Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Whats involved in the Tuning?

Do you hook your drum kit up to the PC and tweak the sensitivity or can you do it via the xbox?

Ted Nugent can burn in hell for creating "Strangehold", what a horrible song! :CURSE:

Not overly impressed with GHWT to be honest. It's got a few choice songs but most just aren't fun to play as a drummer, the world tour mode is naff compared to RB1's and it's just far too .... kiddy looking? Really bright, the circles just look a bit crap and ... I dunno, it just gives me a feeling of playing a game designed for a younger audience.

RB1 is definately better, by a fair margin too :(

Told you...

With the GHWT drums it's great, having an extra note to hit makes it a lot more challenging and more realistic as well, but when the tracks are soooooooooo bloooooooooody awwwwwwwwwwful, there's not much point. Unless you're a slightly older gamer and you appreciate the amount of crap classics in there. I'm not really looking forward to going back to it, and that was before I'd got hold of RB2.

Like I said, GHWT instruments are GREAT, RB2 game/soundtrack is GREAT, sod's law isn't it?

Having a great time with RB2, not bored of it yet. Mostly modern music and most of the unheard-of songs are decent. And when I lend RB1 off you (;))), combined with my current DLC, there will be 100 (RB2) + 80 (RB1) + 35 (DLC) + 15 (DLC I'm going to get when I can because it's far better than the current GHWT DLC) songs. That's 230 songs.

I thought I'd be bored of the old DLC to be honest but I'd forgotten how much I loved them, hence why I would have bought them I suppose...

Last edited:

You only transfer over 50 odd songs from Rock Band lad, there aint 80 there.

200 exactly then ;)

Sorry, got RB and GH muddled, GH has 80. No wonder though when they're crap. :LOL:

RB (with the DLC) definitely has the better soundtrack, but GHWT still has some pearlers and its getting better DLC now.

I'm loving learning the real drums now though thanks to these games. I'm getting a bit better at 'Back in Black' now and i watched a YouTube clip of the RB version (on expert) and I can now see its not particularly accurate to how the actual song is played!

Maybe I will become a drum snob! :LOL:

Ted Nugent can burn in hell for creating "Strangehold", what a horrible song! :CURSE:

Not overly impressed with GHWT to be honest. It's got a few choice songs but most just aren't fun to play as a drummer, the world tour mode is naff compared to RB1's and it's just far too .... kiddy looking? Really bright, the circles just look a bit crap and ... I dunno, it just gives me a feeling of playing a game designed for a younger audience.

RB1 is definately better, by a fair margin too :(

Take it you havent got the GHWT drumkit then? It makes the drums so much more awesome by adding in the extra pad (and the velocity sounds - i.e. a soft hit on yellow is a closed hi-hat, a hard hit is an open hi-hat).

Hold onto it Dags until you can get the GHWT kit, it makes it much more worth it.

I'm slowly stepping up to expert drums - I got 96% on Hotel California on expert the other day!

I'm slowly stepping up to expert drums - I got 96% on Hotel California on expert the other day!

FUCK!

I'm on easy/normal with the drums in this, cant believe you are that good already. I find it hard on the uptempo drumming, cant hit the pad quick enough at times.

Fucking great.

After my Rock Band not working when I tilt the guitar, I was made up to finally get the GHWT guitar and tilt it for star power.

That's lasted a day. The tilt doesn't work anymore! :CURSE:

Would a glass cabinet affect anything?

I'm just curious because I played GHWT the first night at my parents, tilt worked fine and they have a wooden cabinet. Now that I think about it, since I got back, it's not worked and I have my PS3 on a glass cabinet.

What makes me wonder about this is that I managed to get the star power to activate and it seemed to work if I kinda pointed it forwards and towards the 11am position. Got it to work a few times but not on a consistent basis and the only time it worked was that position.

So, is the glass cabinet a possible problem? Will the infrared/bluetooth whatever be bouncing off the glass and it not syncing properly?

Make sure when you switch the controller on that your guitar is horizontal or thereabouts. I'm pretty sure it calibrates when it's first powered up or when the game first accesses it.

I wouldn't expect the glass cabinet to be a factor for bluetooth signals as they don't require a line of sight like infra-red does.

Make sure when you switch the controller on that your guitar is horizontal or thereabouts. I'm pretty sure it calibrates when it's first powered up or when the game first accesses it.

I wouldn't expect the glass cabinet to be a factor for bluetooth signals as they don't require a line of sight like infra-red does.

Its not bluetooth though is it? I thought it was a radio signal to the dongle?

I had a prob - and I think JB did too, of the receiver being either obscured, or too close to another similar receiver?

Are you sure you have enough room free around the receiver?

PLENTY of free room around the receiver. It's an open glass cabinet, with the dongle hanging out the front. I'm sitting in my gaming chair about 4 foot away so nothing obstructing me either.

I'll try turning it on horizontal and see if that works, cheers Mart.

Would a glass cabinet affect anything?

I'm just curious because I played GHWT the first night at my parents, tilt worked fine and they have a wooden cabinet. Now that I think about it, since I got back, it's not worked and I have my PS3 on a glass cabinet.

What makes me wonder about this is that I managed to get the star power to activate and it seemed to work if I kinda pointed it forwards and towards the 11am position. Got it to work a few times but not on a consistent basis and the only time it worked was that position.

