GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

@ Radiation,

If the comment is aimed at me, I dont know. Im just assuming that there will be generally less lag with live being a better online service.

Not wishing to get into PS3/360 again as thats been exhausted and I get the feeling everyone is fucked off with me mentioning it - but... can you explain how Live is a better service now?

I've had more problems with Live than PSN recently, and PSN is free.

Guess it comes down to personal preference again - like the controllers (i.e. I've always preferred the Sony controllers to either the XBOX or 360s).

Think all things considered, both are about equal now??

Just interested thas'll!

TeamXbox
4/27/2008
10 out of 10
100.0%
IGN
4/25/2008
10 out of 10
100.0%
1UP
4/27/2008
A+
100.0%
GameSpy
4/27/2008
5 out of 5
100.0%
Eurogamer
4/27/2008
10 out of 10
100.0%
Computer & Video Games UK
4/27/2008
9.5 out of 10
95.0%
Xbox World Mag UK
6/1/2008
98 out of 100
98.0%
Official Xbox Magazine UK
5/1/2008
10 out of 10
100.0%

an Average of 99.1% :))

Only 99.1% :( Dont think I'll bother! :LOL:

the gametrailer.com review was rly great,they gave a damn 9,8 and thats realy high for them(this was only the 360 version)

I dunno where it is

if you can point me to it on this Map http://www.shacknews.com/images/ima...sshots/Screenshot/9477/9477_47ea8d336ba24.jpg
ill go and have a look

You start on the island to the right of NYC

Just got the new island 5 minutes ago and Times Square looks awesome

i have just been walking around checking it out :LOL:
i found Split Sides as well so am gonna watch Katt Williams in a sec :))

No the whole map aint available and ill check the statue soon

Cheers mate.

Not wishing to get into PS3/360 again as thats been exhausted and I get the feeling everyone is fucked off with me mentioning it - but... can you explain how Live is a better service now?

I've had more problems with Live than PSN recently, and PSN is free.

Guess it comes down to personal preference again - like the controllers (i.e. I've always preferred the Sony controllers to either the XBOX or 360s).

Think all things considered, both are about equal now??

Just interested thas'll!

I had bad lag on loads of 360 games - the closest comparison is saints row - the lag was so bad with that game i just couldn't play it anymore and got rid

on the PS3 the closest ive come to lag is on team fortress 2 as you connect and the game lags as it tries to slot you into everyone elses game.

Thats why i wondered about the 'superior service' - as the only thing that makes any difference to the game here is your BB speeds/connections.

BUT if any game has the chance to really lag a system down... ANY system id say its this one - 16 players in a huge city ouch!

JB dont fall for all this console wars bullshit

all people are doin is looking for faults and has found a few that happen once in a blue moon

So he should ignore that image and pick up the 360 version anyway?

Last edited:
what's concerning me is that the roads seem fairly empty of cars and people - especially times square..........seems no busier than ps2 versions -

can anyone set my mind at ease?

I had bad lag on loads of 360 games - the closest comparison is saints row - the lag was so bad with that game i just couldn't play it anymore and got rid

on the PS3 the closest ive come to lag is on team fortress 2 as you connect and the game lags as it tries to slot you into everyone elses game.

Thats why i wondered about the 'superior service' - as the only thing that makes any difference to the game here is your BB speeds/connections.

BUT if any game has the chance to really lag a system down... ANY system id say its this one - 16 players in a huge city ouch!

So he should ignore that image and pick up the 360 version anyway?

Radiation just wondering do you have your PS3 connected Wireless or Wired and if Wireles what % connection do you get and what Speed MB are you on

It's a wired connection through a router - erm.. ive no idea what speeds it gets if i attempt to connect it through wireless - i have done it.. but i cant remember what % it gave me --- but it was high... but the router is like 2 metres away from the ps3 as well. My BB speed is a pitiful 2meg as well. I used to have 4meg when i had the 360

you can even see some texure pop in in the GT review... for example 2:31-2:34 min. :(

what version are they showing again :)

It's a wired connection through a router - erm.. ive no idea what speeds it gets if i attempt to connect it through wireless - i have done it.. but i cant remember what % it gave me --- but it was high... but the router is like 2 metres away from the ps3 as well. My BB speed is a pitiful 2meg as well. I used to have 4meg when i had the 360

Well I've got a 10MB connection but only use Wireless and get a % of 85% you think that will be fine? (actually haven't tried it yet as just got it fitted)

Groan...........

