- Amalfitano Morgan Lorient 6
- Giuly Ludovic Paris-SG 6
9 Cabaye Yohan Lille 5
- Estrada Marco Montpellier 5
- Hoarau Guillaume Paris-SG 5
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 5
- Danic Gaël Valenciennes 5

Re: Ligue 1 - 10/11

I don't want see Lille in Champion's league next year, i like this club but B team twice versus PSV it's just a joke and no respect from Rudy Garcia.

I love Lille.
I want to see them become champions. If Lille had Marseille's budget then Garcia would not play a B team Thomas. And i'm pretty sure Lille would not play with a B team in the CL.

But on the other hand you are right...clubs should always field their best players.

The fact that Garcia didn't demonstrates that he is uncertain and that Lille are vulnerable because of the loss against Montpellier. I hope i'm wrong but Rennes or L'OM will be champions.

I'm pretty certain Rennes won't become champs. I'd love for it to happen but just can't see it.

OM and OL will be fighting it at end and hopefully LOSC which has much more quality squadwise than Rennes will also still be there near the end.

I think OL might come back and regain title this year while OM and Lille finish 2nd and 3rd and be in CL next year. Rennes will have a good year but battle it out with PSG for 4th and 5th place I think.

As for relegation, Monaco and Auxerre still in BIG danger! But there's still lot of games left and both have enough quality in squad to get them out of danger zone. Auxerre I have much more faith in though. Monaco is a mess these days!

I like Lille but if the club does not become Champion this year, it will never happen.
And I'm afraid the 2 defeats in a row is a first challenge to overcome because don't forget they will be facing Lyon and Marseille the next 10 days. Crucial moment.

Fully agree.

I think it's now or never for Lille to be honest. If you can't win the title with current players though (Mavuba, Hazard, Rami, Cabaye, Gervinho, Landreau, Obraniak, Tulio etc.) then it'll never happen! The squad is very strong as they have quality players even in 'depth' as backups. But many of these players will leave if not at the end of season then the year after. Rami is already set to leave for Los Che.

I think this is the year for Lille IF They are to become champions of France. But somehow I think at the end they'll probably just fall short... I hope not though!

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 25

Results :
Paris SG 2-1 Toulouse
Nancy 1-2 Marseille
Lille 1-1 Lyon
Valenciennes 0-0 Lorient
Bordeaux 3-0 Auxerre
Sochaux 0-0 Montpellier
Saint-Etienne 0-2 Nice
Arles-Avignon 1-1 Brest
Monaco 2-2 Caen
Rennes 2-0 Lens

Classement :
1 Lille 46
2 Rennes 46
3 Marseille 45
4 Paris-SG 44
5 Lyon 42
6 Montpellier 38
7 Saint-Etienne 35
8 Lorient 35
9 Brest 35
10 Bordeaux 34
11 Toulouse 33
12 Sochaux 32
13 Valenciennes 31
14 Caen 29
15 Nice 29
16 Nancy 28
17 Auxerre 26
18 Monaco 25
19 Lens 24
20 Arles-Avignon 11

Top scorer :
1 Sow Moussa Lille 17
2 Gameiro Kevin Lorient 15
3 Nenê Paris-SG 13
4 El-Arabi Youssef Caen 12
5 Gervinho Lille 11
6 Modeste Anthony Bordeaux 10
- Ideye Brown Sochaux 10
- Maïga Modibo Sochaux 10
- Pujol Grégory Valenciennes 10
10 Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 9
- Park Chu-Young Monaco 9
12 Lopez Lisandro Lyon 8
- Payet Dimitri Saint-Etienne 8

Top assist :
1 Martin Marvin Sochaux 10
2 Plasil Jaroslav Bordeaux 8
- Mounier Anthony Nice 8
4 Grougi Bruno Brest 6
- Gervinho Lille 6
- Hazard Eden Lille 6
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 6

:D :LOL:

Couldn't have hit it any better even if he had meant it! :D :P

PERFECT! Perfect power, bend, placement! lol

Reminded me of that famous Roberto Carlos goal in Real Madrid jersey or Maicon's in World cup against North Korea kinda except this is even better than that.

OM vs. LOSC this weekend! BIG BIG match for both teams!

Eden Hazard contract extended to 2015. Whether he leaves this summer or next, Lille are gonna get HUGE $$$ for him! Record selling transfer fee.

