GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

I know this question's been asked before, but what system will you be getting this game for? I am having a hard time deciding on this one. I'm looking at graphics framerate wise and online. Not sure if there will be any difference.
360 has the exclusive DLC ;)).

Just got back from ASDA and asked again.

Still no pre-orders allowed. Lots of enquiries. Stock will be sold from midnight Monday. Dont know when or how much stock is coming in.

Fucking lottery!

Hopefully all the kiddies will grab the 360 one and I will stroll up and collect my PS3 one (wearing my Sony Cap & T-Shirt of course :D)

Last edited:

OXM US Review

Party Mode - Invite up to 7 friends & play different online modes without ever losing them & having to send invite again.

11 Subdivisions to spawn in city
11 online ranks
Nearly 3 dozen race tracks
Call other team(s) on cell phone(even on Ranked matches)

Over 90 main story missions
Many stunt jumps are now goal oriented -Example- 1 stunt you have to land your car in the tunnel
50-100hrs long if you do all the main missions,side mission,stunt jumps, etc

The Verdict: 9.5

I am wondering how online will work in regards to headsets.

Will you just be able to hear all your teammates at once wherever they are on the map, or will you only be able to hear them in your vacinity.

I see the review mentions you can call the opposition thats cool.

Dear Stefano Scaglione,

Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly here!

Thank you for your order 2203213 for Grand Theft Auto IV. The highly anticipated GTA IV game is due to be with you on Tuesday 29th April. To make sure that we get this title to everyone who ordered it for release day we have had to start our picking and packing process earlier than we would for our normal pre-orders. As a result, we may look to authorise and charge your credit/debit card from tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Customer Service Team
Gameplay.co.uk

Re: Sony PlayStation 3

just letting people know, there is going to be a PS3 + GTAIV bundle priced at £300 released at the same day as the game. Im sure many of you know this already with those leaked pics.

The interesting thing is that its exclusive to 4 retailers (Zavvi, Argos/Toys 'r' us, Asda + Tesco). Really strange that HMV and GAME wont have them.

As a result, we may look to authorise and charge your credit/debit card from tomorrow.

Well its going round net forum at minute that is rather suspicious as they dont charge card until dispatch usually.

Im not sure if they are expecting something to happen or what just seems abit strange i know demand is high but there has been alot of other big titles that have not had this happen.

Halo 3 and MGS are both single platform though. GTA is a multiplatform world wide release with a huge anticipation. Half the people on EW I know don't even like Halo or MGS... but almost everyone is most definitely getting GTA. San Andreas sold over 22 million copies world wide!

Halo only sold about 9 million copies!

Last edited:

Halo 3 are all single platform though. GTA is a multiplatform world wide release.

Ye but Halo still sold in bucket loads regardless.

I see your point but its never happened on previous GTA from what i can remember sorry i might be looking at it to much but just seems kind of odd to me.

Last edited:

Whats the latest in Asia mate. I hoping play-asia start shipping thursday/friday.

To be honest I haven't even looked as I won't be buying it for my NTSC-J 360, leaving Singapore in a month or so and as yet have no idea where we'll be heading to........

Game and Gamestation are both doing it on their websites, proper box included.

just letting people know, there is going to be a PS3 + GTAIV bundle priced at £300 released at the same day as the game. Im sure many of you know this already with those leaked pics.

The interesting thing is that its exclusive to 4 retailers (Zavvi, Argos/Toys 'r' us, Asda + Tesco). Really strange that HMV and GAME wont have them.

Play are selling an XB360 Premium and GTA for 200, or 190 if you use the tenner off code. Now that is a very cheap GTAIV player!

My mate bought a 360 Pro with Mass Effect and GoW on Sunday for £200. I reckon he'd have went for the GTA version for £190 if he'd have known about it.

theres a game shop near me where they always sell games few days early but keep it on the low. i havn't even went to see if they'll be selling it early yet. can't get it til 8th of april, so its gonna be a very long wait for me :(

I've got about 4 pre-orders in now - and midnight ASDA to back me up! :LOL:

BlahDVD just replied to my email and they insist they have enough stock to fulfil all pre-orders to be delivered by release date... Hmmmm

lol- the saga of Jonneymendoza's travel arrangements blunders on......
but finishes to a hault has its been confirmed that i will be in zavvi megastore at 8:30am on the dot ready to purchase a shiny new game. btw tim that post at 6am wasnt random. it staes that we have 7 days till release

but finishes to a hault has its been confirmed that i will be in zavvi megastore at 8:30am on the dot ready to purchase a shiny new game. btw tim that post at 6am wasnt random. it staes that we have 7 days till release
Are you a tube driver?

Back
Top Bottom