Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 10/11 (Arles-Avignon go to Ligue 2)

Why do you think they will win against Lille? Lille are leaders in ligue 1...

Here in France the PSG is THE cup team. Even the worst season they manage to win a cup.
For me as Lille will become before this time second of the championship they will be in bad times and Paris will win

If Lille don't win one the two titles, it will be a major failure after all the efforts they made during the last years.

Yes i agree with you but again in france we barely have surprise champions. It almost always is one of the big clubs with experience and i think it is still to early for Lille

Coupe de la Ligue finale

taiwo-a-inscrit-le-but-de-la-victoire-pour-l-om.jpg

Marseille 1-0 Montpellier (Taiwo 80')

Re: Ligue 1 - 10/11 (Marseille Coupe de la Ligue winner)

What a way for Taiwo to go out!!

Well done!

5 well played minutes : one goal.
85 minutes catastrophic.
Why isn't Marseille playing a whole good match ?

Because Marseille don't play well this year, so use others weapons, like determination and versus a poor Montpellier.
Good news the 5th and 6th places of Ligue 1 become qualifying for Europa League.

Here in France the PSG is THE cup team. Even the worst season they manage to win a cup.
For me as Lille will become before this time second of the championship they will be in bad times and Paris will win

The PSG bought the French cup since 9 years, or maybe before... before, the French cup won in the merit, now, it's enough to write a check at the FFF to win her, and the PSG had to give one big sum of money for her won almost every year !...

Tonight : OM won the French League Cup, and on May 29th, OM will be Champion !!!!!!

OM : BEST CLUB IN FRANCE FOREVER !!! In crappers PSG !!!!

Last edited:

I'm really happy tonight because I don't think we played badly.
That was not great, but that was not shit either.

I think the spirit was there, and that we could have scored more goals.
But Montpellier was a valorous opponent tonight with a good defense and keeper. Imo, the score should have been 3-1.

Here's some pics (taken with the iPhone...)

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

YouTube - OM Montpellier Remise de la Coupe de La Ligue 2011

Last edited:

The PSG bought the French cup since 9 years, or maybe before... before, the French cup won in the merit, now, it's enough to write a check at the FFF to win her, and the PSG had to give one big sum of money for her won almost every year !...

Tonight : OM won the French League Cup, and on May 29th, OM will be Champion !!!!!!

OM : BEST CLUB IN FRANCE FOREVER !!! In crappers PSG !!!!

Can you explain mpre that please ?
Parce que ne suis pas sur qu'en matière de corruption Marseille puisse faire la leçon

@ thomas : agree with you : mental and experience is the key, and that is why they are stronger in big matches.
My question was more why do we see some very good football, like 2 minutes a match and the rest bad ?

In France, give people importance to the League Cup? I just ask because Benfica has just won the Portuguese League tonight and I feel no excitement in here lol.

By the way, I hope OM wins the title too. Somehow I sympathize in this club, maybe the similarities between Benfica and OM European history.

No, no one really cares, it is just useful to give matches to national tv channels ;)

What a smart comment! Were you born in 1993? have you ever heard of Bernard Tapie?

PS: lol, Marseille a gagné 2 coupes de la ligue et 1 trophée des champions! wahouuuuu! le Barça et l'Inter peuvent remballer leur triplé!

Can you explain mpre that please ?
My question was more why do we see some very good football, like 2 minutes a match and the rest bad ?
Because i think OM play with 10 mens, Lucho is a ghost right now and Montpellier play very hard, a bit like a little Mourinho team with 5 midfields.

In France, give people importance to the League Cup? I just ask because Benfica has just won the Portuguese League tonight and I feel no excitement in here lol.
Of course not, but the winner always happy and when it's OM all become bigger.

Last edited:

No I had no problem with your post Thomas ;)
It was about Valbuena's post in fact.

And remember last year : Marseille won the Coupe de la Ligue and celebrated as if they had won the champions league !!!

You wish! :P

I suppose you meant the Taça de Portugal?

You wish! :P

I suppose you meant the Taça de Portugal?

:DOH:

I didn't notice my mistake before!

No, is the League Cup title, which is seen as a lower priority than the League or Taça de Portugal. Unfortunately we won't play Taça final, Porto-Guimarães in May. :(

Ah right, didn't realise Portugal also have two domestic cup competitions.

Never really seen the point of two domestic cup competitions in a country tbh.

Ah right, didn't realise Portugal also have two domestic cup competitions.

Never really seen the point of two domestic cup competitions in a country tbh.

