[Junka'z] J-League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship hands-on review pics+vids

Re: [Junka'z] J-League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship hands-on review pics+vi

found a cool fantasista mode video on youtube.. looks quite impressive actually.. i was thinking itd be the same as the fixmode in first person.. looks to work quite abit more effective and a slightly better view aswell ..nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39q2OZljNa8&NR=1

Re: [Junka'z] J-League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship hands-on review pics+vi

i got the game and i can tell u he is not as powerful as last year. not as fast and dominating (like in the 360 version where he just seemed to run through walls of defenders). still got one hell of a shot tho.

All right then my bad :mrgreen:
Can you any of you lucky guys post informations concerning dribbling (is it easier or harder ?)?
Are those horrible side-steps still in the game ?
How are long passes ala Beckham ,better or not ?
Thank you for every much :mrgreen::mrgreen:

i noticed u have dell screen, i have a dell pc screen, a bit of topic sorry but how do u connect a 360 to a dell screen? sorry if its a stupid question, thanks

i noticed u have dell screen, i have a dell pc screen, a bit of topic sorry but how do u connect a 360 to a dell screen? sorry if its a stupid question, thanks

He might have used an USB TV TUNER which allows you to play any video game on your computer screen (of with using the right software).That's how I do anyway ,gfx looks even better on pc than on my SDTV.

LOL
I have a DELL 2407 24inch widescreen hdcp(fullhd)it has component,DVI,VGA,s-video.
Yes u can connect ur 360 with the component cable(1080i max)

so no i dont use a tv tuner ;)

today when im at home again im planning to hook my ps2 with component to my 50ich HD plasma ;)

If I am not completely misstaken (not an avid PES6 fan :)) There are some nice new animations:

Inter video -

0:26 - There is a nice move where the player goes right (shifting the ball with the outside of his right boot) before going left (with the inside of his right boot) and shooting. Looks new to me. Sort of looks like "a" flipflap from a distance, but it is probably not, just new animations for "sidestepping" with the ball.

Same goes for 0:50 where the player sidesteps from stationary position (right after turning almost 180 degrees to face his marker). It also looks new to me (another view at 0:59).

0:43 - Player moves from stationary to his right before shooting over. He seems to take a little jump and lean/brace himself with his feet before turning, which looks great (earlier games had turning mostly done without needing to move the feet far away from the body to overcome g-force on the body).

It's the small things that matter. Shot animations seem the same mostly, :)

Also notice Adriano at 0:19 getting seemingly excessive speed on his shot (barely no pendulum on his foot and the weird "close to goal" footshaping from PES6, shooting with the outside/toe). Seems KONAMI shifted all shot powers up without considering how the animation for a particular shot fit with them?.

Overall "looks" slightly better than PES6 atleast. :)

Thanks for adding your opinions and videos. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
nter video -

0:26 - There is a nice move where the player goes right (shifting the ball with the outside of his right boot) before going left (with the inside of his right boot) and shooting. Looks new to me. Sort of looks like "a" flipflap from a distance, but it is probably not, just new animations for "sidestepping" with the ball.
--------------------------------------------------------

thats true m8 ,this was alsow new for me i never did this move on PES6

LOL
I have a DELL 2407 24inch widescreen hdcp(fullhd)it has component,DVI,VGA,s-video.

today when im at home again im planning to hook my ps2 with component to my 50ich HD plasma ;)

but this game doesnt has wide screen :(

true....but if you play ps2 games u get 2 think black bars on the left side and right side,but there realy thin does not bother much.For the rest the games are scaled prefect on the screen.

LOL

All right then ,I see that your stuff gives somes terrific images then ;) .

i'm sorry but this game plays like crapt, aint worth 60$,not much improving at all, maybe a little bit here and there but no major game play improvement at all, put it this way, i use one of the jap club and beat barca 3-0 at the highest level. what the hell? it's just too easy like the rest of the we10, pes6 series, i guess i'll keep on playing we9, it's more challenging. i only spent couple hours trying to like this game but i can't.

Managed to get hold of the game this morning, but don't have time to play it at the moment. My review coming soon.

I've finally got it and playing Fantasista mode :D Not too bothered about the other options tbh.

About Fantasista mode: I created myself in the game. Then played 1 amateur game i guess, using the normal cam and NOT the player cam (can't be bothered trying Player cam). Then based on that game i recieved 6 offers from Japanese D2 teams. Chose 1 and now i'm in there subs. I must say there are around 52 weeks of football in D2 which i think is beautiful. Looking at the options there are new things which are solely for the fantasista mode obviously. Fantasista looks more like the ML structure (Not PES6, JL structure that is) which is good. I also like the track (sounds brazilian). Thats all i can say for now tbh because i still have to play in D2.

fantasista sounds promising

I've finally got it and playing Fantasista mode :D Not too bothered about the other options tbh.

About Fantasista mode: I created myself in the game. Then played 1 amateur game i guess, using the normal cam and NOT the player cam (can't be bothered trying Player cam). Then based on that game i recieved 6 offers from Japanese D2 teams. Chose 1 and now i'm in there subs. I must say there are around 52 weeks of football in D2 which i think is beautiful. Looking at the options there are new things which are solely for the fantasista mode obviously. Fantasista looks more like the ML structure (Not PES6, JL structure that is) which is good. I also like the track (sounds brazilian). Thats all i can say for now tbh because i still have to play in D2.

yeah, fantasista was pretty fun but i just blew away five games cause i had no idea how to save :( I'm looking forward to translation so i can explore the game some more and of course save :D

Save is the option 2nd last at the bottom. Click twice and you're in.

And a translated OF? Can anyone make one?

