GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Check out gametrailers.com m8s, not only the review is a must see, check the other movies uploaded today! F*cking amazing stuff!!

Also Gamesradar has a lot of new videos!!!

Last edited:
On the Train..

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Strange, IGN says better anti-aliasing on PS3

IGN.com said:
"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

Its true - If they have said anything - its that there is no big difference at all. So It doesn't matter at all!!

The only reason I would get it on PS3 is if I found out Niko was born with both male and female genitalia on the xbox. Now that would freak me out a bit.

I just want this fucking game!!!!!!

Went into Woolworths to see if I can con a little lady that works there into selling me the game. As soon as I step in there are huge great fucking signs with the release date etc!!!!

I just don't see the point of releasing it on Tuesday - It should have been last Friday. FUCKING RETARDS!!!!

funny, but he nailed it though. there are conflicting reports everywhere. Houser came out and said the 360 version was sharper first, then everyone else said it was softer, and now kotaku say its sharper again. lol

this is how close it is folks. don't be a fanboy. let it pass.

excellent thread so far though.

getting mine tomoz.

Re-upped to a slightly faster imagehost:

gtacrapxv3.gif

That's really disappointing, if I have issues like that I will be getting it swapped for the PS3 version straight away. I'm hoping that guy just has a crapped-out laser in his 360 though, wouldn't be the first time a 360 suffered from hardware failure...

That's bullshit, if you run the game with your HDD installed there is virtually zero texture pop in, all I've seen in about 20 hours of play is one texture of a building's exterior 1m square piece of wall above a door slow to load, that's it. Anyone playing this game without their HDD installed gets what they deserve, as already mentioned by numerous people the HDD is used to cache the streaming data.

Any Tw@'s in the North? I can only find the one you use in the first place, now that
my safehouse is further North
I can't find a Tw@ up there and its a bit tedious driving to the other one all the time?

Anyone?

The one thing I'm very disappointed with is the very small amount of shops that can be used, I seem to remember the PS2 version had loads of kwik e marts, clothing stores and such, yet the next gen version has 1 clothing store on the first part of the island, 1 gun store, 1 internet cafe, really poor IMO, you end driving all the way up the map, all the way down again, all the way up again, just a good job the game looks so amazing and the driving model is so good that it reduces the tedium a little.

Graphics do seem to look sharper and more vibrant on 360 than the PS3 screens I've seen. Wonder why...

I'm still having a hard time which version to go with. Oh well.

This game will consume my life. lol

If the game is such a big deal so much that everyone is freaking out about it(which it is) why would anyone buy a version that wouldnt have the exclusive downloadable content

Anyone?

The one thing I'm very disappointed with is the very small amount of shops that can be used

you end driving all the way up the map

Totally agree with the first comment, does seem like more should be open to you.

You know about the 'fast travel'?

Hail a cab with LB/L1 and press and hold Y/Triangle to enter the back of the cab and use up and down to select your destination. Press X/square to hurry up and press A/cross to skip. Sometime I skip and sometimes I take the journey.(plenty of time to go for a pi** or make a bifta!)

Yes I use fast travel sometimes but generally prefer to drive myself, more fun :)

Me too. Especially the bikes.

Found the below on Wiki. Will test ASAP.

Enter one of the following codes during game play. A small box will appear to confirm correct code entry. Note: The following codes should be considered unconfirmed until the retail version of the game is available.

Weapons tier 1 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Up, Down, Left, Right, Up.

Weapons tier 2 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up.

Weapon tier 3 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right(2).

Run quickly Press R1(2), Left, Right, L2, Square, Triangle, L1, Circle.

Never die Press R1, Circle(2), L2, R2, Triangle, X, L1, Right.

Health Press R1, L1, L2, Square, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right.

Money Press Up, Down, L1, L2, Left, Right, R1, R2, Square.

Money Press Up, Down, L1, L2, Left, Right, R1, R2, Square.

Retrieved from http://www.wikicheats.com/index.php/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_-_PS3_XB360/Cheats

I have tried on 460 with no luck

Last edited:
I'd imagine they are the same on both consoles, you just need to know which buttons relate to which pad.

I'm 99% sure that was the case with all cross platform GTA's.

@PBoreham,

I hadn't heard that, I'll give them a go in a bit and find out. The article did say that they were unconfirmed so....

That's bullshit, if you run the game with your HDD installed there is virtually zero texture pop in, all I've seen in about 20 hours of play is one texture of a building's exterior 1m square piece of wall above a door slow to load, that's it. Anyone playing this game without their HDD installed gets what they deserve, as already mentioned by numerous people the HDD is used to cache the streaming data.

They say on the comparison link you can't install on the 360 HDD :SS

-

gif from the same place xbox360:

16gqy9.gif

sonybots are working overtime.

Errr... As are those overly defensive 360 fans trying to justify their version as the definitive one and jumping down the throat of anything slightly anti 360 by ignoring the problem (which has already been figured out the pop in would be due to a slow disc speed) and trying to start a 'ps3 fans are stupid fanboyz lolz'

--

If the game is such a big deal so much that everyone is freaking out about it(which it is) why would anyone buy a version that wouldnt have the exclusive downloadable content

Well I don't think ill still be playing OFFLINE come august / september - so DLC makes little difference to me - that said if i ever have a desire to buy dlc in the future i can always buy the ps3 dlc OR i can have a look at the 360 DLC when its all revealed and then pick up the 360 copy on the cheap - or as a directors cut version with the dlc included if they choose to release it like that as well.

With multiple endings i could play the ps3 one now with a much more stable console and online - then later pick up the 360 version and play the new dlc and aim for a different ending - so it doesn't feel too samey.

-

As the game is such a big deal so much that everyone is freaking out about it(which it is) why would anyone buy a version that will run on a console that could crash at any second and then go into the 3 red lights and leave you without any means of playing the game for a few weeks!

My 360 has been playing GTA about 24 hours of the last 48 and no probs whatsoever.

I don't know anyone who has had RROD, I don't think that should be the deciding factor on whether you buy the game on one console or the other.

There are cheats in the game, as confirmed by the guy I know who playtested the game. Cheats are entered using the mobile phone and it spawns cars/weapons etc

When doing the cheats you cant get the achievements though. i may try it on anotehr profile and mess around and kill as many people as i can lol

My 360 has been playing GTA about 24 hours of the last 48 and no probs whatsoever.

I don't know anyone who has had RROD, I don't think that should be the deciding factor on whether you buy the game on one console or the other.
RROD has improved alot lateley and u hear less and less about it. plus i think that the turn around for it is no longer a month now

Back
Top Bottom