I will quote allezlinter in this one, I think he wouldn't mind.

No, no one really cares, it is just useful to give matches to national tv channels ;)

This is just what League Cups are all about: Audiences and money. Moreover, in Portugal this competition don't allow teams to qualify to Europa League. If you ask if two domestic cups are useful I would answer you a big NO.

By the way, I read that Taiwo has insulted PSG after last night victory. Is that true? It's hard to believe in this kind of news but we never know.

Yes he said Marseille had come to Paris to sodomise the PSG.
He may get a suspension until the end of the season.

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 32

Results :
Monaco 1-0 Rennes
Nancy 0-0 Arles-Avignon
Valenciennes 1-1 Sochaux
Lorient 1-1 Lille
Caen 1-1 Toulouse
Brest 2-2 Paris SG
Auxerre 1-1 Lens
Bordeaux 2-0 Saint-Etienne
Marseille - Nice (Wednesday)
Lyon - Montpellier (Wednesday)

Classement :
1 Lille 60
2 Marseille 58
3 Lyon 53
4 Paris-SG 53
5 Rennes 51
6 Bordeaux 44
7 Lorient 44
8 Saint-Etienne 44
9 Sochaux 43
10 Montpellier 43
11 Brest 40
12 Valenciennes 39
13 Toulouse 39
14 Nice 39
15 Monaco 38
16 Auxerre 38
17 Nancy 38
18 Caen 36
19 Lens 30
20 Arles-Avignon 14 (go to Ligue 2)

Top scorer :
1 Sow Moussa Lille 21
2 Gameiro Kevin Lorient 18
3 El-Arabi Youssef Caen 16
4 Lopez Lisandro Lyon 14
- Pujol Grégory Valenciennes 14
6 Nene Paris-SG 13
- Maïga Modibo Sochaux 13
8 Gervinho Lille 12
- Park Chu-Young Monaco 12
- Payet Dimitri Saint-Etienne 12
11 Ideye Brown Sochaux 11
12 Modeste Anthony Bordeaux 10
- Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 10
- Rémy Loïc Marseille 10
- Giroud Olivier Montpellier 10

Top assist :
1 Martin Marvin Sochaux 12
2 Plasil Jaroslav Bordeaux 10
- Mounier Anthony Nice 10
4 Gervinho Lille 9
- Amalfitano Morgan Lorient 9
6 Cabaye Yohan Lille 7
- Hazard Eden Lille 7
- Giuly Ludovic Paris-SG 7
- Nene Paris-SG 7

Marseille 4-2 Nice
(OM: A.Ayew 30',60',90', J.Ayew 78' - Nice: Traoré 42', Civeli 92')

Lyon 3-2 Montpellier
(OL: Ederson 22', Lisadro 55', Gourcuff 90' - Montp: Giroud 30', Camara 84')

1 Marseille 61 pts (+21)
2 Lille 60 pts (+23)
3 Lyon 56 pts (+24)

Probably Gourcuff's most important goal for OL so far!! 90-min winner and what a day for the Ayew family!! The brothers and the father everybody must be so proud and maybe Andre Ayew's best performance ? Best day of his life!

It's hardly over Gerd. Lots to still play for.

6 matches or so left and Lille will shake off this little minor bad form. Trust me. I'm not saying they'll win the title as I think at this point OM is favorite with their experience and momentum but I'm confident they'll get back on track and also perform well in these final weeks and who knows... what will happen.... I think LOSC still have a chance. 40%. Hell Lyon technically still has a chance with that 90 minute winner. But them it's more like 10%.

No it's not. That's just your opinion. I think the same probably but nothing is certain. We'll just have to wait and see.

And don't be sure PSG will beat LOSC in the Cup either. Just because they've traditionally been Cup team, doesn't mean they'll get it this year. In fact if Lille end up behind and incapable of winning league, they will make sure they finish season with at least one trophy to show for their efforts and show superiority to Paris.

Everything is still to play for, 1 point difference, nothing conclusive. These are facts. Everything else like our opinions on what will happen is speculation. Probably we're right... but we don't know yet.

This is your opinion.
Mine is that Lille won't win anything this year because they don't have enough experience yet.
(2 points in 3 matches atm for LOSC)

No my opinion is actually same as yours. I think OM will end up winning title probably (that's why I give Lille only 40%) and PSG has better chance in cup final.

Difference is I said it's my opinion, where as you said:

"For it all major championships are over ... " as if this was certainty or a fact which is not, it's another opinion.

That's why we have to wait and see. :)

Anything still possible.

Back
Top Bottom