Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

In what way is the drum dodgy? Thinking of getting this, but things like this put me off. Already had to repair my GH3 guitar after 3 months.

It misses more notes that it hits, maybe my none wanking hand is to weak. I had the same problem with two RB drum kits.

Another thing i noticed is when you get a long note you can hit the touch sensitive neck instead and slide you finger up and down for a Wah Wah effect.

OMG!! What a game...

Everything I had hoped for and more. Fun, great to play, great sound track and the new guitar features are superb - used to good effect so far in the 'Joker' with lots of slidey parts.

Some nice things I've noticed so far:

1) Leaderboards are instant which I love. Just click a button after the song finishes and you are straight into the online leaderboards. Hate that in RB where everything is so slow and you cannot see the boards easily.

2) The after song stats are good, breaking down the song into sections (and some funny bits too - like in the Band on the Run breakdown, it has sections like "Wings Freakout" )

3) Must say again, the gutar. Spot on - heavy, large, solid buttons and clicker. Feels like its built to last and the new star power button is cool.

Loving it so far...

Big question - is it better than Rock Band? I'd say (so far), its AT LEAST as good as!

Are the tracks overcharted as usual so they'll suddenly go from the left to the far right for no reason?

That's my biggest problem with GH - they seem to make songs hard just so they can provide bragging rights for the elite

Are the tracks overcharted as usual so they'll suddenly go from the left to the far right for no reason?

That's my biggest problem with GH - they seem to make songs hard just so they can provide bragging rights for the elite

I guess there is still an element of that, but its never really bothered me. Infact, when I switched from RB to GH3 a few weeks back, I was amazed how much more fun GH3 was - and its the same with GHWT - more fun that RB. Whether its charted more accurately is another thing.

Just tried the drums out - they are awesome. Absolutely huge compared to the RB kit and the pedal, even though not attached, is so much more comfortable to play. Its at a lower angle and easier to push down - I played 4 songs and my ankle doesnt ache at all.

Hitting the 2 cymbals for star power is awkward, but the drum fills work so much better than RB - and you get scored for them, so the incentive is there to do a good job.

I will be honest, I was fearing the worst that GHWT would be a poor mans Rock Band, but thats not the case. It can stand aloft in the genre!

Anyone wants to tune there kit can get a free usb midi cable off there support site and you can download the program off them as well. I'm gonna try that before i send it back.

Same here just filled in to get free cable to tune these . love them but yellow cymbal giving me some jib
hope this works

My Rock Band microphone isnt recognized by GHWT.. any ideas why? I've heard it's compatible

That reminds me, what do you guys with the GHWT think about playing Rock Band 2 with it? I can't imagine how drumming works when RB uses four drums in a line and the GH kit only has three and the cymbals, I bet there's some awkward bits when the RB people obviously haven't coded each song with that in consideration.

Activision will add three more songs by The Killers to Guitar Hero World Tour on 25th November.

Among them will be two tracks from the brand new album Day & Age, which happens to launch on that very same day. These songs are "Human" and "Losing Touch", and will be complimented by old favourite "Mr Brightside" from debut album Hot Fuss.

All three together will cost 440 Microsoft Points (GBP 3.74 / EUR 5.28) on Xbox 360, or GBP 3.99 on PlayStation 3.

The songs can also be picked out individually for 160 MS Points (GBP 1.36 / EUR 1.92), GBP 1.49 on PS3, or 200 Wii Points (approx GBP 1.40 / EUR 2).

Guitar Hero World Tour launched across Europe last week, but full instrument bundles were only released today.

£1.49 a track isn't too bad. Still more than the rockband though (if you buy from the USA store)

Working on my first studio song - "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. Going ok so far now I am getting used to the studio layout.

Think this mode is going to turn up some really good stuff. Of course its limited (compared to something like GarageBand), but for a console game, its surprisingly depthy (is that a word?!)

Found a good guide on GameFaqs yesterday that shows the notes in relation to their tabs, so thats gonna help no end. Very exciting for someone that loves music to be able to work at this level and create some songs without having any actual theory knowledge!

