Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 11/12 (Montpellier Champion de France 2011/2012)

Nene will stay as PSG bought him for big money from Monaco and he's a firm fan favourite after 2 great years and part of the project.

Hazard and Giroud will both leave. Only question is where.

Bayern has been keeping an eye on Olivier for some time and he may well be giving Gomez real competition next year and Huyckenes the ability to rotate effectively without losing quality.

Congratulations to Montpellier!
Paris get 79 pts but only finish 2nd (new record in French Ligue) because Montpellier made a great perfomance this season!
To finish with 82 pts for a team with the 13th budget of Ligue 1 is a great achievment! (Only Lyon made better with 84 pts...but not he same budget^^).
The game of yesterday against Auxerre is just as their season, against all prediction: Montpellier was losing, the game was stopped several time, and they finish the game knowing that Paris has won his match, so everything was against them, everyone could think that they wouldn't support the pressure.....but in the end Montpellier won the match!
There is nothing to say, Paris made a great season but Montpellier made an extraordianry one! Respect!

PS: Now I can't wait to see Loulou Nicollin with his new haircut!

Edit:
louis_nicollin_03_21052012.jpg

Last edited:

That is a very funny picture and a very fair post Eyel3ss. Respect!

Some incredibly funny quotes from Loulou Nicollin. :D

'All I want now is for us to keep playing our attacking football and a tittyfucking.'

and

'Every team I see this haircut I think about how less fuckable I am.'

What a crazy old bastard. :LOL:

Congratulations to Montpellier, I had been supporting them throughout the whole season, because back in August I had placed a bet on them winning the league with 30.0 odds with a 10€ stake! The bad thing is, I closed my account in October..

And it's also Remi Gaillard's home town so I knew we would expect a cool Foot 2012 video from him. :p

How was Javier Pastore in his first season with PSG, never heard much about him, so i assume it wasn't the biggest success?

How was Javier Pastore in his first season with PSG, never heard much about him, so i assume it wasn't the biggest success?
Exactly even all PSG I saw some games and a part from the large success against Sochaux they didn't play a nice football and neither Pastore

Yes just as the team, Pastore was sometimes brilliant, sometimes average and even "disappear" of the game, and sometimes the 3 in the same match! But for a first season he scored 17 goals (13 in Championship) which is better than Ronaldihno, Rai or Ginola for example. So I think we can be optimistic for the next season with a full preparation and after 1 year of "acclimatization" to the french ligue.
Also, with the mercato and some players to come (rumors talks about Higuain, Lavezzi and Kaka) he will have less weight on his shoulder I think. People always ask him if the 42M€ aren't to "heavy" for him, and what I think is that if Higuain come for 45M€ for example it will be a good thing for him.

Yeah he did okay and will be a lot better next year so I'm not worried about him. Still a great purchase and this team is only gonna get better.

They will have serious aspirations for CL as well. Maybe not necessarily next year as it takes time to get used to it (Just ask City) but the year after they will want to make their mark not just in France but all of Europe.

Yes like gerd said, Nice post Eyel3ss!

Yeah he did okay and will be a lot better next year so I'm not worried about him. Still a great purchase and this team is only gonna get better.

They will have serious aspirations for CL as well. Maybe not necessarily next year as it takes time to get used to it (Just ask City) but the year after they will want to make their mark not just in France but all of Europe.

Yes like gerd said, Nice post Eyel3ss!
Totally agree even Louis Nicollin (Montpellier president) said it.
PSG will be a CL ready team ;)

Yeah I don' texpect MUCH next year in CL though I think they can and will do well with Ancelotti's experience and the quality players but I do EXPECt a LOT starting the season after.

Glad to hear Pastore did reasonably well, a player i love...

Scoring 16 goals with 6 assists this season with an "OK" performance? Fella must be something.

Scoring 16 goals with 6 assists this season with an "OK" performance? Fella must be something.
I think the fact Hazard was outstanding this season "covered" a bit Pastore

Hey dude, long time no see!!

I remember you! You're the Brazilian guy who lives in Montpellier and became a real fan a few years ago when they were in Ligue 2! What an amazing turn around it's been hasn't it? For you to have experienced everything so up close and personal as a fan from promotion to Ligue 1 and then the stabilization of the club and now CHAMPIONS!!

Congratulations.

Hope all's well.

p.s. Was Zebina really that good? Aren't there much better choices? What about Sakho?

Hey dude, long time no see!!
p.s. Was Zebina really that good? Aren't there much better choices? What about Sakho?

