Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Activision has laid out the Guitar Hero World Tour content arriving over Christmas and into January 2009.

Due tomorrow are "Use Me" by Hinder, "Because of You" by Nickelback and "Light it Up" by Rev Theory.

Then, from 8th January, is the Country Rock Track Pack, which contains "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts, "Ticks" by Brad Paisley and "Hillbilly Deluxe" by Brooks & Dunns.

Drummer Travis Barker, whose likeness is in the game, shows up next on 15th January. Three of his songs - "What's My Age Again", "Lycanthrope" and "Low" - are up for grabs.

A week later, on 22nd January, things turn Australian with "Tomorrow" by Silverchair, "Dimension" by Wolfmother and "Outtathaway!" by The Vines.

Oasis rounds out the month with the full Dig Out Your Soul album on 29th January. Joining existing downloadable tracks "Bag it Up", "Waiting for the Rapture" and "The Shock of the Lightning" are "The Turning", "I'm Outta Time", "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady", "Falling Down", "To Be Where There's Life", "Ain't Got Nothin", "The Nature of Reality" and "Soldier On."

That album will cost 1520 Microsoft Points (GBP 19.20 / EUR 18.24) on Xbox Live, or USD 18.99 from the PlayStation Store - European price not mentioned.

Each of the above track packs sell for 440 MSP (GBP 3.74 / EUR 5.28) or USD 5.49, with individual songs priced at 160 MSP (GBP 1.36 / EUR 1.92), USD 1.99, or 200 Wii Points (GBP 1.40 / EUR 2).

That album will cost 1520 Microsoft Points (GBP 19.20 / EUR 18.24) on Xbox Live, or USD 18.99 from the PlayStation Store - European price not mentioned.

What a crock of shit DLC, and some stupid fucknaut has done their sums wrong, the cost will be 1520 points, and that equates to about £12.67

That is rubbish DLC tbf...
Yep, had enough and got rid of this today. The instruments are all great but the game is a pile of shite. It's nice to be able to use two cymbals, I wish you could in Rock Band, but all the songs are so ball-achingly shit that I never put the disc in anyway. Add that to the fact that when anyone else plays on the same PS3 they unlock all the gigs for everyone (unless you all use seperate PSN accounts in which case you can't play together without having seperate characters with different stats all over the place), ridiculous star power activation on the drums that means you lose tons of the stuff along with multipliers, the huge library on RB2 (especially if you've got RB1 and DLC)... It's not worth keeping.

I'm starting to wish I'd just got the guitar (which is by far the better guitar) and bought the RB1 kit back for £60 - it's confusing using the GH drums with RB, and on top of that the drum pedal isn't springy enough which means you're screwed when it comes to really fast pedal bits. And also, my nephew bought the band pack and he got the "second revision" where the cymbals are smooth instead of textured - gave them a go and they're LOADS better, they don't need a tuning cable and they take every hit like they should. So I feel totally shafted.

Last edited:

Cheers Jay. Might've sold the same within 6 weeks though :LOL:

Activision is giving Guitar Hero World Tour owners a pair of tracks from "The Boss," no charge, in the weeks surrounding Super Bowl Sunday. Oh, and they just happen to coincide with Bruce's new album.

Bruce Springsteen, who will be performing during the Super Bowl half-time show to help promote his soon to be released record Working On A Dream, is giving two gratis tracks to owners of the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions of GHWT. The tracks consist of one new, "My Lucky Day," and one old, "Born To Run."

Wal-Mart's Check Out Blog dates them for January 27 and February 4 of next year. Bruuuuuuuce!

That was always my problem with Guitar Hero. I have fun playing up until Expert and then it seems they over chart stuff just to make it hardcore. On Rockband it might not be 100% accurate for the notes, there are some instances where you hear notes but have nothing to hit. But I had much more fun playing and failing on expert on RB because i actually felt like i stood a chance at finishing the tougher tracks.

The difficulty of GH is the only thing really keeping me from getting interested in the Metallica version and stopping me from buying this.

Just opened this up for the kids and for the life of me I can't get it all connected.
Can anybody advise which USB port I plug in the dongles for each instrument and what order I turn everything on?

I managed to get the drum and Mic working but no joy with guitar. It just keeps flashing and doesn't recognise that it's connected.

Thanks for any help as it is driving me mad.

Make sure you press the sync button on the dongle, then the sync button on the guitar as well :)

I had something similar, my guitar kept connecting to the drum dongle and vice versa. In the end I just disconnected everything (including the hub), switched the PS3 on using the button on the front (so that not even a pad is connected), then plugged the guitar dongle in, then tried to connect to it, and since then everything's worked fine. Bit weird though.

I had something similar, my guitar kept connecting to the drum dongle and vice versa. In the end I just disconnected everything (including the hub), switched the PS3 on using the button on the front (so that not even a pad is connected), then plugged the guitar dongle in, then tried to connect to it, and since then everything's worked fine. Bit weird though.

I just tried that and it synced. Cheers Chris. I was at my wits end with it but hopefully it will all be good from now on.

Thanks again.

I got this (World Tour + Guitar) in Woolworths on the PS3 for £20, does anyone know if the PS3 guitar will work with Rock Band ??

Works fine. You got the game AND guitar for £20?!

you should do, they were selling Ps3 dualshocks for £20 and xbox 360 wireless controllers for £16.49 too, play tv was £30 too, I ended up spending about £100 but I got a load of stuff... it's worth checking out if there is one near you..

There is one near me but it's not that big and the games section they have is pretty pitiful. Hmmm worth a try though. Thanks for the heads up.

ghcharts.jpg

Last edited:

I set this up half pissed last night :)

I dont see any dongle? is that PS3 only?

All I done was plug in the mic to the usb port on the xbox. snched the guitars and drums and it all worked. nice and simple.

I had read before about some usb hub thing, but there was not one in my box.

I just tried that and it synced. Cheers Chris. I was at my wits end with it but hopefully it will all be good from now on.

Thanks again.

It stayed synced for a bloody minute. Do you reckon I should try new batteries?
I've arranged for Play to swap it but they said they have to take the whole kit away. I don't want that to happen as my drum kit is fine and there is always a chance something else might mess up with new kit.

Back
Top Bottom