Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

According to the "official" GHWT/RB2 compatibility list on the Wired site (there's a clickable link to it at the bottom of Tim's link there), the GHWT drums work with GHWT, RB1 and RB2. But according to the Joystiq one, they don't.

Can someone tell me who's right and who's wrong so I don't go and waste £150 please?

I've not tried them - I *think* they DONT work at the moment (though RB drums work on GHWT), but Sony have made it clear they have to work, so there will be a patch released that I think HMX are working on...

i tried them on rock band seemed to work at first till i hit the yellow symbal then all i got was a niose like when you play a bad note on the guitar.
not to keen on the drums sold my wt drums today, ganna save and get one of those premiem sets for rock band they look cool

I thought the GHWT drums looked like the best of the two (GHWT/RB)?

Has anyone else played both Rock Band and GHWT drums? Which do you think are best?

I'm getting fed up of the amount of research that has to go into this...

I can vouch for the GH drums - absolute solid, heavy, well built and the cymbals are cool. Feel more like an electronic kit, than a 'toy'

Oh... pedal is much, MUCH better too - lower, softer to push = no cramping!

Last edited:

Guitar Hero WT with Guitar £49.99

Fantastic deal!

Starts tomorrow for a week, although stock won't last that long (approx 20,000 units accross all formats)

Its not online yet so will have to call and reserve on 0845 640 1010 (Retail price will come up as £79.99 until tomorow)

Cat Nos:

566/8667 - Xbox360
566/8313 - PS3
566/8306 - Wii

Good luck, fantastic deal!!

wow now that is VERY VERY tempting!

I've been listening to the track listing on nutsie and as usual with GH - there are only about 20% of the songs i know and like - then 60% of shit and 20% of stuff that's playable but i'd never listen to it myself in my spare time.

That's the only thing putting me off it

Ah bollocks, I'm going to have to close this other games forum at this rate.

If I could I'd buy the GHWT kit and get the RB2 game, that's the thing. The songs don't really appeal to me, although saying that the missus is begging me to get it so that she can play all the Killers' songs.

The kit is very good CB. GHTunes is pretty shit and amking your own song is really frigging hard.

Wouldnt say 'its shit' (thought that seems to be the only way you describe anything).

Its a little clumsy to use and needs some knowledge of music theory, but once you get used to the button layout and learn a bit of how a song works, it becomes pretty powerful - as is evident if you search for YouTube vids of efforts like "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

I'm currently still working on Nothing Else Matters and its not coming out too bad.

So dont just say 'its shit'!

Maybe you should try Wii Music? Could be more your style? :LOL:

PSTriple or Treesiddy? On the one hand I have the other GH games on 360, on the other isn't the Triple more open to other instruments because of the USB thang?

Will I get by with just the guitar? I mean that's going to be three little plastic guitars in the lounge now, which will no doubt impress the pants off any lucky lady but drums as well, albeit for £100 more...

PSTriple or Treesiddy? On the one hand I have the other GH games on 360, on the other isn't the Triple more open to other instruments because of the USB thang?

Will I get by with just the guitar? I mean that's going to be three little plastic guitars in the lounge now, which will no doubt impress the pants off any lucky lady but drums as well, albeit for £100 more...

I went treesiddy, because I have GHII and GHIII for it, so just made sense to stick with the machine I had for the instruments, the Guitar and Drums are wireless so no need for USB splitters and the like, also, new dash update, I'll be loading GHWT on fo sure. Deleted a shed load of demo's last night from my HDD, so now have over 70Gb to load a few games on with, GHWT, Gears, FIFA and a few others will be straight on.

Ah it was the midi import thing that won't work fully on the siddy so nothing too major. I'm leaning that way now. I'm with you on the install too.

Guitar Hero WT with Guitar £49.99
Oooooh I might buy that and then sell the guitar, or keep the GH guitar and sell my RB guitar, but I don't think I'd get much for it...

Hmm, decisions, decisions :THINK:.

I was going to buy GH:WT from Tesco today, but at £37 they can fuck off.

Oh, and what shop/website is this offer with? Cheers.

Just reserved one at the Argos extra near my work, I'll go pick it up at lunchtime! :DD

I've asked my parents to borrow me some money, too good an offer to pass up!

I've asked my parents to borrow me some money, too good an offer to pass up!
You mean you've asked them to lend you some money. Then you will borrow it from them. They can't borrow it you ;)).

Oh and big thanks to Kamy for letting us know about the offer :COOPZ:.

I've decided not to get it so that I can use the money towards a holiday with my girlfriend next month. Promised her we'd go to Scotland and I'd rather use £50 towards that to be honest.

I've decided not to get it so that I can use the money towards a holiday with my girlfriend next month. Promised her we'd go to Scotland and I'd rather use £50 towards that to be honest.
Geek. :P

Anyone want to buy my GH:WT guitar for £40? It's only been used once, and it all works fine.

nah, it's rubbish IMO. The Rock Band fender is much much better to play with. The GHWT looks like it was made by a 5 year old, he buttons are crap and tiny.

Back
Top Bottom