GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: GTA IV - Please use the Spoiler tags lads

I thought there was an MS/R* statement saying people caught playing GTA IV online before the release date would have their accounts banned?

Its all to scare the little kiddies thats all

Its not exactly hard to make a new account if they do ban people though

I have a feeling alot people will be disappointed with this though becuase all they have done really is gone into more detail and made the graphics better

...I have a feeling alot people will be disappointed with this though becuase all they have done really is gone into more detail and made the graphics better

Wow, you sure you not just down on the game as you feel rough?

What you have said though is what people are (or should be!) expecting - a bigger, better GTA experience - i.e. better graphics, sound and detail.

Thats what I'm looking forward too - and (despite my desperation to get it!) I've never been a massive fan of the GTA type game. Its not something I can spend hours and hours on anyway - I just like to dip in and out, but I'm looking forward to the experience and what R* have done with the Euphoria engine etc.

After playing it for a while, whats the -ve points you've seen then?

Wow, you sure you not just down on the game as you feel rough?

What you have said though is what people are (or should be!) expecting - a bigger, better GTA experience - i.e. better graphics, sound and detail.

Thats what I'm looking forward too - and (despite my desperation to get it!) I've never been a massive fan of the GTA type game. Its not something I can spend hours and hours on anyway - I just like to dip in and out, but I'm looking forward to the experience and what R* have done with the Euphoria engine etc.

After playing it for a while, whats the -ve points you've seen then?

I have only had a couple of hours on it, and the negative points are its like any other GTA but with a bit of spit and polish and alot of gimmicks. Like once you have seen him drunk and falling over once or tried to drive while drunk ect then the novelty wears off

Its a good game though but i think people are expecting to much, saying that my head is clear and ill give it a good go today :))

Oh yeah the way its all put together is second to none (as GTA always is), ie the cutscenes or when your driving someone to somewhere and there chatting to you on the way, there is alot of lol moments in there as well

Without giving too much away, what have you been let down so far with GTA, coopz? I.E. you expected a lot more from the aiming system or driving etc..

Extremely confused.

I got an email yesterday from HMV.com saying this:

HMV.com said:
Thank you for your recent order of Grand Theft Auto IV. We're sure you're looking forward to this Tuesday as much as we are.

We've got some great news. To guarantee you receive your copy on time, we'll now be sending it by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

And don't worry, there's no additional charge for this. We just want to make sure you're amongst the first to get your hands on the hottest game of the year.

Please remember that your delivery will need to be signed for. If the postman can't get a signature, you'll always be able to collect it from your local sorting office.

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to contact us.

Many thanks!

Today I get an email saying this:

HMV.com said:
Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty 1
Format HC
Artist XBOX 360 GAME
Title GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV)
Price £39.99
Estimated Delivery 2-5 days

I'm trying not to get excited. But I am.

I have only had a couple of hours on it, and the negative points are its like any other GTA but with a bit of spit and polish and alot of gimmicks. Like once you have seen him drunk and falling over once or tried to drive while drunk ect then the novelty wears off

Its a good game though but i think people are expecting to much, saying that my head is clear and ill give it a good go today :))

Totaly agree mate! do you find it feels like your playing a cartoon

My Gameplay dispatch date disappeared!? It used to say expected to be dispatched on the 26th-28th April... now its just '-'.

Extremely confused.

Cool, keep us informed!

Lots of rumours about Play, Game sending today (doubtful), but that email sounds like it could be on its way!!!!

Without giving too much away, what have you been let down so far with GTA, coopz? I.E. you expected a lot more from the aiming system or driving etc..

I think its only the hype thats left me disappointed becuase there is nothing new here really, like i said its GTA with new bells and whistles

It is a very good game, but its not something we aint seen before. Shooting/Aiming is great and driving is great but we expect that from a GTA if you know what i mean

So its GTA but for the next gen...

Extremely confused.

Ye this is doing rounds now not to burst your bubble i wouldnt be surprised if it has dont deliver until 29th message or something like that on it.

My Gameplay dispatch date disappeared!? It used to say expected to be dispatched on the 26th-28th April... now its just '-'.

Mine has gone aswell :SHOCK:

But mine still says ordered no emails nothing yet.

Quick update on the status of dispatches...

Rumours still going round that Gameplay, Game, Play and HMV are starting to dispatch.

The owner of ShopTo has spoken to Take2 today who assures him NO ONLINE store has or plan to ship before Monday.

From the sound of the guys email, if he gets proof that anybody HAS shipped, then he could too.

But its all massive speculation.

