Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Wouldnt say 'its shit' (thought that seems to be the only way you describe anything).

Its a little clumsy to use and needs some knowledge of music theory, but once you get used to the button layout and learn a bit of how a song works, it becomes pretty powerful - as is evident if you search for YouTube vids of efforts like "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

I'm currently still working on Nothing Else Matters and its not coming out too bad.

So dont just say 'its shit'!

Maybe you should try Wii Music? Could be more your style? :LOL:

GHTunes is pretty shit though everything sound too electronic, not real.

I agree with Jay there, only looked at it for a bit tonight, but it's pretty crap. I don't wanna be playing made up songs.

The actual game is not bad, glad I got it, (and will be even more glad when the guitar sells and I only paid £10 for it :))).

Downloaded Another Way To Die earlier and played that, it's pretty cool :COOL:.

You seriously think you'll get £40 for the guitar when the Argos deal is all over the internet?

Right, I have NEVER played a GH game before.....but have always been tempted. Is this the right time to go for it? How does it work online?

I am worried I will get bored of it quickly tbh...having said that I have reserved a copy at Argos, gives me until tomorrow night to decide whether to get it or not.

You can never get bored of a GH! Always an extra level to go too and then get the best score (or 100%), DLC so you can add to the songs (though there are 80+ on disc) and the online is really good, especially now you can be a part of an online band, rather than just 1 v 1.

Other online modes are 1 v 1 where you either play the whole song, or alternate parts for the highest score, 2 v 2 band, 4 v 4 band and also, you can link your account to the GH website and take part in competitions.

Now you also have the GHStudio where you can play around creating your own songs which is really cool.

Go for it, you wont believe how you missed out on it when you first play it. The first day with GH (on PS2) was one of the best in my gaming life.

80+ songs on GHWT?

The £50 deal for GHWT and the guitar is WELL worth going for, Clockender.

If I had the money I'd pick up this GHWT deal right now and sell the guitar off as well. If it doesn't sell right now with the deal being out there it should eventually sell on ebay or i could even try and trade it at gamestation.

The only thing keeping me away from this is the soundtrack is kinda poo

You seriously think you'll get £40 for the guitar when the Argos deal is all over the internet?

I do mate, the Argos offer ends today. Plus checking eBay, some people are selling just the guitar for £60!!!

80+ songs on GHWT?

The £50 deal for GHWT and the guitar is WELL worth going for, Clockender.

Yea, doesnt seem like it (and I havent counted!) but I'm sure the track list is around 85 (though probably with the Neversoft created tracks too)...

If I had the money I'd pick up this GHWT deal right now and sell the guitar off as well. If it doesn't sell right now with the deal being out there it should eventually sell on ebay or i could even try and trade it at gamestation.

The only thing keeping me away from this is the soundtrack is kinda poo

The soundtrack isnt great TBF and doesnt stand up to RB1/RB2+DLC. Still fun enough and hopefully GHWT will see better DLC soon.

Don't suppose anyone's found an offer on the game with all instruments? It's £150 everywhere I look, if I could just get that knocked down a bit I'd get it...

The wife has said she will get me it for Christmas and will pick it up later today. Will obviously have to test it later....:SMUG:

Not too worried I will have to wait to play it properly, I've waited this long as it is!

Don't suppose anyone's found an offer on the game with all instruments? It's £150 everywhere I look, if I could just get that knocked down a bit I'd get it...
Nope, I got it for £135 but only through a wholesaler so I think that means there's hardly any margin in it for the retailers. If you know anyone who's a member at Costco or similar that would be the only way to save anything on it at the mo.

I do, woohoo! Guess it's time to visit good old Auntie Beryl.

1xz47q.jpg

(That's my Uncle Ian answering the door after he hasn't seen me for 15 years, if it wasn't obvious)

Bought this at Costco today, all instruments (I put "all weapons" then :LOL:) for £135, thanks to Mart's suggestion.

I'm 50/50 on it, I think the Rock Band game itself is just a tad better. This is a lot harder to the point where you have to be so accurate with your bashing/strumming it's ridiculous, you have to be millisecond accurate and it spoils it a bit.

When it comes to the three instruments though... The drums are really winding me up, to the point where it's not fun to play the game. I opened up the music creator to test each pad and they all work great, apart from both cymbals which do work but you have to absolutely WHACK them, in the EXACT centre (which is awkward), otherwise they don't register the hit 1-2 times out of 10. On Rock Band, drumming on expert (for the first half of the songs), I could get 95%. On this, between the millisecond accuracy you need to have and the cymbals missing my press every now and then, the best I've had is 65%. So frustrating.

I mean, a cymbal makes a noise if you so much as breathe on it (at any point, more so the outside than the centre), so it's ridiculous that you hit these reasonably hard on the edge and it doesn't register anything.

Saying that, they're a lot more comfortable to use, the pedal can go anywhere and doesn't move off while you're pushing it, and if the cymbals just did what they were supposed to do I'd love them to bits. So I'm hoping if I get this sensitivity kit thing sent out it'll fix them, but I doubt it, I think it's a hardware thing where it's just not picking anything up if you don't thrash the cymbals. But we'll see.

