GTA V

Three days in and I have hardly done any missions or story as it's so much fun exploring and messing about! I try to play it mission based but get distracted by 'what's that over there?' and 'I wonder if I can do that' along with as I drive or move through the city 'wow! I gotta have a go in that car!'

That jaw dropping feeling I had the first time GTA appeared on the PS2 has returned. It's true video game escapism.

It's impossible to play this without a great big grin slapped all over your face!

Hey can Franklin occupy territories by taking out rival gang members

In the comments someone said this:
The 3 guys who need to be killed are in the left side and the left upper side of the map. But Bigfoot is far on the right side.

Also i saw someone on a live stream saying that bigfoot has the same skin and model as in Red Dead Redemption.

But anyway, is possible to edit the appearance of the three guys?
Like beard and maybe hair. I saw two of them with beard and one with bigger hair, does it grow as the story advance or you can edit it?

Strange, wonder the reasoning.

D2jmwRf.jpg

From Eurogamer

Digital Foundry, which has access to the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, has offered an explanation for Rockstar's recommendation against installing the "play" disc.

"Rockstar recommends that you shouldn't install the GTA5 play disc on Xbox 360 and it's sound advice," Digital Foundry chief Richard Leadbetter said.

"When you first get the game, the first order of business is installing the mandatory content from disc one - this accounts for 7.7GB of data to install on your hard drive. Now, there's absolutely nothing stopping you installing disc two - the 'play' disc - onto the hard drive too, using the Xbox 360's dashboard to do so. It takes up an additional 7.8GB of storage. However, doing so impacts the game's ability to stream texture data, resulting in regular pop-in of in-game objects and textures.

"So what's the story here? Well, optimal streaming is achieved by making us of all the available bandwidth in the system. Why stream just from the hard drive when you can run in data simultaneously from both the disc and the HDD? Based on what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 version, perhaps running both DVD and HDD assets from just the one source slows down access times, impacting streaming performance. It's not game-breaking stuff, but it does take you out of the moment when it does manifest and for that reason we can't recommend installing the play disc.

From Eurogamer

Digital Foundry, which has access to the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, has offered an explanation for Rockstar's recommendation against installing the "play" disc.

"Rockstar recommends that you shouldn't install the GTA5 play disc on Xbox 360 and it's sound advice," Digital Foundry chief Richard Leadbetter said.

"When you first get the game, the first order of business is installing the mandatory content from disc one - this accounts for 7.7GB of data to install on your hard drive. Now, there's absolutely nothing stopping you installing disc two - the 'play' disc - onto the hard drive too, using the Xbox 360's dashboard to do so. It takes up an additional 7.8GB of storage. However, doing so impacts the game's ability to stream texture data, resulting in regular pop-in of in-game objects and textures.

"So what's the story here? Well, optimal streaming is achieved by making us of all the available bandwidth in the system. Why stream just from the hard drive when you can run in data simultaneously from both the disc and the HDD? Based on what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 version, perhaps running both DVD and HDD assets from just the one source slows down access times, impacting streaming performance. It's not game-breaking stuff, but it does take you out of the moment when it does manifest and for that reason we can't recommend installing the play disc.

Thanks for that, does make sense, my 360 is so loud from the fans I'm not sure I'd notice the DVD read noise! I'll try deleting disc 2 from the HDD and see if it changes anything :)

Back
Top Bottom