Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Still not being tracked on Royal Mail - so I suspect all they have done is printed the labels and got it ready to dispatch for next week.

Wish they would make it clear as it shows 'Dispatched' on the site...

Hmmmm... this is interesting (re the Game 'Dispatch' email).

I was just coming in to say that I've re-read the email from Game and it says "the tracking number below will become active once the item leaves our distribution centre".

So I then thought that the emails went out automatically after the labels were allocated to the goods.

I've just checked Royal Mail again though and my item is now being tracked! No news on where it is at the moment, but it is on a Parcel Force 24 hour service now (which it didnt show before) - so it must have now arrived with Parcel Force.

Does this mean we will be getting it tomorrow now?! Or can the Parcel Force hub hold onto it for a week before sending out??

Check your status' people and see what yours says...

I emailed 'Game' to ask about the dispatch and they replied this morning.

The games are being picked and packaged ready for dispatch due to the size and demand of them - but they are NOT being sent out yet. They will be sent out 'in time for release' - so I assume next Wednesday/Thursday.

Arse.

Thinking of getting this but can anybody answer this?...

My boy loves singing along to everything and this game is all about hitting the notes. If you don't you fail.
I don't particularly want this to happen to him as he will get fed up / upset.

So... Can you sing along to the whole song in a practice mode so you don't fail?

We want to get him something like this for Christmas. Other options are Singstar or this music thing my Mrs seen in a catalogue.
Preferrably I want GHWT as my older boy and me can also play it then.

Thinking of getting this but can anybody answer this?...

My boy loves singing along to everything and this game is all about hitting the notes. If you don't you fail.
I don't particularly want this to happen to him as he will get fed up / upset.

So... Can you sing along to the whole song in a practice mode so you don't fail?

We want to get him something like this for Christmas. Other options are Singstar or this music thing my Mrs seen in a catalogue.
Preferrably I want GHWT as my older boy and me can also play it then.

Get RB2 then as it has a 'no-fail' mode, which (as the name suggests!) means you cannot lose, no matter how bad you sing (or play the instruments) and is a great idea, especially when playing with 'newbies' or the youngsters.

So it's definately not in GHWT? I want GH as I've heard the drum kits are better (plus I like the look of the cymbols on a different level - makes it a bit more realistic).

Thanks for reply though.

Saying that, I suppose I could get the GH kit on it's own and then RB game (if the no fail isn't in GH).

Last edited:

So it's definately not in GHWT? I want GH as I've heard the drum kits are better (plus I like the look of the cymbols on a different level - makes it a bit more realistic).

Thanks for reply though.

Saying that, I suppose I could get the GH kit on it's own and then RB game (if the no fail isn't in GH).

Yea, no 'no fail' in GHWT.

I think most people are getting GHWT and RB2 solus (and then you can rent RB1 and pay £5 to transfer all the tracks from that to RB2 - and get double no-fail mode!).

GHWT kit/game is out next Friday. Not sure about RB2 in the UK, but most of us have imported it cheaply (mine was about £30) and it all works fine with the UK kit.

Yea, no 'no fail' in GHWT.

I think most people are getting GHWT and RB2 solus (and then you can rent RB1 and pay £5 to transfer all the tracks from that to RB2 - and get double no-fail mode!).

GHWT kit/game is out next Friday. Not sure about RB2 in the UK, but most of us have imported it cheaply (mine was about £30) and it all works fine with the UK kit.

Cheers Buddy.
Just read up about the no fail via google. Should have done that in the first place.

People who have ordered with Game - check your tracking :))

"Sorted at National Hub" - got to hope its out for delivery tomorrow!!?

DELIVERY UPDATE!

Just spoke to Royal Mail at Ipswich, and once he saw who it was coming from (Game), he said "is that Guitar Hero World Tour? If so, we are under instructions not to deliver that until Friday I'm afraid".

He said all Royal Mail depots got emails saying not to send it out - and anyone who has the tracking status of 'Out For Delivery' is probably a mistake and they have been scanned incorrectly - but he doubts that any depot would actually have this out for delivery before Friday.

If anyone does get it, then please let us know!

Everyone else.... looking like Friday guys :((

I thought it was illegal for Royal Mail to hold onto parcels and letters?

I thought it was illegal for Royal Mail to hold onto parcels and letters?

Dunno... must be ok if they are under written instruction, but like my tracking says "due for delivery 4th November 08" - so can I claim for the failure to deliver on time?!

Some people on AVF saying theirs is 'definitely' out for delivery today :(

Got it today guess what, yes a dodgy red drum. I have been on the support forum and they send a Midi lead so you can tune with your kit on the PC but the UK site dont? I'm not send ing it back i cant be arsed.

Drumming is a lot harder but it's really good and the guitar is brill.

Cool - how does the slider work on the guitar - do the notes 'make sense' when you slide, or do you just randomly slide your hand over the pad?

I.e. do the notes generally follow - Red/Green/Blue, Blue/Green/Red so you slide up and down...

Cool - how does the slider work on the guitar - do the notes 'make sense' when you slide, or do you just randomly slide your hand over the pad?

I.e. do the notes generally follow - Red/Green/Blue, Blue/Green/Red so you slide up and down...

Yeah you just slide from note to note not tried it myself but my bro was here doing it, it looks cool.

Excellent! I miss the solo buttons from Rock Band now I use the Les Paul. Really looking forward to using the new GHWT one...

Anything else you can tell us?

Yeah on tour mode i was playing it was a bit like RB where you have to play so many song beat them and do an encore and you can also pick 7 i thnk song and do a mini gig sort of thing. You can do tapping on the neck as well thats really cool too.

I know! I keep thinking of songs to make... they sound like crap at the minute though if YouTube is anything to go by, but hoping people get more skilled at it.

With this and LBP - we'll spend more time making things than playing the bloody games :LOL: Developers getting lazy!

I ordered this but it's off my old dear and she is buying it for one of the kids joint xmas presents (happy days as I can play it aswell). I had better open it when it gets here and check it all works before it's too late to be sent back.

Got it today guess what, yes a dodgy red drum. I have been on the support forum and they send a Midi lead so you can tune with your kit on the PC but the UK site dont? I'm not send ing it back i cant be arsed.

Drumming is a lot harder but it's really good and the guitar is brill.

In what way is the drum dodgy? Thinking of getting this, but things like this put me off. Already had to repair my GH3 guitar after 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom