GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: GTA IV - Please use the Spoiler tags lads

Does GTA4 give you an option to install to the HDD on the 360?

No it doesn't, but it does cache to the HDD (I read comments by someone that first they only used their memory card for saves to use a new account so they wouldn't be tracked, with the HDD removed there was lots of popup and slow down but then they tried with the HDD in place and performance was much better).

To be honest I'm not that impressed with the radio stations, but I guess it doesn't help that I can't stand rap/hip-hop/techno/punk/disco/jazz, have to settle for the two rock stations and the talk ones, the voyager station is a cool idea but very limited in its playlist, really missing the country station from GTA:SA that was really funny :)

got the game here in australia, simply amazing game! i will be spending the weekend playing this and doing nothing else

Tesco have apparantly broke release and GAME are waiting for head office to give them the all clear to sell it today.

You heard it here 1st.;))

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

Had a look around and it seems hit and miss

Some TESCO stores are selling the game NOW - others midnight tonight (friday) others saturday at midnight and the rest the usual monday night midnight launch.

So i guess everyone should phone their locals - thats if they have any stock that isnt pre ordered

No it doesn't, but it does cache to the HDD (I read comments by someone that first they only used their memory card for saves to use a new account so they wouldn't be tracked, with the HDD removed there was lots of popup and slow down but then they tried with the HDD in place and performance was much better).

To be honest I'm not that impressed with the radio stations, but I guess it doesn't help that I can't stand rap/hip-hop/techno/punk/disco/jazz, have to settle for the two rock stations and the talk ones, the voyager station is a cool idea but very limited in its playlist, really missing the country station from GTA:SA that was really funny :)

The radio station pWnZ :)
i love the old skool hip hop,reggeatone and reggea stations ;)

and as far i know the HDD install is only for PS3.
i realy hope i can get hands on today for the PS3 version.
The 360 version is killing the game for me cus of the controller:(

Last edited:

Just rung my local tesco, the woman told me they were selling it next wednesday!

Tesco have apparantly broke release and GAME are waiting for head office to give them the all clear to sell it today.

You heard it here 1st.;))

Went all round the stores in town (Grantham) this morning - heres the results:-

Morrisons: Geek behind the counter (behind him was a glass cabinet FULL of GTA), said "not until 29th" and gave me a knowing look like he knew what I was up to!

Woolies: Tried a new approach - "Are you selling GTA yet as lots of other shops are now?" - "ARE THEY?" - "Yes, Morissons, Tescos etc..." - "Hmmm, we cannot sell it, sorry". - Damn!

Argos: "Sorry love, its been delayed from today until Tuesday". Idiots.

Game: Walked in, walked out - not worth trying!

WH Smiths: Only had PS2 games.

Got pissed off. Went home.

Went all round the stores in town (Grantham) this morning - heres the results:-

Morrisons: Geek behind the counter (behind him was a glass cabinet FULL of GTA), said "not until 29th" and gave me a knowing look like he knew what I was up to!

Woolies: Tried a new approach - "Are you selling GTA yet as lots of other shops are now?" - "ARE THEY?" - "Yes, Morissons, Tescos etc..." - "Hmmm, we cannot sell it, sorry". - Damn!

Argos: "Sorry love, its been delayed from today until Tuesday". Idiots.

Game: Walked in, walked out - not worth trying!

WH Smiths: Only had PS2 games.

Got pissed off. Went home.

Damn might try dixons today.

haha!! lol wait until Tuesday Paul

I know!!! I'm such an idiot!

MGO hopefully out tonight, loving COD4, FIFA, EURO and GT5.

Jeez, I should grow up and be happy with what I've got! I've always been the same though, could never sleep X-Mas eve etc :LOL:

Be happy with what youve got mate, youve got more than others not so fortunate. I have to remind myself of that each time I think ive got it bad. Euro 2008, COD4 and Forza 2 should keep me going until Tuesday.

Be happy with what youve got mate, youve got more than others not so fortunate. I have to remind myself of that each time I think ive got it bad. Euro 2008, COD4 and Forza 2 should keep me going until Tuesday.

I dunno mate he has The CLub. :DD

Thats Deep DJ......Real Deep.

I always get depressed when my toast falls butter side down. Then I remember the children starving in poorer countries..........but then I remember they probably haven't had toast and butter and they don't know how annoying it can be when it falls on the floor......So I think the problems are equal really. So then I stop thinking about the children and start feeling sorry for myself - especially if its my last bit of bread!!!!.......Bloody lucky starving children!!!! ;))

Thats Deep DJ......Real Deep.

I always get depressed when my toast falls butter side down. Then I remember the children starving in poorer countries..........but then I remember they probably haven't had toast and butter and they don't know how annoying it can be when it falls on the floor......So I think the problems are equal really. So then I stop thinking about the children and start feeling sorry for myself - especially if its my last bit of bread!!!!.......Bloody lucky starving children!!!! ;))

Mmmmmm... bread...

keep us updated on these store release dates

would love having it today

Back
Top Bottom