Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Nice to hear that the songs will be free, although the songs the developers created did sound a bit shit and very basic. Hope the songs can be fleshed out a bit more, really did sound like it was computer-generated music and not like a real guitar (which is what I hoped).

Your not asking for much are ya

Your not asking for much are ya

I'm pretty sure, given time, we will start to see "proper" songs which sound authentic. But the ones on the video really did sound like they were whipped together.

But when people have gotten used to the sounds, and filled the tracks up a bit and tweaked things, I reckon we will hear some cracking songs. I'm interested in the hip-hop beats that I seen as an option, there is a lot of potential with the tool. I just hope it's really as powerful as they say it is (and I'm confident it will be).

I want it so you have your very own working drum set

meaning you can go into practice or whatever and play the drums whenever you like with or without music. I dunno why they aint put it in RB but they should have

I want it so you have your very own working drum set

meaning you can go into practice or whatever and play the drums whenever you like with or without music. I dunno why they aint put it in RB but they should have

Yea spot on - sure they said you can plug the drumkit into a PC and use it as an electric drum kit.

Or am I thinking of the ION kit for RB?

about that 17 minute video, i set out to watch it and ended up getting stung by a bee on the lip ¬¬ so happy days

to me, its a pretty mixed list, good idea but to be honest, i don't see why the enemy are on there ¬¬

That's not actually the real tracklist Radiation

This is

Originally Posted by GH4
* 311 - “Beautiful Disaster”
* 30 Seconds To Mars - “The Kill”
* Airbourne - “Too Much Too Young”
* The Allman Brothers Band - “Ramblin' Man”
* Anouk - “Good God”
* The Answer - “Never Too Late”
* At The Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”
* Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
* Beatsteaks - “Hail to the Freaks”
* Billy Idol - “Rebel Yell”
* Black Label Society - “Stillborn”
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - “Weapon of Choice”
* blink-182 - “Dammit”
* Blondie - “One Way or Another”
* Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”
* Bon Jovi - “Livin’ On A Prayer”
* Bullet For My Valentine - “Scream Aim Fire”
* Coldplay - “Shiver”
* Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”
* The Cult - “Love Removal Machine”
* Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain”
* The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”
* Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
* The Eagles - “Hotel California”
* The Enemy - “Aggro”
* Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
* Fleetwood Mac - “Go Your Own Way”
* Foo Fighters - “Everlong”
* The Guess Who - “American Woman”
* Hush Puppies - “You're Gonna Say Yeah!”
* Interpol - “Obstacle 1”
* Jane's Addiction - “Mountain Song”
* Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”
* Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”
* Jimmy Eat World - “The Middle”
* Joe Satriani - “Satch Boogie”
* Kent - “Vinternoll2”
* Korn - “Freak On A Leash”
* Lacuna Coil - “Our Truth”
* Lenny Kravitz - “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
* Linkin Park - “What I've Done”
* The Living End - “Prisoner of Society”
* Los Lobos - “La Bamba”
* Lost Prophets - “Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)”
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”
* Mars Volta - “L'Via L'Viaquez”
* MC5’s Wayne Kramer - “Kick Out The Jams”
* Metallica - “Trapped Under Ice”
* Michael Jackson - “Beat It”
* Modest Mouse - “Float On”
* Motörhead - “Overkill”
* Muse - “Assassin”
* Negramaro - “Nuvole e Lenzuola”
* Nirvana - “About a Girl (Unplugged)”
* No Doubt - “Spiderwebs”
* NOFX - “Soul Doubt”
* Oasis - “Some Might Say”
* Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”
* Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr. Crowley”
* Paramore - “Misery Business”
* Pat Benatar - “Heartbreaker”
* R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
* Radio Futura - “Escuela De Calor”
* Rise Against - “Re-Education Through Labor”
* Sex Pistols - “Pretty Vacant”
* Silversun Pickups - “Lazy Eye”
* Smashing Pumpkins - “Today”
* Steely Dan - “Do It Again”
* Steve Miller Band - “The Joker”
* Sting - “Demolition Man (Live)”
* The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”
* Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy”
* Sublime - “Santeria”
* Survivor - “Eye of the Tiger”
* System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”
* Ted Nugent - “Stranglehold”
* Ted Nugent’s Original Guitar Duel Recording
* Tokio Hotel - “Monsoon”
* Tool - “Parabola”
* Tool - “Schism”
* Tool - “Vicarious”
* Trust - “Antisocial”
* Van Halen - “Hot For Teacher”
* Willie Nelson - “On The Road Again”
* Wings - “Band on the Run”
* Zakk Wylde’s Original Guitar Duel Recording

