GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

I came in here to read about GTA not which console is the best. Will everybody just stop trying to justify which machine is the best and just enjoy the game on whatever console YOU choose. Stop trying to ram it down other peoples throats. Does my pissing head in.
Use proper thread with the rest of the sad bastards who want to slag off each console.

I'm just looking forward to having a go of the game. I haven't played it since the first 3D one on PS2. Never been into any other types of game except sports but willing to try this after I enjoyed a different type of game (COD4).

I'm loving the car controls. I think its good. Can do some great stuff with different cars, ofcourse depending on the handling of each, like spins and 360's and whatnots. My game progress so far is 0.70% :lol: Playing time 01:24:07. So you can guess all i've done till this moment is fooling around haha.

EDIT: By the way about the volume, i don't have an issue with it at all. It works great and don't have to up my volume.

Anyone?

The one thing I'm very disappointed with is the very small amount of shops that can be used, I seem to remember the PS2 version had loads of kwik e marts, clothing stores and such, yet the next gen version has 1 clothing store on the first part of the island, 1 gun store, 1 internet cafe, really poor IMO, you end driving all the way up the map, all the way down again, all the way up again, just a good job the game looks so amazing and the driving model is so good that it reduces the tedium a little.

You have to find them this time around then they show on the map

i was looking around the second island yesterday and found a few that wasnt on the map

:lmao: Quality!!!

Here's a question, in multiplayer, do you think it will be possible for me to be driving a car, then for example Dags to get in the passenger seat and me to drive us both around?

Yeah Tim, you could do that in multiplayer in the previous GTAs - in San Andreas there was a two-player mode with a camera like in Euro 2008, zooms in and out depending on where you both are. One can drive and one can do a drive-by etc... The missus and I used to go on it all the time in quick bursts.

So I'm 100% sure you'll be able to do that online in GTA IV, the videos confirm it as well.

well from the screenshots i have seen thats possable on Cars, Boats, Bikes and Choppers :w00t:

hopefully i can get 3-4 mates in a car and be there getaway driver :LOL:

I've got my legit ps3 copy! Going to try it in some hours, after picking the missus from work. And guess what, I prefer her to play it for the first time. She's never tried a gta before, and I will be extremely amused watching both the game and her playing it.

I told her the first thing I want her to do is to run over the joggers in central park, but she told me that wasn't a nice thing to do (with a real funny naive look). I imagine her stopping at traffic lights and trying not to harm anyone for the first minutes...

Let's see when she transforms herself into a lunatic sociopath and begins to steal cars, shoot police officers and run over pedestrians... I love gta.

I take it I'm shotgun tonight then? Literally, in the passenger seat and with a shotgun ;))

I'm gonna chase you two with a Helicopter and blow you up :DD

Its gonna be like in the films when you are driving along coming up by a hill - and I just appear and shoot your arses!! - YEE HAA!!!

I'm gonna chase you two with a Helicopter and blow you up :DD

Its gonna be like in the films when you are driving along coming up by a hill - and I just appear and shoot your arses!! - YEE HAA!!!

It's like that is it? :NONO:

You're a marked man, Bobby. A marked man!

another great thing happened last night

I was on a misson where you have to find this guy by ringing his phone. You get the number texted to you and you ring him up and look out some someone picking up the phone. I started walking towards him and it was starting to echo becuase i could hear him in front of me and on the phone :))

and believe me you wont be chasing people in choppers straight away becuase they are a bastard to fly :LOL:

Oh, and if anyone has the ps3 copy and wants to try multiplayer late on... tell me! My psn is drekkard.

late on? Is after midnight ok?

-

I let the GF have a go on vice city when that came out - she had a look on her face like 'why would i want to play this?'

Half an hour later she was running around punching people in the head and laughing.

She told me earlier she can't wait for GTA IV as she wants to go around battering people - and that she hates the ones who run away from her screaming because she then has to chase them down and beat them to death

:BLINK:

My missus is the same, she'd never put the disc in herself but if you give her the pad it's like giving Rod and Todd pixie sticks. [/nerd]

Yeah Tim, you could do that in multiplayer in the previous GTAs - in San Andreas there was a two-player mode with a camera like in Euro 2008, zooms in and out depending on where you both are. One can drive and one can do a drive-by etc... The missus and I used to go on it all the time in quick bursts.

So I'm 100% sure you'll be able to do that online in GTA IV, the videos confirm it as well.

Bonnie n Clyde :SMOKIN:

Back
Top Bottom