GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Speaking to my mates cousin last night, he's a games tester for Sony and he's been on GTA for the last two months!

He told me loads of stuff about the game and some of the features I'd not seen before.

Fire an RPG at a slight angle and it'll skim, including going under cars ;))

He said there's THREE endings, not two as IGN suggested.

He told me some cheats that get unveiled to you when you complete the game, I can't really remember them but one was something like 555-CAR0100 and it gives you the FIB (FBI) car.

Some of the missions are amazing, the story is incredible and the rasta guy is probably the funniest character ever in a game, though he can't understand a word he says.

He did let out a few spoilers about some missions but not massive spoilers but he dispelled the rumour that Nico's cousin is just a figment of his imagination (ala Fight Club) and said Roman is a pretty good character too.

Oh, and he can get me a new PS3 for £200 :)

On another note, he said MGS4 is a better game and is the best game he's ever played. GTA is top notch but MGS has got everything and more. Haze is rubbish compared to Halo. He also thinks PES is better than FIFA so take his opinion with a pinch of salt ;))

LOLLLLL
i was just driving long on the highway(free roaming) made a exit somewhere,came in a asain neighborhood and saw this indian sari store LOlllsssss
for the rest of the Indians/Asians there gonna go mental when they see this;)

hi guys

i have had my gta ps3 copy since friday morning.

my friend at my local independant game shop sold me it early.

one thing i want to warn every one about is that when playing the game even with the volume settings turned up the volume in the game is so quiet. i literally have to turn up my tv volume to nearly double compared to all other games and media.

please can you guys confirm weather or not you suffer the same prob as im getting when you guys get your copies.

i have also been told the 360 versions volume is really low as well.

p.s its a good game.well its growing on me.

i really love gta games but so far its been the same old gta game to part from the slightly better graphics with good lighting.

if you guys wana know a bit about the game iv experieced so far i will try and reply but i got footie in a bit so it will be later on guys.

Have you turned the in game volumes up? They usually have some audio settings in the pause menu where you can set the radio stations to be random in each car or keep to the one you picked last etc

hi guys

i have had my gta ps3 copy since friday morning.

my friend at my local independant game shop sold me it early.

one thing i want to warn every one about is that when playing the game even with the volume settings turned up the volume in the game is so quiet. i literally have to turn up my tv volume to nearly double compared to all other games and media.

please can you guys confirm weather or not you suffer the same prob as im getting when you guys get your copies.

i have also been told the 360 versions volume is really low as well.

Good point, mate. I've also noticed that I have to pump up the volume by quite a notch compared to other 360 games.

Yeah i said a while ago about the rasta Little Jacob, hes a great character

and the volume has to be up unusually high on mine to hear people talk in GTA, if it wasnt for the subtitles i probably wouldn't know what was happening

I only noticed last night how good the weather effects are

especially at night when its raining and the traffic light ect are reflecting off the road. you can see a layer of water on the road and the spray coming off your tyres makes the game look incredibly realistic

and its a nightmare driving it the rain as well.

Another thing i like and what i do every time i get in a car at night and that put my lights to high beam :)). That also looks superb becuase it reacts on every wall, car, person, in tunnels and stuff as you would expect

I got told last night that driving at night when it's foggy and raining is supposed to be some of the best effects he's seen in a game.

yeah i just stood there and was stunned by how good it looked when its raining and thundering

Coopz you dirty pirate. :DD

A couple of questions.

How is Times Square in the game?

Is the whole map available from the start?

and

How is the Statue of Liberty?

Ta. :COOL:

Any Tw@'s in the North? I can only find the one you use in the first place, now that
my safehouse is further North
I can't find a Tw@ up there and its a bit tedious driving to the other one all the time?

Coopz do you know if Ground Zero is on the game or anything to do with it ?

Cheers

I dunno where it is

if you can point me to it on this Map http://www.shacknews.com/images/ima...sshots/Screenshot/9477/9477_47ea8d336ba24.jpg
ill go and have a look

So which island do you start on? Is Manhattan locked?

You start on the island to the right of NYC

Coopz you dirty pirate. :DD

A couple of questions.

How is Times Square in the game?

Is the whole map available from the start?

and

How is the Statue of Liberty?

Ta. :COOL:

Just got the new island 5 minutes ago and Times Square looks awesome

i have just been walking around checking it out :LOL:
i found Split Sides as well so am gonna watch Katt Williams in a sec :))

No the whole map aint available and ill check the statue soon

Katt Williams is funny as fcuk, the statue is a bit small, I thought you'd be able to land a chopper on it but no chance. The head is barley the size of a chopper.

Found an NRG 900 earlier ad the crashes are brutal. I hit a car at top speed and must've travelled 100yds+.Choppers and the nades are my favourite things so far.

Loving this game.

Back
Top Bottom