GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

GTA should be a MMORG or whatever they're called. That would rule.

I think GTA IV will feature some crazy stuff wich will mark the videogames history. Every new GTA inovated and many games "copied" some features. Can´t wait.

I love a G.A.L version, where it was real life and you had to Get A Life, and a career... Prepping for your interview, going down the Job Centre. Going to your local garage to buy a crappy second hand Skoda.. Then going to Burger King and working your way up from Fryers to a burger flipper.. All the wile trying to get a girlfriend and getting razzed with your mates and getting barred from your local Roxy nightclub for puking in the Bogs..

I love a G.A.L version, where it was real life and you had to Get A Life, and a career... Prepping for your interview, going down the Job Centre. Going to your local garage to buy a crappy second hand Skoda.. Then going to Burger King and working your way up from Fryers to a burger flipper.. All the wile trying to get a girlfriend and getting razzed with your mates and getting barred from your local Roxy nightclub for puking in the Bogs..

:lol: :applause:

Why have a game like that, that is alot of people's lives..... Dont get the point to doing shite you could go and do in real life, hence the steal cars, shoot people and things, all stuff that is fantasy to 95% of the population.

Why have a game like that, that is alot of people's lives..... Dont get the point to doing shite you could go and do in real life, hence the steal cars, shoot people and things, all stuff that is fantasy to 95% of the population.

Come on it would be fantastic, an interactive Burger King, you could email your mate to swap shifts.. You could see how many ASBO's you could get before the bill come to your mum's house to nick you, you could collect the hidden chav jewellery and get a bonus upgrade when you get a full hand of gold Sovereign rings, to a slightly less ugly girlfriend but still with a bad muffin top, but has four kid's(all different dad's) so she gets a bit more income support so naturally you can use it to pimp your Skoda with some skirts and Bling Bling alloys off a stolen Seat your mate has!! :p
You could also see how many base ball caps you can get on your head and still get your 'Huddy' up in the local shopping centre...well ard!!

Come on it would be fantastic, an interactive Burger King, you could email your mate to swap shifts.. You could see how many ASBO's you could get before the bill come to your mum's house to nick you, you could collect the hidden chav jewellery and get a bonus upgrade when you get a full hand of gold Sovereign rings, to a slightly less ugly girlfriend but still with a bad muffin top, but has four kid's(all different dad's) so she gets a bit more income support so naturally you can use it to pimp your Skoda with some skirts and Bling Bling alloys off a stolen Seat your mate has!! :p
You could also see how many base ball caps you can get on your head and still get your 'Huddy' up in the local shopping centre...well ard!!

top joker:applause::lol::applause:

800x600_B5508A13CFC239F6BDD3A8C06AE30B44.jpg

:w00t:

This game just looks better & better all the time. I hope you can go into clothes' stores try on t-shirts & untuck them because I'm not buying it if you can't.

who said something about bad graphics? this just looks as good as any other 3rd person shooter i've seen so far...and it's got like 1000x the gameplay-depth...

can't imagine they will use anything pre-rendered or more detailled for their cut scenes. previous gta parts ued ingame engine for them aswell, if i recall correctly?

Yep, the models were the same in the cut scenes. I can't stop looking at this, the evolution we have seen in a decade is so fucking huge.

Speaking from experience? Only one in the know would know so much.

Anyway, the main thing I am excited about is New York setting! New York happens to be my favourite city in the world, and so can't wait to drive around New York City.
I hope its correct, as in every road in real life is there :w00t:

Speaking from experience? Only one in the know would know so much.

Anyway, the main thing I am excited about is New York setting! New York happens to be my favourite city in the world, and so can't wait to drive around New York City.
I hope its correct, as in every road in real life is there :w00t:

I doubt it is that detailed - Like in the 'Getaway' is that the name of it? - the English gangster one with the map of london.

There were many streets missing - was a bit dissapointing - But it can't be perfect.

I think there was some kind of stupid licensing reason as to why certain streets within London WERENT in the game Bobby... thats what I can remember reading. I really cant wait for GTA IV now :)

Taxi drivers would love it if it had the correct layout, can you image them playing the add on London pack to get "The Knowledge", Then bombing around once they have their licence GTA style.

Taxi drivers would love it if it had the correct layout, can you image them playing the add on London pack to get "The Knowledge", Then bombing around once they have their licence GTA style.

That would be top notch! :)

Yeah but a London Taxi sim would have to be realistic, you would (i) have to drive your passengers the longest possible route from a to b, (ii) have to magically "run out" of change when given a big pound note, (iii) have a 3 hour lunch break (while parked outside a busy location) while you stuff your face with 2 Burger Kings and 5 donughts all washed down with a tea with 10 sugars, (iv) whistle at anything that walks by in a skirt, sound the horn if they're under 35, (v) wizz through pedestrian crossings (ideally while people are trying to cross them) then honk loudly, gesticulate and curse at any pedestrians getting in your way as you dash off to the boozer.

A GTA London Taxi Sim has potential but I think overall it would get a bit repetitive, there is only so many times you can rip of some poor mug

No demo for Grand Theft Auto IV

It's no secret that around these parts, we love demos. In fact, we love them so much that when a game doesn't have a demo, we start to get a little nervous. "What are they hiding?" we wonder aloud, much to the chagrin of our friends and family. So you can imagine our disappointment when we read today that we shouldn't be expecting a demo for Rockstar's upcoming crime epic, Grand Theft Auto IV.

OK, so that doesn't necessarily have us worried about the quality (it is GTA after all), and their excuses for going sans demo do make sense. But will that stop us from being moderately grumpy for the next hour as a result? No. No it won't.

Was anyone actually thinking there would be a demo? I certainly wasn't, it's one of the few games that doesn't need one.

Back
Top Bottom