Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Lyon Champion"

@Alain, hahaha yeah nice mind-games! I hope Rennes beats on OM now! 8)
total said:
Did you see how Lyon players celebrated on the streets? :D
Nop when would they show that? After Lille game?

Anybody got vids?

I saw it on a Slovene TV and there was a Canal+ logo on the right top corner of the screen.

The players slowed down the traffic as well. :D And there was a couple of cameras behind them. They've also danced a dance similar to some war dance inside some room. Crazy players. :D

I'm currently watching my first ever Ligue 1 match :p It's been boring at the moment, not much chances being created and the Chinese commentary doesn't help either. :roll:

Monterrubio started on the bench but came on 25 mins, dunno if it's a knock, but Hadji was rightly subbed off. Kone has been a constant threat to the Rennes defence..

Come on Rennes!!

PS - Nice dribble by Gourcuff somewhere on the 30 min mark. :shock: :applause: \\:o/

EDIT - Goal !! Utaka just before half-time \\:o/ got a bit lucky with the offside decision there, but what the heck!! :D

Last edited:

I've been trying to watch the Match but it won't load on Tvants, watching Getafe v Real instead,

A draw is good for Lille, come on nice hold on

Nice : 2
Rennes : 1

What a goal by Abardonado at the 95' !!!!!

Good for OM :)

Viva Pancho Abardonado !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can still dream !!!!!

Last edited:

2-1 :( :(

Abardonado wins it for Nice right at the death!! to be honest Nice deserved towin the game, Rennes weren't up for it and Ouaddou was stretchered off to make things worse.. :(

Rennes remain 4th, 2 points behind Lille.. Rennes gotta regroup and win all remaining matches to have a chance for UCL next season :roll:

Oh man, I feel so bummed now that I couldn't see 2 goals. My connection died before the 1-1 goal and then I couldn't connect back to the station. :( Good to hear that Nice won, though. :D

What a strange goal celebration made by Fred and company. :-s

Man is this great or what! for next season this thread won't be somewhat crappy and empty most of the time like it's been in past few years and finally we'll have more regular contributors and more importantly fans of all sorts of teams instead of the boring usual hi My name is Pascal and I'm PSG fan and so is the 50 people behind me and hi my name is Fabien and I'm OM fan with 60 people behind me with no Lille/Nantes/Nice/Rennes etc. fan before.;

Now it'll be more interesting than it's ever been on a Ligue 1 thread ;) and most likely we'll have even more people joining this thread's discussions as time goes by as well.

Well i'm definitely here to stay, Lille are now my second team , behind Celtic of course.

When i had my marathom being awake session the other day, i looked into going to see Lille next season, and it would cost about £200 thats including spending money, so when my student loan comes in next september, i'm gonna book up and go watch Les Douges

That Bueño is really a great player!

Last edited:

SPiTFiRE said:
What a strange goal celebration made by Fred and company. :-s

They celebrated their tittle with that dance yesterday. Quality. :applause:

It reminds me of the New Zealand Rugby team bfore their matches. :lol:

Bueno may be a good player but PSG won't keep him next year. That's what I've heard.
Now, I may be wrong but he is always a subtitute. I can't really tell how he plays. PLF, I need you :lol:.

Lyon is aiming the 80 pts. It would be a record in Ligue 1 with '3 pts wins'.

Last edited:

Paris Saint Germain : 0
Olympique Lyonnais : 1 (Fred 24')

Not the best game of the year but Lyon very superior and serious :)

Wow Gibb you are serious!! :D

Bueno is a pretty mediocre player who shows signs of being "Decent" at times but nothing really exciting and yeah he's a bench player and will be unless he gets move away. Cuz Kalou and Pauleta are quite clearly much more capable and more talented than him. But he's still decent and if he gets more playing time next season, I think he'll show us some stuff. But First person I'd get rid of If I were PSG would be Fabrice Pancrate and players like him!

Players like him just simply don't deserve to play in teams like PSG (as much as I don't like them). I never liked the guy or was impressed with him even when he and Daniel Cousin had a successful season at Le Mans a few years back if you guys remember.

OM and PSG have quite a lot of "Avg or mediocre" players and Lyon has only a couple thats why Lyon is best team there and PSG and OM keep under-achieving. So if they're sersious about starting to challenge for title in next year and next few years, OM and PSG need to get rid of their many "avg" players and don't replace them with more "Mediocre ones" but buy only "Good quality!". Similarly Lyon if they want to become best in Europe and world they also have to get rid of their few "avg" or "only decent" players like Govou and Cacapa, Pedretti and few others and replace with better ones!

Don't get me wrong I like captain Claudia Cacapa but the truth of the matter is, not only is he injury-prone but he's also getting on a bit now, very slow to react sometimes, not as great as he once was and so Lyon could do with putting him on bench and getting a REAL quality CB like Cris to partner him or if he's unhappy with going to bench then sell him.

In anycase I told you guys this game won't be as good! :p It was okay.

As for celebrations I'm a bit disappointed guys. Last year when Lyon won title after win against Ajaccio (Cacapa header 8) ), they celebrated after match so TV here showed it and it was really cool. I wish they had postponed celebration for this season's title to after PSG match instead of doing it after Lille match which they weren't involved in and so TV didn't show and I missed it! :(

Last edited:

total said:
They celebrated their tittle with that dance yesterday. Quality. :applause:

It reminds me of the New Zealand Rugby team bfore their matches. :lol:

Yeah that made me remimd it too, the All Blacks!

Pedro you guys in Portugal watch it with Portuguese commentary?

Yup! ;)

Edit: My review is, French league have the "original african style" of football mixed with latin, in another words it's very strong and somethimes fast, I must agree with PLF, that game was a bit boring because Lyon didn't care about the game because they know their champions again.

Anyway I like it to watch. :)

Last edited:

Yeah kinda hard to review league after one game ;) but hey its a decent first impression :p

And if it was Portuguese commentators then I suppose they didn't know that much about players individually cuz I watched it with Steve Banyard whom I like and David Pleat who been doing French league for few years and even these guys talk crap sometimes and say things that makes you realize, they dont know all players that well! :lol:

p.s. Thomas or someone can you guys find vids of Lyon players celebratoin after Lille match? I want to see! :cry:

No, the commentators know very well everything about any player who plays in France, especially "where they com from?" and some things about the qualitys and capacitys about each player. :p

There was also a celebration tonight.
All the players and staff in the Parc des Princes but most of psg fans were already outside ;). So there were medias, players and Lyon fans doing the show alone.

I'll try to find your video PLF.

tuta77 said:
There was also a celebration tonight.
All the players and staff in the Parc des Princes but most of psg fans were already outside ;). So there were medias, players and Lyon fans doing the show alone.

I'll try to find your video PLF.
There was?? :shock:

Damn.. well freakin FSC didn't show it. They ended it after whistle was blown and showed highlights of match and that's it.

I'd love a video of today's celebration too so thanks for lookin ;)

@Total, thanks man! haha look at Mahamadou Diarra! :mrgreen:

Now I just need somebody to translate what Wiltord, Houllier and Juninho said even though I can pretty much guess.

I've the picture... :mrgreen:

lyon0tq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom