Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Yeah I saw that coming, one of the reasons im not excited about GH4. Scorehero will be the place for the midi files if we can share them around as well - Though it'll only be shareable on the PS3 unless they lock the save files to the consoles to stop that.

From IGN : And, of course, the Metallica Death Magnetic Album which is already available for Guitar Hero III will be up for Guitar Hero World Tour download. If you purchased it for Guitar Hero III, that download will seamlessly integrate into World Tour.

Full band pack delayed - 1 week at the moment :(

14th November.

Solus and Guitar come out 7th still.

Thank God I haven't ordered either game/instrument pack yet, I could see this coming.

tried this with my old gh 3 guitar, pisses all over rock band. awesome piece of software. my favorite out of all those "big games" of the past weeks (midnight club, far cry, fifa, pes etc.)

such a simple concept and yet the most fun. :)

9/10 from Eurogamer.

7.9 from IGN.

Sounds like its not all it cracked up to be - especially the music editor. Says songs DO come out sounding little better than midi files and the whole thing sounds a UI-mess - doubt I'll be touching that part.

The rest of it sounds ok, but 'not as good as Rock Band 1'.

Dont like the fact you cannot 'save' the band - once one member fails, the band fails, which sucks.

Touch sensitive guitar doesnt work that well and the drums are flakey.

Ah well...

7.9 from IGN.

Sounds like its not all it cracked up to be - especially the music editor. Says songs DO come out sounding little better than midi files and the whole thing sounds a UI-mess - doubt I'll be touching that part.

The rest of it sounds ok, but 'not as good as Rock Band 1'.

Dont like the fact you cannot 'save' the band - once one member fails, the band fails, which sucks.

Touch sensitive guitar doesnt work that well and the drums are flakey.

Ah well...

"great soundtrack but mediocre graphics"

wtf did they except? what is a MUSIC game all about? this game is genius, and it's the absolute best so far in this genre.

Guitar Hero: Metallica

The next single-band version of Guitar Hero has been confirmed as Guitar Hero: Metallica, and given a 2009 release date.

Confirmation comes via a short teaser trailer that's an unlockable Easter egg in the latest release in the series, Guitar Hero World Tour.

The teaser first appeared on YouTube last week, and Gamespot has now confirmed its authenticity and uploaded it for you to view.

"Unleash your metal god," proclaims the trailer to the tune of Master of Puppets, before reading "Ride the lightning - 2009" amid many thunderclaps, lightning-flashes and indiscriminate crashing sounds.

Guitar Hero: Metallica will follow this year's Guitar Hero: Aerosmith as the second edition of the game dedicated to the work of a single artist. It originally surfaced in Activision's financial paperwork back in June.

Activision has not confirmed whether Guitar Hero: Metallica will follow the same format as the Aerosmith game, now what platforms it will appear on, not whether it will support the full range of instruments added by Guitar Hero World Tour.

YouTube - Official Guitar Hero: Metallica Trailer

Activision has described sensitivity issues affecting Guitar Hero World Tour drum-sets in the US as "an isolated manufacturing issue" and said it would "immediately address any hardware issues" via its US support channels.

However, the publisher clearly believes it can solve at least some of the problems in software, having added that it will "soon be offering a drum tuning kit that will enable players to fully optimise their drums".

"We have learned that certain drum kit controllers manufactured for Guitar Hero World Tour have sensitivity issues. We believe that these controllers are limited to ones in the earlier manufacturing stages," the publisher said in a statement published on the support pages of peripheral manufacturer RedOctane (thanks Kotaku).

"While we believe that this was an isolated manufacturing issue, we are stepping our efforts to randomly test our drum kit controllers so customers can be assured they work properly.

"In the event any consumers do experience problems with their drum kit controllers associated with sensitivity issues, Activision will soon be offering a drum tuning kit that will enable players to fully optimise their drums."

Following the game's US release this week, forum-going fans complained that one or more drums on the five-pad set were only registering soft hits whenever they tried for hard ones, despite the kit's velocity-sensitive make-up.

Others reported that the drums were not working with Rock Band 2 on PS3, despite promises of cross-compatibility. We've contacted Sony, EA/Harmonix and Activision for comment on that one, but so far there has been no response.

We've not heard back from Activision about whether the drum problems will be a problem for European consumers when the game comes out in November, but then Activision hasn't officially confirmed specific release dates for the game in Europe either.

We have at least been able to get hold of review copies, as you may have noticed from our Guitar Hero World Tour review. With EA/Harmonix's Rock Band 2 still unavailable in Europe and no word yet on a launch date, GHWT remains the best option for prospective videogame bands.

Activision has announced that The Raconteurs and Jimi Hendrix will make up two of the first infusions of downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour next month.

Hendrix leads the way on 13th November in a three-track song pack consisting of "If 6 was 9", "Little Wing" and a live version of "Fire". That's going on sale for 440 Microsoft Points (GBP 3.74 / EUR 5.28) or USD 5.49 on PSN.

The Raconteurs' three songs - "Salute Your Solution", "Hold Up" and "Consolers of the Lonely" - will also be available in a three-song bundle for that price, starting on 20th November, but they will also be made available individually too.

On their own, the songs cost 160 MSP (GBP 1.36 / EUR 1.92), or USD 1.99 on PSN, and Activision has said they will be available on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for Wii owners, too, for 200 Wii Points (GBP 1.50 / EUR 2.00 approx).

Activision has yet to announce to a European release date for Guitar Hero World Tour, even though it came out in the US this week and we've reviewed it.

It's thought that the publisher wants to make absolutely sure it can hit its European dates before announcing, but project director Brian Bright told Joystiq at the game's US launch party, "in Europe I think it's a week [away]". Our money, as previously stated, is on 7th November.

On the topic at hand though, the publisher has already released a few songs for early adopters, and has an exclusive REM Track Pack lined up too.

"No Rain" by Blind Melon was released yesterday on the US Store. Hope we get that as thats a cracking tune...

Where from?

From Game, just checked, it says it has been dispatched, so will have to keep a look out for the postie the next couple of days! Madness if it arrives tomorrow, soooooooooooo many games just came out too.

EDIT : I got an email from Game a few days ago saying they would be charging your card early due to the size of the thing, so the Game site says it has actually been dispatched though the tracking number doesnt work for Parcelforce yet, I suspect it may be sitting in a Parcelforce depot awaiting 'release' :(

Last edited:

Yea - just got the same mail too!!!

Its coming by Spec Del - so you have to assume thats going to be tomorrow.

Thought it was out the 14th? How odd... I cannot see Royal Mail holding onto a large stock of GH4 boxes for 11 days?

Be superb if it came tomorrow!

I doubt it'll come this week, I suspect its an email you get once they snatch the money out of your account, it's moved release date from the 7th to the 14th and back again so many times I dont even know what the real date is meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom