HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Are you looking for decent minutes or unlimited data?

ach, I have signed up for one on 3.

I dont really use the phone for talking so I got unlimited text, unlimited tinternet and 100 mins talk time for £22 a month.

Its coming friday :)

Rumours of people getting them sim free off 3 for £349 but it's rare... worth going in the shops and asking them if they will give you one though.

Ive stopped playing with mine since i hard resetted it for memory back. Waiting for the new update with apps2sd before i get stuck into it again

Or you could root it mate and install the apps2sd. The update won't be for another couple of months considering it has to be tweaked by HTC for it to function with the htc sense feature which is what ive heard anyway.

Rumours of people getting them sim free off 3 for £349 but it's rare... worth going in the shops and asking them if they will give you one though.

Ive stopped playing with mine since i hard resetted it for memory back. Waiting for the new update with apps2sd before i get stuck into it again

I bought my desire from cpw.

I called 2 three stores. both had them in at 350 one store said sim free the other store said locked. locked and the other store (accrington) shouldn't be telling me unlocked and they don't know what they're on about lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Does anybody use tethering on their phones, if so is there a free app for this? and is it anygood? I may need to do it ina couple of days.

Does anyone know why the Desire takes an eternity to shut down?

all android devices are like that. the more stuff u have installed/running the more it takes to shutdown i think

Getting well peed off with the Desire's keyboard. Can barely type a sentance without correcting every word or a . between each letter.

I've done the calibration thingy, but still no good.

Anyone suggest anything better/different keyboard wise? Is Swype any good?

People who've used Swype for a few days swear by it and can't user another keyboard. I think "Better Keyboard" is supposed to be good as well.

I love the default keyboard on the Desire. I've never had a touchscreen before and it only took me a few text messages to get to grips with. I can type pretty fast now without making a mistake.

I'be been using Dolphin Browser HD recently, it's pretty good, still undecided as to whether its better than the default one.

People who've used Swype for a few days swear by it and can't user another keyboard. I think "Better Keyboard" is supposed to be good as well.

Cheers Dags, will check those out.

Even something with a bigger space bar would be better!

===

'ShapeWriter' is absolutely awesome (and free). So clever how it works and its proved far more accurate than the normal keyboard so far - I'm sure with more practice it would be even better.

Recommended - at least to try it out and see how you get on.

Last edited:
Have been a bit scared to root my one. What are the main advantages...the only thing i can see is Apps2SD but to be honest I still have space left over after installing the apps i use anyways so I'm not sure how much of an issue that is for me

Yeah, not much difference. Wireless tether is pretty awesome if you're out and about a lot, WaveSecure is always good to have, Apps2SD etc, plus more. The device runs faster and smoother on MoDaCo, and hasn't crashed or reset itself either... yet lol!

Yeah, not much difference. Wireless tether is pretty awesome if you're out and about a lot, WaveSecure is always good to have, Apps2SD etc, plus more. The device runs faster and smoother on MoDaCo, and hasn't crashed or reset itself either... yet lol!

Faster and smoother!?!?! How much faster can it get? The only lag I've ever noticed on my phone is when i click a photo frame that takes me into the photos.

So for you, worth the flash then??

Yeah definitely worth rooting. You can choose exactly what you want on the ROM via the MoDaCo kitchen too.

Back
Top Bottom