Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

How the cock have you done that? Costco are good with returns right?

The tuning kit is definitely worthwhile by the way. It only took a couple of days to come through and it sorted my cymbals right out. Not sure if you can tune that stick though.

Tuning kit should be arriving before the end of the week, and thankfully the Red Octane warranty site is brilliant - you just ask for drum sticks and they'll send them to you.

I won't be using them though, I'll be sticking them in the box for the time when I sell them on. I'll go out and buy a decent pair of actual drum sticks, I had to borrow some from a real drummer last night and they're far better. They've got some kind of a waxy feeling to them and it seems easier to grip them properly. Probably all in the mind but what the hell, I'm not risking them snapping like a twig again...

Thanks to the superb drum kit and mechanics in GHWT (and no small part to Wii Music + Drums with the balance board), I brought my first proper drum kit yesterday!

Was only a cheap electric kit (the ION IED05 which works by plugging into your USB port - but the sound out of it is really good), but I'm well chuffed. I did want the Yamaha DTXplorer, but at around £300 on eBay, I'm going to see if I really stick to it.

Really pleased though as GHWT made me want to take up a real instrument and that feels really good.

Annnnnnnyway... excellent DLC announced today for GHWT. Not in the league (quantity wise) of RB, but good quality never-the-less...

=====

Smashing Pumpkins

* Release: December 4
* Three-song track pack:
o G.L.O.W.
o 1979
o Everlasting Gaze

Nirvana

* Release: December 11
* Three-song track pack:
o You Know You're Right
o Negative Creep
o Sliver

The Eagles

* Release: December 18
* Three-song track pack:
o Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
o One of These Nights
o Life in the Fast Lane

Reggae Track Pack (free)

* Release: December 23
* Jimi (by Slightly Stoopid)
* Your Face (Pepper)
* Sacrifice (Expendables)

=====

Superb stuff - after just getting into The Eagles, DLC is released :)) All available as singles, so I'm gonna get 1979, You Know Your Right, Sliver, One of These Nights and Life In The Fastlane.

That'll keep GHWT ticking over for the next few weeks...

Sweet Jesus! How smart is this:-

ss_preview_1.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_2.jpg.jpg

£150! made of wood, metal and rubber (keys).

Only works with GHWT and the slider bar has a 'dimple' in the middle button which is a great idea.

Wish I could lavish £150 on this :LOL:

Sweet Jesus! How smart is this:-

ss_preview_1.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_2.jpg.jpg

£150! made of wood, metal and rubber (keys).

Only works with GHWT and the slider bar has a 'dimple' in the middle button which is a great idea.

Wish I could lavish £150 on this :LOL:

Ridiculous... £150 for a piece of wood with 5 buttons.

Might aswell buy a real acoustic for less and learn how to play the guitar

Ridiculous... £150 for a piece of wood with 5 buttons.

Might aswell buy a real acoustic for less and learn how to play the guitar

Like saying "you shouldnt buy a steering wheel, you should buy a cheap can and learn how to drive".

These games are fun and escapism. I have tried for many years to play the real guitar and was never quite good enough...

Does anyone know why the Oasis and The Killers track packs have been taken off PSN?

There is absolutely no explanation on the Guitar Hero website and on the official Guitar Hero forum nobody is getting an answer out of them, pretty shocked if they're only going to keep content up for a week at a time...

You can get The Killers pack for RB though, CB?

I know, but the RB/GH Killers packs have different songs in. Plus the Oasis pack is missing as well (not that I'd buy that).

It's really annoying me now, nobody official on the forum is saying anything about it. You can get them on the US PSN, you can get them on the German PSN (most likely others as well, bizarre) but you can't get them on the UK PSN!

It can't be to do with bugs because then they wouldn't be on the US store or the other European stores, so it must be down to licensing or something. But nobody is commenting on the situation so the speculation is only going to get worse...

£49.99 for the guitar bundle at Tesco's again.

Anyone want to lend me some money? :(

Still waiting to play this properly (tested it for half hour) as it's been boxed up for Xmas for about a month now. Only just over 2 weeks to go though.
I must sort the serial number of the drums out though so I can get the tuning kit. I unboxed it all once and got the code but my bloody missus through it away!

Trust me, you'll need it. They're really bad out of the box (well mine were) but the tuning kit fixed them right up. Kept the sensitivity the same on the drums, upped it +2 on the cymbals (don't do what I did at first and up the cymbals to max, that throws everything off-balance).

Loving this game, played it for the first time :shock: last night!!

A couple of questions if I may?

When the notes all go blue what does this mean?

How do I unlock more songs, I wanted to play Shiver by Coldplay but it seems to be locked.

Cheers chaps

You have to play through the Band / Career mode and that opens new songs, or you can do this : Unlock All Quick Play Songs, in the cheats menu : Blue, Blue, Red, Green, Green, Blue, Blue, Yellow. Thats for the PS3.

The notes turn Blue when you activate Star Power, or whatever GH call it, basically t doubles the score you get for playing the notes, so if your combo meter is x4 your score multiplier is x8 at that time, miss a note and your back to x2 when they're blue.

You have to play through the Band / Career mode and that opens new songs, or you can do this : Unlock All Quick Play Songs, in the cheats menu : Blue, Blue, Red, Green, Green, Blue, Blue, Yellow. Thats for the PS3.

The notes turn Blue when you activate Star Power, or whatever GH call it, basically t doubles the score you get for playing the notes, so if your combo meter is x4 your score multiplier is x8 at that time, miss a note and your back to x2 when they're blue.

Oh cheers, I thought that was it. There is a star power button on the guitar though, do I need to press that to activate it or something?

The manual with the game is pretty useless tbh

Oh cheers, I thought that was it. There is a star power button on the guitar though, do I need to press that to activate it or something?

The manual with the game is pretty useless tbh

Either tilt the guitar up (where the hell have you been for the last 4 years!?) or press the long button near the back part of your hand (as you strum)...

Picking the guitar bundle up tonight, my mate is going halves with me. Cant wait! Holio, cheers for the link, might as well get the game and the new guitar as well tho.

Either tilt the guitar up (where the hell have you been for the last 4 years!?) or press the long button near the back part of your hand (as you strum)...

:LOL: Where the hell have I been !!!

I was not interested one bit in it mate, really don't know why. Pick up the bundle though cheaply and I am now asking myself the same question! The game is fucking awesome!

Cheers for the advice chaps!

£62 for the guitar bundle :D Got Comet to price match Currys and then a 10% discount because my sister works there of a weekend :D

Thought it was 49.99 at tesco?
Turned out Dags read that off HDUK and people were responding to it saying "it's not £49.99 here", apparently it's not true (or at least the guy who got it was extremely lucky).

Back
Top Bottom