Save is the option 2nd last at the bottom. Click twice and you're in.

thx, then I'll give it a go again :D

Last edited:

just collected my game an hour ago from UPS
PLAYASIA gives one US$5 voucher
wow not bad ;)

Chers for comments Junka. Can't wait til mine arrives as all your comments sound positive gameplay wise.

And a translated OF? Can anyone make one?

OF can only translate the playernames,leagues,stadiums
i do hope someone is working in it ,and alsow with the boots(no real boots :( )
for ingame translation u need patch it,hope fernando is working on it :)

The game is very easy..too easy. I play my first game with inter against Manchester Untited @5 Stars and won this game 9:0. The CPU have only 2 shoots(a header and one shoot on target) and me 15. Adriano and Ibra are the same monsters as in pes6.The shooting is also easier. In defence you have more control and the reaction of your player is better. The reason why this game is so easy, because Konami reduce the scriptgameplay(passes,defence,shooting and so on...). So you have better control and the cpu have no chance. I like the new free control gameplay,but the dribbling ist too easy.

OF can only translate the playernames,leagues,stadiums
i do hope someone is working in it ,and alsow with the boots(no real boots :( )
for ingame translation u need patch it,hope fernando is working on it :)

Yes i know! But first come players and clubs... Then the ingame translation!

They took away the red teamgeist ball, the best new ball from PES6. That's bad. Looks like I'll mostly be playing with the classic one.

The dribbling DOES look awesome, but like most people, I hope it won't be too easy.

Okay, well, here's my first impressions after an hour or so (normal play only, not Fantasista). All of this may well change so stay tuned. ;)

I'm a bit 50/50 to be honest, not sure how to feel. On the one hand, I'm enjoying it (which I find hard with PES6), but on the other hand I honestly can't see a lot that's changed. The game as a whole is slower, you really feel it in the first five minutes (how Junka can say it's faster I have no idea, sorry Junka ;)), but then you adjust to it. The speed is more realistic though, definitely. I can imagine that if I put PES6 in now, it would seem like it was going ten times faster than before.

Dribbling is easier because it's slower, but it's not too easy at all. Personally I find it very hard to dribble when you've only got eight-directional movement but if you can do it on occasion in PES6, you'll be able to do it more often in this.

Passing is improved, it's more fluid and easier to pull off. They seem to have enough power to reach the target this time, which is nice, but as with previous PES games, the players tend to stand perfectly still and wait for the ball, which is so fucking annoying. So it's an improvement, but it still needs fixing properly.

The shot bar is a lot better, but I've still had three shots from outside the area go over the bar when I've only tapped the button. It's more rare, but it's still there.

AI is a lot better, the CPU can even make mistakes!!!!!! Shock horror!!!!!! I've seen passes go quite badly wrong, and times where a pass will go to my man instead of theirs. They appear a lot more realistic, and the way they play football in the middle of the park is very realistic. Keeping possession and waiting for an opening, rather than being 99% attacking.

A lot of CPU cheats have gone from what I've seen so far, which is surprising - I have noticed one or two though (mainly the one where you stab-tackle, your foot hits the ball and knocks it onto the CPU player's leg, and then bounces half-a-foot in-front of him so that he retains possession). Plus the one where it's a waste of time tackling by the sidelines, because you'll nearly always win the ball only to knock it out of play (but that's not the case for the CPU, obviously).

And I still notice the lack of control in certain areas. For example, trying a through-ball down the wing will either be spot-on or go out of play, despite how you aim or press the button. I had a player in a great position, so I pressed through-pass, and the ball goes at such a bad angle that it goes out of play just before he can reach it. Yes, you can't pass perfectly every time in real life, but you have no control over it being perfect or not, it's the CPU that decides (unless you can get used to the right-analog-stick passing method, which I can't - I'm RAS-challenged).

Plus, the auto-tackling is still there (I didn't mention this too much when I noticed it in PES6 because I thought people would think I'm mad, but I had a conversation with Kevano last night and he's seen it often). What I mean is, you can press the "press" button, and sometimes your player will decide to tackle on his own. Which has led to me giving away penalties, which (when you have your finger nowhere near the tackle button) is immensely frustrating. Why have you added this "feature" Konami? I can see absolutely no valid reason. But if you've not noticed it before then perhaps you won't notice it in this.

Goalkeepers are a bit weird. 90% of the time they've been great, a good realistic balance between saving shots and missing them. But I've seen them wonder into some awful positions, and let in shots that are going sooooo slooooow that he could have saved it if he walked to the ball. Better than being supermen, I suppose.

Difficulty-wise, if you found PES6 easy, you'll find this even easier. I usually drew 0-0 or 1-1 on PES6, I'm not a God at the game. But on this I won four games in a row from the start, which is unheard of for me.

The biggest problem I've seen so far is the corners. In five or six games, there's been a goal from a corner every single game. And the shot count for the CPU is always iffy, for example, 20 shots, 12 on target, 1 goal. They seem to have tons of shots, but very, very few go in.

Overall the feel of the game has been improved slightly, it is definitely better than PES6 but not by a huge margin. Again, as it always is with Konami, it's an improvement but it's such a slight, slight improvement. I personally don't think it's worth the money, but if you're a PES fanatic (and a lot of people are) and you want the best modern version available then there's no doubt that this is better than PES6.

Last edited:

Cheers Jack ,what a very complete review .

thx jb, nothing to add ... only slight improvement of pes6, nothing more but i expected so

Great review JB

How does it compare to WE10-JLeague?

About the same as it compares to PES6. An improvement but it feels like a patch more than anything. Some parts make you think "wow" and other parts make you think "why the hell have you still not fixed this".

Back
Top Bottom