I have to say though I do really like the guitar. I prefer the buttons on the Rock Band guitar, and the touch-sensitive neck I haven't really fiddled with yet, but THE STRUM-BAR CLACKS! God I missed that. I can understand why people like Tim hate all the clacking it makes, it is offputting if you're listening to it, but for me it's how it should be. With the RB guitar sometimes you miss a note and you feel like it could be because of the sponginess of the strum-bar.

Both games need some decent music though, all the songs I've played so far have been dire. They're not stupid are they, £40 for the disc, rubbish songs all-round, immediately there's decent DLC available for £3.50 a pack...

EDIT: Oh, and the music creation thing - it's the kind of thing I could play with for hours and happily make my own stuff, it is impressive, but at the same time when it comes to downloading other people's stuff I'm not interested. When you're fiddling around yourself it sounds alright but when you listen to the songs other people have put togther you realise that it actually sounds a bit rubbish.

Last edited:

Have you tried the GHWT instruments / weapons on Rock Band yet? Just wondering if the drums work fine with it.

Bought this at Costco today, all instruments (I put "all weapons" then :LOL:) for £135, thanks to Mart's suggestion.

I'm 50/50 on it, I think the Rock Band game itself is just a tad better. This is a lot harder to the point where you have to be so accurate with your bashing/strumming it's ridiculous, you have to be millisecond accurate and it spoils it a bit.

When it comes to the three instruments though... The drums are really winding me up, to the point where it's not fun to play the game. I opened up the music creator to test each pad and they all work great, apart from both cymbals which do work but you have to absolutely WHACK them, in the EXACT centre (which is awkward), otherwise they don't register the hit 1-2 times out of 10. On Rock Band, drumming on expert (for the first half of the songs), I could get 95%. On this, between the millisecond accuracy you need to have and the cymbals missing my press every now and then, the best I've had is 65%. So frustrating.

I mean, a cymbal makes a noise if you so much as breathe on it (at any point, more so the outside than the centre), so it's ridiculous that you hit these reasonably hard on the edge and it doesn't register anything.

Saying that, they're a lot more comfortable to use, the pedal can go anywhere and doesn't move off while you're pushing it, and if the cymbals just did what they were supposed to do I'd love them to bits. So I'm hoping if I get this sensitivity kit thing sent out it'll fix them, but I doubt it, I think it's a hardware thing where it's just not picking anything up if you don't thrash the cymbals. But we'll see.

I have to say though I do really like the guitar. I prefer the buttons on the Rock Band guitar, and the touch-sensitive neck I haven't really fiddled with yet, but THE STRUM-BAR CLACKS! God I missed that. I can understand why people like Tim hate all the clacking it makes, it is offputting if you're listening to it, but for me it's how it should be. With the RB guitar sometimes you miss a note and you feel like it could be because of the sponginess of the strum-bar.

Both games need some decent music though, all the songs I've played so far have been dire. They're not stupid are they, £40 for the disc, rubbish songs all-round, immediately there's decent DLC available for £3.50 a pack...

EDIT: Oh, and the music creation thing - it's the kind of thing I could play with for hours and happily make my own stuff, it is impressive, but at the same time when it comes to downloading other people's stuff I'm not interested. When you're fiddling around yourself it sounds alright but when you listen to the songs other people have put togther you realise that it actually sounds a bit rubbish.

Good stuff CB, glad you took the plunge as GHWT demands to be played. I tend to agree that its not quite as good as RB, but for me, thats more to do with the track list than anything else. RB still has a massive edge on quality DLC and if GH can start to come in line with that, then I'd put both games on a close footing.

No problems with my drums (well, the red pad sometimes doesnt register, but it doesnt bother me). I wouldnt write off the Midi-tuning kit Chris, many people have tuned their drums with a massive success, so DO order the lead.

The studio is good fun like you say - if you need any help with anything then give me a shout. I'm by no means an expert, but I was stuck for ages and ended up emailing a FAQ maker in America and he was really helpful and gave me loads of hints that just aren't in any instructions etc.

Any chance of a Evo-Web band forming for this one? :LOL:

Have you tried the GHWT instruments / weapons on Rock Band yet? Just wondering if the drums work fine with it.

All instruments work, except drums (PS3 this is) - apparantly patch is being worked on asap as Sony demanded all games worked with all instruments.

However, I feel that the game is a bit slower than GH3 on expert.
I'm only at the beginning but I get 95% when I couldn't finish tracks on GH3. And I havent play a "guitar game" in 6 months...

Also...

I LOVE THE GUITAR !!! For me it's perfect.

I will freely admit I'm rubbish, but man alive, I am really glad it doesnt save your singing!

Was just playing the drums on this and when I went to hit one of the cymbals, the drum stick snapped right in half!

I wasn't even hitting the things that hard, what the hell?! They're solid wood!! How the fuck do you hit a plastic disc with a wooden stick and snap the wooden stick in half?!

The build quality of stuff now is shocking, I can't believe I have to get a MIDI kit to tune the cymbals so that they actually register my hits more than half the time - what about the people who don't have PCs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom