Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 12/13

Wow sleeping giant Reims back among the Big Boys!! That'll be interesting!

Did Ajaccio get relegated? If they hadn't, then we'd have those crazy Corsican derbies back!! Their fans and Bastia are crazy!

Wow sleeping giant Reims back among the Big Boys!! That'll be interesting!

Did Ajaccio get relegated? If they hadn't, then we'd have those crazy Corsican derbies back!! Their fans and Bastia are crazy!
Corsica derbies back :))

Yup, Toyes. I knew it was a recently promoted team, i thought it was Sedan who got promoted with Troyes a couple of years ago. But it is Troyes.

Lyon win le trophée des Champions in PK 4-2

220px-Troph%C3%A9e_des_Champions_2012.jpg

1bcd0.jpg

Montpellier HSC : 2 (Utaka 27', Herrera 56')
Olympique lyonnais : 2 (Gomis 44', Briand 77')

MVP : Yohann Gourcuff

And a young player to follow, Yassine Benzia 17 years old

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 - 12/13 (Lyon win le Trophée des Champions)

what a crazy last 15 minutes... Montpellier played well but Lyon was better IMO, they could've won the match without going to PKs...

I think PSG will be better than last year amigo. Now Carlo's been in the job for awhile and has brought in more of 'his' players and let's face it, the quality of the squad has gone up signing the best defender in the world and Zlatan among others like Lavezzi!

PSG will be a tough team to beat but I like Lille and Montpellier's chances as 'outsiders'. They have been built over 5 years instead of 2 and so have a lot of stability right from club owners at the top to manager/coaches and finally the players many of whom have been playing together and have great 'bond' for awhile now.

OM, I have no hope for especially with Deschamps gone and Elie Baup his replacement! They do still have some good players but there's just too many things wrong in the club right now.

Bordeaux and Rennes like you said can do well but how well? Title, probably not.

Lyon is the only real 'mystery'. I don't rate Garde and they've lost some good players but you're right, based on 'squad quality' they're still one of the strongest and have many capable players. And with no CL this year after a DECADE, maybe they can focus more heavily on Ligue 1 which can be a big advantage. Plus while I don't rate Garde, I do rate Joel Bats and Aulas and many of the backroom staff.

I'd predict something like this:

1. PSG
2. Lille
3. Montpellier
4. Lyon
5. Rennes
6. Bordeaux
7. Marseille

Then again, I think Montpellier's first season in CL will give them trouble as it often does to NEW CL entrants and Lyon may use that to their advantage and regain CL entry by finishing 3rd ahead of them.

I think Lille can win the Ligue 1 this year after their fantastic last season but maybe you're right about PSG even though I can't see a real "team".

About the predicitions her are mine :

1. Lille
2. PSG
3. Montpellier
4. Lyon
5. Bordeaux/Rennes
6. Toulouse
7. Marseille

Really interesting game by both sides
Lorient is known as the "bete noire" of PSG

Even if I'm a true Montpellier fan, you must admit that Ibra and Lavezzi are pure beasts without forgetting pipoint passing master Verratti.

In Lorient, former Arsenal talent Jeremy Aliadiere, Mvuemba and Ecuele Manga were the good ones for me.
Also both keepers were good.

Looks like the Ligue 1 will be entertaining this year !!

Still nobody's talking about Gourcuff whom had a great match against Rennes :(

Still nobody's talking about Gourcuff whom had a great match against Rennes :(
Talk for us about him !
I actually couldn't see this game cause it isn't in a free channel over here in Morocco and sincerely I was more excited about PSG start so ...

Aliadiere !!!!!!!! He was training w/ Arsenal and I assume a word from Arsene got him into Lorient. What a goal from him, Ibram had about 6 open goals though.

Rennes Chairman says a concrete offer from a PL team for M`Vila. I know its not Arsenal. How did M`Vila play ?

Louis Nicollin :
"After our game, I was not well but when I saw the PSG against Bordeaux, it comforted me. I said:" They are as dumb as we are. ""

You gotta love our president :D

Montpellier unfortunately and exactly how I predicted made an awful season start.
I just hope now Mbiwa stays and Belhanda be like last season.

Yeah bad start for Montpellier and PSG.

GREAT start for OM!

I have a feeling, things will go opposite direction sooner or later for all those teams with OM faltering and the first two getting better and better as season goes on.

In regards to Lille, they lost 1st leg to FC Copenhagen and are on verge of elimination from CL! Of course they have great opportunity to turn things around in 2nd leg at home and make it to group stages.

They still have Debuchy as well who may be staying.... we'll know a lot more over the next 72 hours!

Beautiful new stadium in Lille.
And PSG is a shambles, with one positive exception: Verrati. He's great.

Yeah bad start for Montpellier and PSG.

GREAT start for OM!

I have a feeling, things will go opposite direction sooner or later for all those teams with OM faltering and the first two getting better and better as season goes on.

In regards to Lille, they lost 1st leg to FC Copenhagen and are on verge of elimination from CL! Of course they have great opportunity to turn things around in 2nd leg at home and make it to group stages.

They still have Debuchy as well who may be staying.... we'll know a lot more over the next 72 hours!

Gignac is doing quite well even if he still have to loose some weigh IMO and with Barton arrival it'll be an even more feared team :D

Beautiful new stadium in Lille.
And PSG is a shambles, with one positive exception: Verrati. He's great.

Verrati is pure class and Lavezzi fights for EVERY ball.

Lille win 2-0 and play CL this year :))

I know I watched it. :)

Digne is probably France's future Left-back!

He might turn out even better than Debuchy but on left-side!

Marseille is kicking ass, cignacs goal was unreal
Gignac is doing quite well and yes that last goal was just great hope he'll keep this form and why not play with the French NT.

Btw the official youtube channel to follow the Ligue 1 : http://www.youtube.com/user/ligue1fr

Forgott to say : FINALLY FIRST WIN FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

Last edited:

Gignac is doing quite well and yes that last goal was just great hope he'll keep this form and why not play with the French NT.

Btw the official youtube channel to follow the Ligue 1 : http://www.youtube.com/user/ligue1fr

Forgott to say : FINALLY FIRST WIN FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

Thanks for that mate, lot of content. :)

Just watched all the highlights. ;) Fantastic goal from Gignac.

Back
Top Bottom