Damn you PBoreham, got that song stuck in my head now :(

Damn you PBoreham, got that song stuck in my head now :(

Ha! Its a cracker. Thought I'd give that one a go first as its got an easy intro and thought it would be easy to create. 3 hours later, I have the very first part of the intro done albeit at the wrong speed!

Now I am more familiar with the tools and also have the tab->note chart, should be easier to crack on.

I'm already thinking of other songs to create... "Wild Wood" by Paul Weller is one I will try next, or the theme music to the TV Show Californication...

So guys basically I need to decide, Should I buy this or not?

If I do I think I HAVE to buy it as a set, because in Thailand they don't seem to sell the game individually. These are the prices:

GAME + GUITAR = £74
GAME + BAND KIT = £189

Is it worth it? and would you guys say the game is good enough to buy?

Personally I would never buy a game with just a guitar again, after playing on the drums I find them 1000% more fun. The guitar bores me to death now!

I wish you could just buy the game and the drums, I have to find £150 to get this soon or the missus will kill me (there's some Killers songs coming out for it and she loves her Killers)...

Personally I would never buy a game with just a guitar again, after playing on the drums I find them 1000% more fun. The guitar bores me to death now!

I wish you could just buy the game and the drums, I have to find £150 to get this soon or the missus will kill me (there's some Killers songs coming out for it and she loves her Killers)...

I agree, the guitar seems a bit boring compared to drums since I played Rock Band.

This game's songs kill RB1 and 2 imo. The guitar is actually challenging, as are the other instruments (even bass). We have the GH4 guitar + Rockband instruments and it works fine.

What level do you play Guitar on? Expert is more fun as its pretty much note for note (albeit of course a lot harder). I'm not boasting as I can get nowhere near 100% on expert (or hard!) guitar, but it IS more fun trying.

Drums are good though I will agree - maybe wait for 'Rock Revolution'. Its built just for drums (though the guitar peripheral from RB/GH will work) and comes with only a drum peripheral.

It has the Killers on (Mr Brightside I think), although all the songs are covers. Anyone that has played GuitarFreaks (like me) wont worry about that though...

I'm thinking of importing the solus version for about £20 from videogamesplus.ca.....

I play everything on expert pboreham, whether I'm crap or not I feel like a cheat otherwise.

All the songs are covers?! I didn't know that, that's hugely offputting!

I think its mainly done to enhance the quality of each instrument.... if they record each instrument in studio, a mistake you make will actually be noticeable.

The master tracks of the original songs have each individual instrument recorded, that's how it is in Rock Band isn't it? The only ones that are covers in Rock Band are the ones where the record companies have lost the original masters.

I'm not sure if I'm interested now that I know they're all covers, when you play Rock Band and one of the covers comes up your heart sinks. It's never the same.

Yea, a 'Master' is basically an original source recording of each track, so the developers can break the sounds down.

The covers in RR sound a bit ropey TBF, but I dont think it will mater to me - the original GH was all covers and that was the game we all fell in love with! :LOL:

How far we've come...

This game's songs kill RB1 and 2 imo. The guitar is actually challenging, as are the other instruments (even bass). We have the GH4 guitar + Rockband instruments and it works fine.

Personal taste, but have to disagree. Partly due to the massive amount of DLC for RB, but generally their tracks are better IMO.

I even think GH3 is better track wise than WT. Stand outs on WT for me are:

Band on the Run
Hotel California
Purple Haze
About a Girl
No Rain

Sure some others are really good, but these are the ones I most enjoy - compared to RB where I could probably name 3-4 times as many.

I still think the best songs I've played in these type of games are "Alive" and "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam...

I've only just realised that you meant Rock Revolution is all covers, I thought you were talking about GHWT! Thank God for that, although at the same time "oh no where am I going to find £150?"...

According to that chart GHWT drums aren't compatible with Rock Band 2? I thought that was the whole bloody point of selling my original Rock Band, because it was confirmed that all GHWT and RB2 equipment was interchangeable?

What a fucking rigmarole this is.

Back
Top Bottom