So, is the glass cabinet a possible problem? Will the infrared/bluetooth whatever be bouncing off the glass and it not syncing properly?

Sorry this will sound stupid but I am a GH novice. I tilt my guitar and nothing seems to happen, how do you know when star power is working?:THINK:

All of your notes will light up blue, the crowd claps along and starts singing along as well.

You can tell if you have star power by looking at the bulbs on the left side of the screen, I think there's five. As each one lights up blue, you have more star power. You can activate it by either tilting your guitar upwards or hitting the star power/select button your your guitar.

Its not bluetooth though is it? I thought it was a radio signal to the dongle?

I had a prob - and I think JB did too, of the receiver being either obscured, or too close to another similar receiver?

Are you sure you have enough room free around the receiver?
Ooops sorry, forgot the Triple version had dongles and such to contend with.

does anyone wanna borrow me the drums?
The Costco near Pride Park had them all set up if you can find someone to get you in.

Last edited by a moderator:

All of your notes will light up blue, the crowd claps along and starts singing along as well.

You can tell if you have star power by looking at the bulbs on the left side of the screen, I think there's five. As each one lights up blue, you have more star power. You can activate it by either tilting your guitar upwards or hitting the star power/select button your your guitar.

Nice one Dags!

So when the bulbs have lit up you can then activate it by tilting or pressing the button.

Yes, we know, it's the worst kept secret in rock-n-roll but we're here now to finally confirm that there will indeed be an all-Metallica Guitar Hero game released in the first half (!?) of 2009. Guitar Hero Metallica allows you to play as us in either single instrument or band career game modes in your choice of some famous settings (Tushino Airfield anyone?) or new venues with in the round staging. Included are 28 Metallica songs along with a few from some of our buddies like as Alice in Chains, the Foo Fighters, Slayer, Machine Head and Queen. There is also an all new Expert+ difficulty setting featuring two bass drum kick pedals (!!!) along with all the gameplay modes from Guitar Hero World Tour.
Over the next few months, we're going to be updating you with track listings, more features, of course how and when you can get the game, and some cool previews of the game right here on the site. As you've heard us say before, keep checking back for more details!

Double bass oh fuck, one think i dont like about this kit is the bass pedal the spring in it feels crap.

Might be worth starting a new thread for this (Unless we have one hidden away already)

The American magazine Game Informer has secured the first details on Guitar Hero: Metallica, the second in the series to feature a headline band after this year's Aerosmith game. You can find a precis at the Score Hero forum.

Once again, the track listing mixes Metallica's own work with a smattering of supporting metal acts. Foo Fighters, Queen, Slayer, Judas Priest, Mastodon and Samhain will back up a Metallica greatest-hits compilation including Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Naturally it supports the full Guitar Hero World Tour kit, with drums and vocals joining guitar and bass. You can also use Metallica- and Slayer-influenced sounds in the GHTunes recording studio.

There's a new Expert Plus drumming difficulty that supports two kick pedals, a freestyle drum fill mode, and a bunch of bonus content: trivia, photos, set lists and footage.

It's list time again! The songs confirmed so far are as follows:

* Enter Sandman - Metallica
* For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
* Fuel - Metallica
* Hit The Lights - Metallica
* King Nothing - Metallica
* Master of Puppets - Metallica
* No Leaf Clover - Metallica
* Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
* Sad But True - Metallica
* The Unforgiven - Metallica
* Where I May Roam - Metallica
* No Excuses - Alice in Chains
* Turn The Page - Bob Seger
* Hell Bent For Leather - Judas Priest
* Demon Cleaner - Kyuss
* Tuesdays Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd
* Blood and Thunder - Mastodon
* Armed and Ready - Michael Schenker Group
* Mother of Mercy - Samhain
* Black River - The Sword

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=342743

Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica

Metallica . . . Guitar Hero . . . It's Official!
12/14/2008

Yes, we know, it's the worst kept secret in rock-n-roll but we're here now to finally confirm that there will indeed be an all-Metallica Guitar Hero game released in the first half (!?) of 2009. Guitar Hero Metallica allows you to play as us in either single instrument or band career game modes in your choice of some famous settings (Tushino Airfield anyone?) or new venues with in the round staging. Included are 28 Metallica songs along with a few from some of our buddies like as Alice in Chains, the Foo Fighters, Slayer, Machine Head and Queen. There is also an all new Expert+ difficulty setting featuring two bass drum kick pedals (!!!) along with all the gameplay modes from Guitar Hero World Tour.

Over the next few months, we're going to be updating you with track listings, more features, of course how and when you can get the game, and some cool previews of the game right here on the site. As you've heard us say before, keep checking back for more details!

img015.jpg

img016.jpg

img017.jpg

img018.jpg

argh really cant be bothered with Guitar Hero/Rockband, but Metallica!!!!

what am I going to do

No sale for me. The Metallica songs on RB are WAY too hard and just not fun to play at all.

Add the fact that it's a GH game and not RB and it becomes less attractive again.

No sale for me. The Metallica songs on RB are WAY too hard and just not fun to play at all.

Add the fact that it's a GH game and not RB and it becomes less attractive again.

Thats what I've been thinking Dags. I love Metallica and have done since the early days, so on one hand, this really excites me.

On the other, the early songs are going to be mental to play and probably no fun at all - anything off of St Anger is going to suck too.

Probably pick it up solus though - the graphics look great of all the band!

Back
Top Bottom