GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

whatever it is i resist to watch it. same with all trailers and reviews and except for what i sadly allready saw. :(

6 days to go!

I got an email from Game last night saying my pre-order is being processed.
When I pre-ordered Euro 2008 I got the same email on the Tuesday before release, and it arrived the next day (Wednesday).

I wonder if it'll be delivered today or tomorrow? :pray:

Dear Mr Reynolds,

Order number(s): 0237****/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Grand Theft Auto IV is now being processed. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Grand Theft Auto IV, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

I got an email from Game last night saying my pre-order is being processed.
When I pre-ordered Euro 2008 I got the same email on the Tuesday before release, and it arrived the next day (Wednesday).

I wonder if it'll be delivered today or tomorrow? :pray:

Really think the wording stores are putting in there emails re 'strict legal instruction from R* to not release until Monday' etc means I'd be absolutely amazed if anyone risks selling it early...

Also, dont know if you saw, but on AVF, someone linked to a post on a GTA forum where a guy worked in Game and was talking about getting the PS3 stock in yesterday.

He said 'Free' deliveries are being sent Saturday, 'Next Day' Monday.

He also said staff have been told not to take any copies - OR EVEN PLAY IT IN STORE! Staff members are being encouraged to grass on anyone attempting to do so.

So i'd say its pretty strict!

I think you're right, though I won't complain if it does arrive early :))

This is the process from Euro 2008, and it was delivered on 16th (release date was 18th):
Order status log

15/04/2008 16:02:52 Your order has been dispatched.
15/04/2008 15:00:52 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
15/04/2008 14:15:17 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/04/2008 11:09:01 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
11/04/2008 15:24:38 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

and this is the GTA one at the moment (I can't post images as we can't access imageshack at work):

Order status log

23/04/2008 07:20:48 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
22/04/2008 16:51:03 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
20/02/2008 12:56:19 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

I'll keep an eye on it today and let you know if it changes ;))

Cool... mines still "held as a Pre-Order"

Great avatar BTW, she is so fit... watched the last episode last night, hope they make a 2nd series.

I think this'll probably be the most successful video game of all time, although probably won't surpass GTA:SA's number of units sold, no figures to back it up but I'm assuming that there were more PS2's out there when GTA:SA was released than there currently are PS3/360?

Cool... mines still "held as a Pre-Order"

Great avatar BTW, she is so fit... watched the last episode last night, hope they make a 2nd series.

UPDATE:
Order status log

23/04/2008 08:53:41 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
23/04/2008 07:20:48 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
22/04/2008 16:51:03 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
20/02/2008 12:56:19 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

And slightly off topic, yes Lena & Summer (who plays Cameron) are both hubba hubba :-... On Monday it was confirmed that a second season has been comissioned. :DANCE:

Retailers have signed an agreement that they will not dispatch GTAIV until the 28th. With first class delivery that should mean that your copy should arrive on the 29th.

Also, those of you wishing to pick up the Special Edition in the stores, think again. According to HMV, the Special Edition is only available to pre-order/buy online in the UK.

HMV said:
It's exclusively available to pre-order online - There are no plans to sell the Special Edition in UK high street stores

Whether that is just HMV's policy or all UK game retailers is unknown.

UPDATE:

And slightly off topic, yes Lena & Summer (who plays Cameron) are both hubba hubba :-... On Monday it was confirmed that a second season has been comissioned. :DANCE:

Cool! I'm refreshing mine all the time... C'mon!!

EDIT: Ha, just changed!

23/04/2008 09:25:11 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
22/04/2008 13:02:44 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

So still hoping all will go ok for Tuesday del. Glad I found they were taking pre-orders again - cannot believe I left it so late. Shame on me!

Found a bit about S2 getting commissioned - sounds good. Summer is staying, Derek is a permanent cast member now. Cannot wait :D

Also, those of you wishing to pick up the Special Edition in the stores, think again. According to HMV, the Special Edition is only available to pre-order/buy online in the UK.

Whether that is just HMV's policy or all UK game retailers is unknown.
:DOH: Oh well, I can't really afford the special edition anyway! I am actually gettin quite excited about GTAIV now :)).

Me too. I was in bed this morning thinking what day it was and how long til GTA4. Yes, I'm that sad :(

The funny thing is I've never been excited about GTA prior to release. Sure, they're good games and all but this one has a massive buzz about it. I'm eager to see what they've managed to pull off on the 360/PS3 and how much they've pushed the consoles :)

Roll on Tuesday!

:DOH: Oh well, I can't really afford the special edition anyway! I am actually gettin quite excited about GTAIV now :)).

SE is ok, but I like my games all neat and lined up! Its crap that the SE game comes in a cardboard sleeve. *eugh*

Me too. I was in bed this morning thinking what day it was and how long til GTA4. Yes, I'm that sad :(

The funny thing is I've never been excited about GTA prior to release. Sure, they're good games and all but this one has a massive buzz about it. I'm eager to see what they've managed to pull off on the 360/PS3 and how much they've pushed the consoles :)

Roll on Tuesday!

yea, know what you mean! I played all the other GTA games, but I wouldnt say they hooked me at all - to be brutally honest, I found the openess of it all a bit boring - lots of wandering around.

Like you, I'm keen to see what they have done.

Read a good piece with Dan Hauser earlier (was it on here?!), talking about the differences in the 2 consoles.

Said they both have strengths and weaknesses (difficulty in getting started on the PS3, storage capacity of 360), but the versions were pretty much identical - they didnt want any difference which would make the community argue!!! :D :LOL:

Interestingly, he said that R* have really got to grips with the PS3 now - and with the extra storage medium and HDD, I'd be interested to see what they can produce on PS3 in the future.

Whats this I have been hearing about an in game internet?

This game is gonna rock my socks.

Yea, and you can get emails too (within game - from characters I guess) - including spam!

You can also go online and 'buy' wallpapers and ringtones for your mobile phone.

Whats this I have been hearing about an in game internet?

GTAIV features its own game internet. There are internet cafes around liberty city called "TW@ Internet Cafe". You will have to research on the internet, check email, download ringtones etc etc to all be used within the game. Pretty cool.

Edit: Pboreham beat me to it.

Sounds brilliant, I'm a little concerned I have not pre ordered this anywhere.

Chances of walking into a shop on Tuesday and picking a copy up?

:LOL: Sounds amazing, but stuff like you can buy your own ringtones for you in game phone?! Fuck me, what kind of world do we live in :LOL:.

I am the same as Dags and pboreham, in that I've never been madly obsessed with GTA, and never completed one of them, got quite a way through Vice City, but no where near completion. But this should really rock, I read about the real life physics the other day and it sounds incredible. For example, a barrel will never explode the same way twice! :DD

go in the morning and you will have plenty of gta4's to choose from:-pp

Yeah, you'll be able to pick a copy up mate. Why don't you join me and Dags at your local ASDA at midnight though? :DD

Yeah, you'll be able to pick a copy up mate. Why don't you join me and Dags at your local ASDA at midnight though? :DD

SHUSH! Otherwise everybody will go to Asda and there'll be no copies left! ;))

Back
Top Bottom