I was wondering the same thing. Based on the little I know about French football, I thought Basa's rating made sense, but I was really surprised Zebina was rated so highly. In addition to Sakho, I would have guessed that Mbia, Alex, Chedjou, Lovren, or Yanga-Mbiwa could all argue to lay claim to that team...especially Yanga-Mbiwa given that Montpellier just won the title. Then I again, it probably makes sense because I have never thought of Mbia or Chedjou as true center backs. Their auxiliary players who can play anywhere in defense or in midfield. Alex has only playing in France since the January transfer window, so that probably cancelled him out. I would need to have someone more cultured in French football to given an evaluation of Lovren and Yanga-Mbiwa to know if my opinion has any merit.

The same statement could also apply to L'Equipe's rating of Steeve Elana. :THINK:

Hello mate!
I also remember you, at the time you were starting a project to correct players stats in PES.
Very nice to see you indeed :)

Brest has had the 3rd best defence of the league. Guess the reason ;)

Elana has a great season. He's not as good as Lloris but everyone here agrees that he has had a tougher job than Lloris if you compare the 4 backs in front of them.
BTW, Elana has just signed for Lille to form a pair with Landreau

Sakho has not played a lot since Ancelotti arrived. He wasn't doing so well, then Ancelotti has chosen its pair of defenders: Alex-Bisevac. That's the main reason he's out of EURO...

I was wondering the same thing. Based on the little I know about French football, I thought Basa's rating made sense, but I was really surprised Zebina was rated so highly. In addition to Sakho, I would have guessed that Mbia, Alex, Chedjou, Lovren, or Yanga-Mbiwa could all argue to lay claim to that team...especially Yanga-Mbiwa given that Montpellier just won the title. Then I again, it probably makes sense because I have never thought of Mbia or Chedjou as true center backs. Their auxiliary players who can play anywhere in defense or in midfield. Alex has only playing in France since the January transfer window, so that probably cancelled him out. I would need to have someone more cultured in French football to given an evaluation of Lovren and Yanga-Mbiwa to know if my opinion has any merit.

The same statement could also apply to L'Equipe's rating of Steeve Elana. :THINK:

Hello mate!
I also remember you, at the time you were starting a project to correct players stats in PES.
Very nice to see you indeed :)

Brest has had the 3rd best defence of the league. Guess the reason ;)

Elana has a great season. He's not as good as Lloris but everyone here agrees that he has had a tougher job than Lloris if you compare the 4 backs in front of them.
BTW, Elana has just signed for Lille to form a pair with Landreau

Sakho has not played a lot since Ancelotti arrived. He wasn't doing so well, then Ancelotti has chosen its pair of defenders: Alex-Bisevac. That's the main reason he's out of EURO...

I think Lovren and Yanga-Mbiwa deserved more to be in that dream team.

Also as you said the others are not fully center backs.
About that Elana transfer I don't really understand it they already have Enyeama who is actually a really great keeper (remember the ACN).

L' Equipe elected Sakho as flop of the season (togehter with another player i can't remember)...

Mbiwa seems very impressive though and I like Lovren from what I've seen too.

I guess Zebina and Elana did have great season though. I haven't seen too many Brest matches.

Lastly, yes the Elana transfer doesn't make much sense. That surely means Enyeama or Landreau are leaving otherwise there is not another club in Europe that has 3 better keepers! Just too much. You can't even keep 2 of them happy, let alone 3.

Question to the French people in here: Do you guys have a show with extended highlights from every game? Like a Match Of The Day for Ligue 1?

Jour de foot and Canal Football Club.

And l'équipe.fr for the 2012-2013 season

Lastly, yes the Elana transfer doesn't make much sense. That surely means Enyeama or Landreau are leaving otherwise there is not another club in Europe that has 3 better keepers! Just too much. You can't even keep 2 of them happy, let alone 3.

It seems that Enyeama will leave. Some rumors says that he is not satisfy being the 2nd gk and some others says that Lille isn't satisfy of him. Who knows...
They say also that Elana refuses 100k€ salary in Brest to join Lille, so I suppose Landreau will play his last season as number 1 and Elana will replace him. Well, the future will tell us more.

Le Mans go to National (Ligue 3) and finally Metz stay in Ligue 2

Re: Ligue 1 - 12/13

And Monaco is in Ligue 2 for another season right?

Who came up to Ligue 1?

It looks like Evian want to continue to put a good squad together and are after even more Danish players! Kahlenberg and Krohn-Deli to just name two!

Back
Top Bottom