Its based on all the reviews and comments ive read for quite some time now. You see, I dont actually bother with online as a; I dont play often enough for a live subscription (thats why Im happy that the psn is a free network which is ideal for me) and b; when I have played more often then not it has been tossers on the other end. So my comment is based on reviews and comments, I personally dont care so there is no bias to either network or console. I will be getting the ps3 version of the game as so far its been said to be the slightly better version graphically.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Its based on all the reviews and comments ive read for quite some time now. You see, I dont actually bother with online as a; I dont play often enough for a live subscription (thats why Im happy that the psn is a free network which is ideal for me) and b; when I have played more often then not is has been tossers on the other end.
If one of the two services said, "we are banning all cheats - when you score in the first fifteen minutes on Euro 2008 and they then quit, knowing it'll mean the game is abandoned without penalty, we can detect if they've quit or just switched the console off and we will be banning them"...

Then I'd become a total fanboy of that console, I really would.

But enough off-topic console-war stuff in the delicious "please dear God let my copy arrive tomorrow" GTA IV thread.

Sounds like you are saying you prefer PSN, so I'm confused!

As you say tho, 'groan!'...

Groan...........

Its based on all the reviews and comments ive read for quite some time now. You see, I dont actually bother with online as a; I dont play often enough for a live subscription (thats why Im happy that the psn is a free network which is ideal for me) and b; when I have played more often then not it has been tossers on the other end. So my comment is based on reviews and comments, I personally dont care so there is no bias to either network or console. I will be getting the ps3 version of the game as so far its been said to be the slightly better version graphically.

If one of the two services said, "we are banning all cheats - when you score in the first fifteen minutes on Euro 2008 and they then quit, knowing it'll mean the game is abandoned without penalty, we can detect if they've quit or just switched the console off and we will be banning them"...

Then I'd become a total fanboy of that console, I really would.

But enough off-topic console-war stuff in the delicious "please dear God let my copy arrive tomorrow" GTA IV thread.

Surely they will come tomorrow... if there is a god, they will come tomorrow!

I'm still classing 12:01 as 'tomorrow' - one way or another, I want to be playing GTA before I sleep again after tonight!

Don't think so, in my case at least. I've looked up the tracking number of mine and it says it's yet to reach the mail centre, which, in English, means it's not been posted yet. Either that or it's fell down the back of the sorting office staff-room sofa.

Don't think so, in my case at least. I've looked up the tracking number of mine and it says it's yet to reach the mail centre, which, in English, means it's not been posted yet. Either that or it's fell down the back of the sorting office staff-room sofa.

Orrrrrr... the Royal Mail website hasnt updated...

Keep the faith! Or ASDA/TESCO midnight run :)

yeah i found em mate and went on the tours :))

And to all the people talking about Times Square being unpopulation i can tell you at certain times it is

you certainly dont have to wait for a Taxi

That might be from someone with a pirate copy most likely, as I hear that having your disc drive on 5x and not 12x has been causing this problem.
Can't believe I didn't think of that. That's exactly what it is, obviously.

Haha, sorry, did that sound sarcastic? I'm being serious, that's obviously what it is. If you use game backups then obviously it's going to do stuff like that, you could use crap discs, fast burn speeds, and your laser could be knackered due to strain. Plus not many people are playing it legally at this moment in time so it's very likely.

Coopz, Ground Zero should be right around where I've put the red X...

4l3plx.jpg

Hope you finally get your answer Metallica. :)

And want too see

- Ground Zero
- Madison Square Garden
- Time Square
- broadway
- Giant Stadium
- Flushing Meadow
- Brooklyn Bridge

Last edited:
im on 13% now and played over 5hours in total of the game and my longest stink was 1hour 17mins and im still yet to unlock the otehr city and play it online

Yep the tracklist in the booklet looks so different from the wiki one.

Some more pics for you's:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Back
Top Bottom