In the meantime, continue to be disappointed by Coopz lethargic take on the game! :LOL:

I think its only the hype thats left me disappointed becuase there is nothing new here really, like i said its GTA with new bells and whistles

It is a very good game, but its not something we aint seen before. Shooting/Aiming is great and driving is great but we expect that from a GTA if you know what i mean
No game is as good as the hype that GTA IV has been given. I'm sure it's an amazing game and I can't wait to get it but for the game to be as good as we now expect it, it would have to come with a virtual reality suit and pain simulators for when you're shot.

This is why I'm actually half-glad that the reviews of FIFA are always half-baked, if they say it's poor without going into a lot of detail it usually means they don't like the controls and so they've marked it down simply because of that, and you know the game will still be good. If they come out and say it's amazing then I expect too much, when I then see Tranmere playing at a generic stadium and the team looking like a bunch of clones with wigs on I can't help but feel disappointed, despite the fact that I would expect as much.

No game is as good as the hype that GTA IV has been given. I'm sure it's an amazing game and I can't wait to get it but for the game to be as good as we now expect it would have to come with a virtual reality suit and pain simulators for when you're shot.

This is why I'm actually half-glad that the reviews of FIFA are always half-baked, if they say it's poor without going into a lot of detail it usually means they don't like the controls and so they've marked it down simply because of that, if they come out and say it's amazing then I expect too much. When I then see Tranmere playing at a generic stadium and the team looking like a bunch of clones with wigs on I can't help but feel disappointed, despite the fact that I would expect as much.

Hype is mad isnt it... give it a week and it will all be forgotten about and then its "ZOMG! MGS4 PRE-ORDERED!!!!!" (that will be me :))

Off topically... Tranny in for a stuffing the weekend - sorry mate! :LOL:

Off topically... Tranny in for a stuffing the weekend - sorry mate! :LOL:
We're out of the playoff race so quite frankly I don't give a stuff, majorly pissed off with a manager who says every week "we had the chances but we couldn't score, we deserved to win" - A) you're a liar, and B) you're the manager, isn't this the kind of thing you should be fixing? Oh, and C) you bought your own son, you're paying him with our money, and he's shit. I hope we lose the next 10 games in a row (including games from next season) so that we get rid of the tosser. We might as well have a scarecrow with a tape recorder attached for a manager, at least he wouldn't employ his own offspring.

[/rant /offtopic]

In the meantime, continue to be disappointed by Coopz lethargic take on the game! :LOL:

Im just saying how i see it :))

and expect everyone else to feel the same way once they play it, once the wow factor of the physics and little gimmicks are out the way its just another GTA

nobody will say its a bad game becuase it aint but these 10/10 scores are pretty stupid

We're out of the playoff race so quite frankly I don't give a stuff, majorly pissed off with a manager who says every week "we had the chances but we couldn't score, we deserved to win" - A) you're a liar, and B) you're the manager, isn't this the kind of thing you should be fixing? Oh, and C) you bought your own son, you're paying him with our money, and he's shit. I hope we lose the next 10 games in a row (including games from next season) so that we get rid of the tosser. We might as well have a scarecrow with a tape recorder attached for a manager, at least he wouldn't employ his own offspring.

[/rant /offtopic]

But your official homepage says "THE PROMOTION PUSH IS ON!". :LOL: Hope you lot roll over and die for us as we still have a chance of the auto's...

Anyway...GTA4... isnt it!? Hope so.

Im just saying how i see it :))

and expect everyone else to feel the same way once they play it, once the wow factor of the physics and little gimmicks are out the way its just another GTA

nobody will say its a bad game becuase it aint but these 10/10 scores are pretty stupid

Yea, that was tongue in cheek dont worry. I know exactly what you mean - all the GTAs are pretty much the same (the 3D ones before any smartarse brings up GTA:London!) - so yea, what can you expect.

I guess SA tried the most to break away from the formula with its RPGish take on character building.

Wish at the time that came out I was in a position to devote more time to it, but I'd just got with a new GF and kinda pushed the old black X-Box away into the corner whistling "hmmm... must be my nephews..." :LOL:

im shocked placebo likes this game, your usuallly into realistic games, does GTA really do anything really well? driving is a joke in terms of physics and different cars feeling differemt, the fighting/shooting system has always been weak compared to other FPS, the storyline is like a bad mafia movie, etc... i got this game for the online aspect, but if this game is the same as the old games with bells and whistles, then i dont see how anyone can give this a 9/10...

I genuinely don't know what those who have the game and are a little disappointed were expecting...

Back
Top Bottom