GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: GTA IV - Please use the Spoiler tags lads

Thoughts from the other video (shootout).

Wow, ok, thats more like it! Loads more to see in this:-

* The 3rd Person shooting camera - i.e. down the barrel. Looks great and going to make combat MUCH better

* The cover system seems to work well, instantly ducking round a corner.

* One of the cops seems to be 'injured' from a gun shot before being finished off

* Love the breaking into the car now, rather than just opening the door. Crowbar through the window, car alarms etc - nice.

* The sound - although bad quality in the vid, seemed very good - lots of police tannoy etc.

* WTF was that 'Burnout' camera! Car jumps off the bridge and we see it jumping from a zoomed out Burnout type camera... cool :)

All in all, seems very smooth, very intuitive and more of what i was hoping for :D

how can they upload them when your not connected on LIVE?

When you connect to Live afterwards, it uploads your Gamerscore along with achievements unlocked. The achievements are date-stamped too.

I think thats BS you will be banned if you play a legit copy online. MS or Sony would never do this. People said the same about Halo 3 but the only people that were not allowed to play was MS staff themselves.

If you play a pirate copy than yeah you may get banned and well you deserve it..

I think thats BS you will be banned if you play a legit copy online. MS or Sony would never do this. People said the same about Halo 3 but the only people that were not allowed to play was MS staff themselves.

If you play a pirate copy than yeah you may get banned and well you deserve it..

Think if anyone is playing it before Tuesday, then you (or rather M$, Sony, R* etc), have to ASSUME its pirated due to the strict Tuesday release date.

Think if anyone is playing it before Tuesday, then you (or rather M$, Sony, R* etc), have to ASSUME its pirated due to the strict Tuesday release date.

I not sure if that really is the case though. MS have a way of actually detecting that the drive is running a pirate or legal copy. It would be very silly on MS or Sony's part to just start banning people.

I not sure if that really is the case though. MS have a way of actually detecting that the drive is running a pirate or legal copy. It would be very silly on MS or Sony's part to just start banning people.

$500m is a nice little arm twister! :LOL:

Nah, sure they will find a way - and you cannot pirate on the PS3 anyway, so its only really M$ who have to worry.

VG247's published an email sent out by Rockstar this evening that confirms that Microsoft will be helping the company track Gamertags of all people playing GTA IV between now and April 29. PSN IDs will also be tracked.

Hope he's not on Live...

We expect a detailed review WITHOUT spoilers though if possible :)

Think its going to be more a case of R* banning the gamertag/PSN from online if anyone outside of their agreement (for reviewers etc) is caught playing before Tuesday.

See my quote in the post above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Fpunltwh8

New gameplay video clear and crisp looks very nice to me. :)

Dunno about a review but here is some things i have noticed with 10 minutes or so play

Cars handling is very very loose and hard to get to grips with.
Fighting hand to hand slow and shit.
phyics of Niko and peds are great (i just got ran over and it looked brillaint) also if you have 1 foot and the curb and one on the road he wont float, his body will adjust to it.
there are little things like when you knock over them water things on the street they gush up in the air but when your car goes over it it reacts how you would expect it too.
Not impressed with the graphics either (but looking at the vid above i think i set something wrong).
the sound is great though and you can turn GPS on in cars so you will never lose you way.
The game seems to be very real generally

Any videos of downtown i wanna see if its as packed with ppl and traffic like they say it will be
Or Coopz do you know

Last edited:

going to try my luck at the local stores now. got some contacts, maybe it will help me? we'll see

Any videos of downtown i wanna see if its as packed with ppl and traffic like they say it will be
Or Coopz do you know

Ill try and find it and let you know

and i have just put on Stranglehold to see if it is my graphic settings and that game looks sweet

Cant tell you about downtown the Police wont let me over the otherside

Ok time to stop reading this thread, im getting very jealous and I dont want to spoil the game!!

Rockstar have been contacted for comment by Kotaki

ill have to remove that just incase

Last edited by a moderator:

Girlfriends are still in just taking one bowling here, while i was walk a guy sprinted past me and soon after a fat copper ran past who was trying to catch him and getting knowhere :LOL:

oh and the bowling mini game is great

i saw the pic before it was taken down, surprised it took them this long to do so. we should not post things like that or else its bye bye evo web has it will be accused of helping piracy and thats a big no no :@

Girlfriends are still in just taking one bowling here, while i was walk a guy sprinted past me and soon after a fat copper ran past who was trying to catch him and getting knowhere :LOL:

oh and the bowling mini game is great

Q for Coopz...

whats the mechanics of the minigames? Do you have much control - or its it just QTEs?

Back
Top Bottom