Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 11/12

Hope they can get it done against Inter, that should give them a mental boost aswell.

Marseille should go for Gerets as coach, i can imagine he wants to leave Morocco after the disappointing CAN.
Gerets was the best coach Marseille had the last years.

1/4 Coupe de France

US Quevilly (National) 3-2 (ap) Olympique de Marseille
GFCO Ajaccio (National) 1-0 Montpellier
Valenciennes 1-3 Rennes
Paris Saint-Germain 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais

1/2

GFCO Ajaccio vs. Olympique Lyonnais
US Quevilly vs. Rennes

Last edited:

WTF lol. weird if 2 national teams make the final. go GFCO and quevily!!

Montpellier take the lead on goal average and OM stop defeat series with a draw in Nice, but lose Diawara for the season...

Coupe de France semi-finals

GFCO Ajaccio 0-4 Olympique Lyonnais
US Quevilly 2-1 Rennes

Sathurday Coupe de la Ligue final

Olympique de Marseille vs. Olympique Lyonnais

Re: Ligue 1 - 11/12 (Coupe de la Ligue Final : OL 0-1 OM)

Coupe de la Ligue Final :

0-1

(Brandao 104')

705b9.jpg

Last edited:

Lyon should of gotten a Penalty the player was kicked down I was hoping for a dramatic penalty shootout ...anyhow OM did the business Well Done! this mean they go into Europa :COOL:

That's the magic of this cup! OM has lost the last 12 games (well 11 lost for 1 draw) but just won the one that leads OM to Europe!
Why win 10 when just 1 is enough lol!
Nice Pics thomas which says all: Brandao is the savior of OM this season!

Re: Ligue 1 - 11/12 (Bastia back in Ligue 1)

Bastia is a club i always liked and with Reims being in second position, that is another big name club that finally could return to Ligue 1.

On the other hand it is sad to see clubs like Le Havre, Metz, Boulogne, Le Mans and Lens being in a relegation position...

Oh, and i would love Guingamp back in Ligue 1, but they are mid table now...

Nice, Bastia back. :) Let's hope Ajaccio stay up so we can have derbies again. :)

Hahah those Corsican derbies were crazy! lol

It was more about violence than football! Fans kicking the hell out of each other over two crappy teams on shitty pitches/stadiums.

Is Pierre-Yves Andre still in Bastia?! He was a legend for them!

It'll be great to have Reims a sleeping giant back in Ligue 1 after years!

But yes very sad about those teams struggling especially Lens who are still a big club. They are the Newcastle of France but they're struggling big time as Newcastle did a couple years ago.

Yeah, I remember teams like Nantes, Bastia, Le Mans, Lens, Guingamp, Sedan and Monaco in Ligue 1 from when I was little. :)

Sedan was a shithole too. :P

But Nantes and Lens are BIG clubs and Monaco is small fanbase but historic club still of course.

Yeah Monaco was the first 'toy' of rich people pretty much. :P

On an other note, I have sympathy in France for Toulouse. :)
I liked them ever since FIFA 2004 when I'd always chose them because of Emana and their logo. :P

Emana, Gignac, Moussa Sissoko, Capoue, Douchez and my fav the former Rennes, Etienne Didot, a lot of good players have played in Toulouse in recent years or still do.

It's a rugby city though mostly and football is secondary there. So not the most popular team in France but some passionate fans nonetheless.

Man, to take FIFA 2004... That was 8 years ago! :LOL:

I was just 7 years old back then...

Elmander was good when he played there too. :)

True! I remember that, had forgotten about him.

And Damjan, you're absolutely right. In fact Elmander's BEST period in his career was those couple years in Toulouse. He was a BEAST there.

Yeah, shame he showed only a couple of flashes of his brilliance at Bolton. I also remember a naturalised Tunesian from Brazil who was a good player at Toulouse aswell, can't remember his name.

Which position did he play? do you remember?

I think Bolton and EPL actually did get to see Elmander perform fairly well. In fact in his final season with them under Owen Coyle, he did become an important part of the team and they really wanted him to extend his contract while bigger clubs were sniffing around him. He chose to go to Gala for a lot of money of course, but he still performed well enough in EPL and showed a few people who he he is.

Was it the goal against Chelsea where he showed sublime skill as well as great strength? Some called him the White Drogba and that shows how well he played! :D

Oh and I think you mean the very fast dimunitive forward Santos! I remember him. He had a lot of injuries but was very agile.

Thing is though, I think his best period was in Sochaux wasn't it? That's why I thought of him more as a Sochaux player than Toulouse although he did have a spell in The purple jersey but was he that succcesful there? I Don't really remember that.

I'm having problems really remembering him, but I remember I watched every WC 2006 Tunisia match to watch him play. :) You are correct that his name was Santos.

No I remember him now. Yeah he was a forward and VERY agile and small but still good balance and hard to knock off the ball.

He got really injury prone and so career went downhill but he had some good moments in Toulouse and Sochaux.

Back
Top Bottom