GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: GTA IV - Please use the Spoiler tags lads

Feels good resigning yourself to not getting it until Tuesday.

I feel much less stressed now :LOL:

keep us al up to date mate. might have to call zavvi and see if they will sell it now lol

Phoned all the TESCO stores in my area (Widnes/Liverpool) and my local Gamestation in Widnes -- 'The Games Company' has shut down now! Not that they sold games early anyway, and the woman who worked there was always snotty on the phone when i was asking.. .but anyway...

Gamestation basically wanted to know which TESCO stores are selling it early - if they are... then gamestation would appeal to management and then get back to me. I didn't know any locally who where and just had to explain, while sounding like an idiot, that i had heard some stores in england were selling it today.

He paused for a moment and then said he had read on the net that TESCO were given permission to sell early but as they had no proof of it happening yet they couldn't do anything themselves either.

Shame!

TESCO

I phoned 5 stores.

The first 3 all knew their shit and as soon as i uttered Grand Theft auto they burst in, interrupting me with 'Yes yes... we're selling it on Tuesday next week... can i help you with anything else?'

Which was quite rude of them - so as revenge i didn't even bother to finish my conversation with them and just hung up.

The next store was answered by some welsh woman who sounded very surprised. I explained that other TESCO stores were selling it today, so i was just wondering if there was any chance they might be selling it. She told me 'They can't be selling it yet... it's not Tuesday today!' -- I told her they must have been given permission to release it early... and she came back with 'well i don't know why because we aren't allowed to sell it until Tuesday'

Stupid cow must think her TESCO is the epicentre of them all.

The last store almost gave me hope - the chap who answered was very helpful - he said he knew they had the games in the back and he would just 'nip off' (his words) to check if they could sell it to me today. After a short while he came back very apologetic saying he's just been told they're not allowed to sell the game before midnight on Monday night Tuesday morning.

So all in all a waste of time! :brick:

Still a blessing in disguise - after all of the downloading ive done with MGO - i wouldn't have ever touched it if i had GTA in my console

=======

Stringy Bell sounds like some sort of nob disease as well.

Have it today? Where are you seeing that PB?

Last edited:

We had this situation with Halo 3 i believe. A few tesco's were selling it early (yet again,lol) but as soon as they got caught out you couldn't get it anywhere. Argos were also selling it early i believe, but i doubt they would have made that mistake again.

I am not overly keen on the Coopz scoring system, it seems to change depending on his mood...

No you find it was becuase i was ill

now im fully fit and have a clear head :))

No you find it was becuase i was ill

now im fully fit and have a clear head :))

Love the fact that we have an 11/10 (coopz) and a 9/10 (poss a 10 from Placebo) and this is still just the SINGLE PLAYER!

Once Tuesday comes and everyone is online, tis gonna be the awesome!

Definately. Can't wait to see you guys online :) Is it 16-player multiplayer?

Are you sure you're not being fed some nice tasty BS there?

Nothing here.

Just going by what I read on the internet.

Its all true you know...

Just seen the same images show above - HMV news is from ShopTo - they link to another forum (Britbox?) where there is a thread about people who have it today from HMV...

I'm probably going to stick to the 360 to be honest. As much as XBL pisses me off, if I got a PS3 then my mate couldn't go halves with me on games so I'd have to pay full price ;))

Plus I'd miss out on playing online with the vast majority on here (as DJ said).

XBL is still shit though. Bloody "Signup is unavailable" crap.

Love the fact that we have an 11/10 (coopz) and a 9/10 (poss a 10 from Placebo) and this is still just the SINGLE PLAYER!

Once Tuesday comes and everyone is online, tis gonna be the awesome!

one thing im looking forward to is seeing how far they have gone with the detail

You can go on these massive towers and use binoculars to see over the city, now if you could see other online players miles away though these binoculars that would be something else

here are what taxi rides look like, not in HD just a camera phone :))

When you can the game make your Cousins taxi driver pick you up a few times becuase he hates Niko and his free rides and that chats they have are hilarious most with the driver who has 6 kids and a wife talking about how much pussy he gets :LOL:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Coopz08/video/x579in_taxi-night_news

http://www.dailymotion.com/Coopz08/video/x579g3_day

Cheers Coopz. Second one not showing yet,but you get the gist.

Looks superb!

Graphics look damn good in the taxi.

Love the parking though :LOL:

RROD is becoming less of an occurence now... plus you will miss out on Extra Content (more than just a few hats or clothes for Niko to wear) :)

DLC doesnt interest me for the 360 - i wont finish the main game as it is, so another 10 hours is neither here nor there!

The PS3 DLC sounds interesting if they can integrate it into Home (if that ever comes out!!) :LOL:

Just going by what I read on the internet.

Its all true you know...

Just seen the same images show above - HMV news is from ShopTo - they link to another forum (Britbox?) where there is a thread about people who have it today from HMV...
Well it's too late to arrive now I think, Special Deliveries usually arrive about 7am and then if they don't it has to be before 12pm I think?

Can you link me to the thread? I'd be interested to read if there's any "I haven't bloody got it, grumble grumble" posts. (If not there will be soon.)

second one is daytime and i have a passenger :))

Well it's too late to arrive now I think, Special Deliveries usually arrive about 7am and then if they don't it has to be before 12pm I think?

Can you link me to the thread? I'd be interested to read if there's any "I haven't bloody got it, grumble grumble" posts. (If not there will be soon.)

http://forums.britxbox.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=55963

Not published yet, Coopz.

Oops i didnt know i had to click publish

http://www.dailymotion.com/Coopz08/video/x579g3_day_news

this ones different becuase he has high seats so i cant see out the front window only the sides and get out the detail of the city!!

oh yeah and i forgot

there are toll bridges (a small one is in the video) and if you run though em you get a wanted level

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom