 34 16 8 10 44 32 12

6 Dijon 53 34 14 11 9 40 30 10

Yes you're about Cean i would like to see them go up too they have some very good young players(like zubar in talk with marseille)and great crowd and stadium
and for the Corsican derbies, totally agree with you:KEEP IT FOR THE L2 AAA LOL:lol:

PLF said:
Caen despite going down last year though entertained a lot of people with some good attractive football at times or entertaining matches for neutral like me such as 3-2 win over OM (Tuta will hate me for mentioning this...)
Not at all. It doesn't affect me when we lose a good match of football. It's not like the 3-0 we took against Le Mans this year when we didn't play at all.:roll:

For Ligue 2, I'm a bit disappointed about Bastia who was leader 2/3 of the season and since 2 months are completly lost and I don't know why. Very strange.

Last edited:

Marseille and Paris recover their point.
I'm very happy :).

3 Lille 58
4 Rennes 56
5 Marseille 55
8 Paris-SG 51

Valenciennes topping table Alain? :shock:

Nice one! :)

I don't know anything about them but look forward to seeing a new team in Ligue 1 and hopefully with Caen and Lorient who still have chance. I want Lorient cuz of colours as well, we don't have one like that in Ligue 1 same with Caen plus their support ;)

As for Corsican derbies haha.. I don't know why you're disappointed Tuta in Bastia losing lead but I like Alain am sick of seeing shit pitches, shit stadium and 7000 fans only or something like that :lol:

SAve the Corsican derbies for Ligue 2 next year hopefully! :mrgreen:

For those who don't know like our new crowd here, Ajaccio and Bastia is the derby we're talking about :)

p.s. Alain, Tuta or Thomas, I just rememberd Montpellier who is now in Div 2! Do they not have bigger fan base than Caen? I think they must be biggest ones in 2nd division with Caen no?

PLF said:
I don't know why you're disappointed Tuta in Bastia losing lead
I don't like Bastia but it's strange how they lose the lead. They were leading easily and after mercato something wrong happened. And I don't know why the team couldn't stay in Top 3.

Concerning Caen fans, well I don't know any supporters personally. I know Montpellier or Sedan fans but none who loves Caen. I never met one !
Now even thought Montpellier has the biggest stadium, I don't know if he's more full than Caen's each game. I have to check.

Yeah I know a Montpellier fan although he's Brazilian, his name is Scratch-br ;)

Their stadium has a lot of empty seats nowadays but still I thought it could be quite a lot for a Div 2 side in France.

For those who don't know like our new crowd here, Ajaccio and Bastia is the derby we're talking about

Could anyone for the benefit of use new Ligue 1 fans, give us a list of the Derby matches, i was looking at a map trying to work it out but obviously just being beside each other isn't the only reason derby's are derby's eg PSG v Marseille

Thanks

Half Time score :

Marseille : 3 (Ribery 1', Taiwo 19', Niang 45')
Rennes : 0

Amazing OM !!!
Ribery score in 17 sec
and Taiwo powerfull freekick at 140 km/h vs the wind !!
and for Rennes, Gourcuff feekick on the post

Last edited:

Final score

Marseille : 3 (Ribery 1', Taiwo 19', Niang 45')
Rennes : 0

I want the video of Ribery at the 77' :shock: simply amazing !!

Marseille in Stade de France for the final

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "First semi-final : Marseille 3 - 0 Rennes"

even if i don't like you credit to marseille:(

I'm so happy, I have to be in Stade de France now !

Ribery ! Ribery ! Ribery ! Ribery ! Ribery ! An artist !!!

Hahaha I like PSG quite a bit and not so much OM, but Ribery I definitely rate as an awesome winger, is he going to W.C.?

I sure hope so! Guys I missed this match, damn shame as it sounds like a great one I heard!

I'll see if I can get a hold of some footage hopefully.

As for the derby list it'd be a good idea, if Thomas, Tuta or anyone can help with it.

Derby (not the same city, but from same region or others)

Lyon vs St.Etienne
Lille vs. lens
Monaco vs. Nice
Nantes vs. Rennes

others :
Marseille vs Paris St.Germain (big rivality South vs North)
Nantes vs Bordeaux (Derdy de l'atlantique)

Last edited:

Marseille - Nice !!!
"Derby de la Méditerranée"

Bordeaux-Toulouse
"Derby de la Garonne"

Strasbourg - Metz
"Derby de l'Est"

Metz-Nancy
"Derby Lorrain"

Troyes-Auxerre

Last edited:

FC Nantes : 1 (Cetto 72')
Paris SG : 2 (Pancrate 68', Pauleta 86')

OM vs PSG in Stade de France

Back
Top Bottom