As posted by pboreham on page 3

P.S. Rumour has it that the song creator will be limited to 3 minutes/1200 notes

still, the enemy is on the list, i swear, if no arctic monkey song as a dlc, i might aswell just change my name and become a full time gypsy. its that bad to me

That's not actually the real tracklist Radiation

This is

As posted by pboreham on page 3

P.S. Rumour has it that the song creator will be limited to 3 minutes/1200 notes

Yea was gonna say - half those songs arent in the 'official' list - "Hundred Mile High City" SHOULD be in one of these games though!

Ah shit - I hate fucking youtube at times for things like that.

Does anyone have the actual stuff then on a youtube clip like the rockband videos?

I thought it was Today by the Smashing Pumpkins in the game? or have they changed it to Bullet?, They should of gone with Bodies of Mellon Collie anyway but still a great song.

Activision giving free guitar with UK pre-orders of Guitar Hero: World Tour bundle
gam_ghwtguitar_490.jpg

We imagine that Activision Blizzard has more green cash money than a number of medium-sized countries thanks to their ownership of some ridiculously profitable franchises. While the skeptical industry analyst might expect them to sit on their surplus, or perhaps swim through it Scrooge McDuck style, a recent announcement from Activision revealed that they're using said wealth to provide faux-rockers with a pretty terrific pre-order bonus for Guitar Hero: World Tour -- an extra guitar peripheral.

As far as we can tell, the offer is only extended to those living (and purchasing rhythm games) in the UK, and is limited to pre-orders of the GH:WT bundle (currently retailing for £150 in most online stores). While it's scientific fact that the modern gaming enthusiast already owns approximately seven guitar peripherals, newcomers to the rockstar simulation genre will now be able to play with a full band without incurring any pesky fees for an extra axe. Would-be bassists, rejoice!

Re: Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360, PS3

Arse... didnt realise the DLC wasnt forward compatible with GH4, that stinks a bit :(

Ah well, I'll still probably be able to sell the guitar for a decentish price and keep the disc and use the GH4 guitars.

Gh3 is worth is for ONE alone. I love that track even if it is too hard on expert for me.

Gh3 is worth is for ONE alone. I love that track even if it is too hard on expert for me.

Just downloaded the Aerosmith Demo which is cool as it gives you 5 more songs to play :) Including one of my all-time faves, Always On The Run by Lenny Krabsticks & Slash!

I downloaded that after hearing that the RB guitar works with it and does it fuck. The far left and far right notes work but that's it.

Death Magnetic is a tonne of fun on this! Even getting me to really like the album.

Cyanide and Day That Never Comes are more fun that most songs on RockBand!!!

When it comes to breaking down the feature sets of Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour, Activision's title has long had an extra tick in the "for" column: its song creation utility. And not because you honestly think you can recreate your favourite songs in the included editor, but because, with the game allowing the online sharing of created songs, you're relying on someone more talented to do it for you. Well, turns out you won't be doing anything of the sort. Activision have told 1UP "If there's a licensed song and someone holds the copyright to it, we'll take it down regardless of whether or not someone complains". So if you want that note-perfect cover of Honey Bucket, you're going to have to roll your sleeves up and do it yourself.

Yea, they said that on the 17 minute video posted above. They were very coy about licensed songs and now just confirms it.

Maybe they'll be other ways to share - perhaps the file will be exportable (as a midi?) and you could share via the web outside of Gh4.

Back
Top Bottom