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 26

Results :
Lyon 5-0 Arles-Avignon
Brest 1-3 Bordeaux
Marseille 1-2 Lille
Valenciennes 0-0 Monaco
Auxerre 1-0 Paris SG
Toulouse 0-1 Sochaux
Nice 0-0 Lens
Caen 1-0 Saint-Etienne
Lorient 0-0 Nancy
Montpellier 0-1 Rennes

Classement :
1 Lille 49
2 Rennes 49
3 Lyon 45
4 Marseille 45
5 Paris-SG 44
6 Montpellier 38
7 Bordeaux 37
8 Lorient 36
9 Sochaux 35
10 Saint-Etienne 35
11 Brest 35
12 Toulouse 33
13 Valenciennes 32
14 Caen 32
15 Nice 30
16 Auxerre 29
17 Nancy 29
18 Monaco 26
19 Lens 25
20 Arles-Avignon 11

Top scorer :
1 Sow Moussa Lille 17
2 Gameiro Kevin Lorient 15
3 El-Arabi Youssef Caen 13
- Nenê Paris-SG 13
5 Gervinho Lille 11
- Lopez Lisandro Lyon 11
- Maïga Modibo Sochaux 11
8 Modeste Anthony Bordeaux 10
- Ideye Brown Sochaux 10
- Pujol Grégory Valenciennes 10
11 Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 9
- Park Chu-Young Monaco 9
13 Rémy Loïc Marseille 8
- Payet Dimitri Saint-Etienne 8

Top assist :
1 Martin Marvin Sochaux 10
2 Plasil Jaroslav Bordeaux 8
- Mounier Anthony Nice 8
4 Grougi Bruno Brest 6
- Gervinho Lille 6
- Hazard Eden Lille 6
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 6
10 Cabaye Yohan Lille 5
- Estrada Marco Montpellier 5
- Hoarau Guillaume Paris-SG 5
- Danic Gaël Valenciennes 5

This is Lille's year!

Hazard, Landreau, Beria, Debuchy and captain Mavuba have extended their contracts. Rudi Garcia is apparently getting a new one soon.

Basically the only one they're losing which is a big factor is Adil Rami and others even if they lose like Gervinho or Hazard, they'll get GOOD $$$ for it. Great performances, good football, top of the table, nice balance of youth and experienced players, new stadium, it's a good time to be an LOSC fan. The club is on the up!

Yep I agree with You...if They can get a decent Remplacement for Rami next season and be able to keep hazard for another year...they'l be just fine =p

However, Marseille terribly need a striker, I dont understand how to expect getting goals from a guy like brandao...a average rated striker like him in a club like marseille is insane plus I never rated Gignac as a potent goal scorer, he is a good CF but I dont rate him that much as being a THE guy to put the ball in the back of the net...

You know that they only extended contracts for Lille to get more $$$$$ ?

Last edited:

Yep I agree with You...if They can get a decent Remplacement for Rami next season and be able to keep hazard for another year...they'l be just fine =p

However, Marseille terribly need a striker, I dont understand how to expect getting goals from a guy like brandao...a average rated striker like him in a club like marseille is insane plus I never rated Gignac as a potent goal scorer, he is a good CF but I dont rate him that much as being a THE guy to put the ball in the back of the net...

Gignac is good but he hasn't settled yet and had some injury problems. He hasn't fully found his feet at OM yet, when he does, I think he will be THE guy to put ball in back of the net. He's nothing special but good player.

Brandao is average but his work-ethic is awesome! Few strikers in the world work as hard as he does for the team. Of course that can't compensate for great skill or pace so yeah I agree, they could use a top striker especially since Remy is being played on right at times. Otherwise he could help in there....

Brandao has team-work, work-rate and size but overall isn't good enough for OM.

You know that they only extended contracts for Lille to get more $$$$$ ?

Yeah but now if clubs want to buy them, Lille will get lots of $$$ because 3-4 years left on contracts.

So either they keep these good players or even those who leave (apart from Cabaye), they will probably get great $$$ for them to replace with other good players. It's a great situation.

Yoan Cabaye is an outstanding Player... and IMO should be a Regular france international, the kid that everything a CM needs...He could be the next schweiny for France.

Yeah he's a great player, soon leaving I think, already wanted to last summer but Arsenal and co. didn't come with concrete offers it seems. I can see Hazard staying another year especially if Lille secure CL football. Cabaye will probably be gone though and Frau's contract isn't getting renewed it seems. Something I'm not too surprised about given his ability and age but he's pissed off about! lol

Don't rate Cabaye quite in the same category as Schweini though and don't think he'll ever become that (Schweinsteiger for France) because he's not that young anymore and at his age, Bastian was already a household name with many many caps and had played in World Cup, Euros, won leagues, etc. etc. Definitely a good under-rated player though and were he to move to a club like your Arsenal, he'd get much more visibility and recognition, fame and make the next step in his career too which he's been kinda needing to for the past couple years. But with emergence of Wilshere and likes of Ramsey in the pipeline too, it's another DMF Arsenal needs for backup to Song if anything, not another Wilshere type so I don't see the Arsenal move as that likely anymore.

Last edited:

It would be a pity if Lille lost Cabaye. He would be a big loss for them and i'm not quite sure if Yoan would be a big asset for teams like Arsenal.

I really hope Lille can win Ligue 1, but i still think this will be Rennes' year..
I hope this away win against L'OM give Lille a huge boost and Marseille can help Lille with a win against Rennes.

I would LOVE it if either Lille or Rennes won it. But despite the current standings, I can't really see Rennes taking it Gerd.

Because unlike Lille, who have a smaller name and history compared to giants like OM similar to Rennes, but unlike them, LOSC squad IS packed with quality! Even on the bench!

Rennes on the other hand and Frederic Antonetti are having an AMAZING season! Over-achieving like crazy especially since they lost key players like Briand and also lost promosing forward and current top-scorer to rivals Lille (Sow), but the wheels will come off. Simply put, this is a team with many talented youngsters many of whom will leave soon I think, but at the end of the day, there isn't enough quality to WIN a championship like France's.

Unless something really unexpected happens, I just can't see Rennes retaining 1st place because if you compare squads, their squad is much weaker than Lille or Marseille or Lyon's. Hell, their squad is weaker than likes of PSG or Bordeaux but those two are perhaps underachieving a little so it's a different story.

And because of this, if Antonetti makes Rennes champions, I'll give him a lot more credit than if Garcia makes Lille champions. Though both are amazing achievements, I think the latter has a much tougher task.

For me, Rennes' place is somewhere between 4-6th and I think that's eventually where they will end up. Not even with a CL place. But anything can happen in the beautiful game and considering they've always done well over the last decade but never quite managed to make it to top, I hope to be proven wrong and for Antonetti and Rennes to keep on surprising us. :)

If Rennes becomes Champions, I think I'll stop following Ligue 1.
The way they play is the opposite of my vision of football.
Strong defenders and pray that counter attacks work.
No thank you.

If it works, and is effective, it works bro. :P

But no, I think it won't work lol. It's not good enough to get you 1st place.

I think by end of season, they'll be fighting PSG/Bordeaux for 4th - 6th place.

There's Rennes' first set-back. There will be more.

And great victory for OM ahead of trip to Old Trafford. They need all the confidence they can have because they shouldn't be scared of United. They can beat them and progress. It's hardly mission impossible though it won't be easy.

They have to believe. But this current United side and midfield is very beatable and considering even a 1-1 draw can get them through, Deschamps and Co. can do it. They just have to believe. Otherwise they will lose and get eliminated.

Yes, Marseille going to the next CL round would be good for French football (and for Lille).
Unfortunately i think Man Utd will eliminate them. This is far from the best Utd team, as a matter of fact this is probbaly the weakest Untd team under Ferguson. But Man Utd players have that killer mentality that Ferguson seems to be able to instill in all his players.

French team miss that killer mentality. OM under Goethals had that, because this was also a manager capable of doing the most cynical things in order to win. It seems to me that top managers/coaches need that (unfortunately).

Yeah I still expect United to go through playing this 2nd leg at Old Trafford but I'm just saying, this is gonna be a tough match for both teams and either one could advance.

So while United are favourites, it's there for the taking and I could see OM go through as well with a good brave performance. Because it won't be easy for neither team and it'll be tight. There'll be no margins for error for either team which is why I'm really looking forward to it. The smallest mistake will cost them advancement to the next round.

Back
Top Bottom