GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

It does exactly what Rockstar wanted it to do.

Suspense = Hype

I like it, nice music too.

I think it looks fantastic, but it's suspect the way that they're holding back on gameplay footage. I love what they've showed so far, even if it's nothing new. I like the atmosphere, I like the graphics, I like the idea. I just hope the controls aren't botched.

I really dont like it. Human models looks same with PS2 models, textures are not good as i thought. So, I lost all my desire about playing this game. Lets hope gameplay and story will be good.

Looks good to me, not sure what people were expecting, you want Mass Effect character models? Enjoy your New York City with 7 NPCs then ;)

I don't know, I really wasn't too hyped about the game after watching that. Not to dwell on graphics too much but damn man, too bad the models can't be better. It almost defeats the purpose of playing next-gen games!

Thought it looked quite good, wasnt expecting much from a gameplayviewing perspective. Some of the models do look dated when you compare them to other games (cars are basic, people arent anything special, the buildings also dont look especially detailed) but if they have this level and a huge immersive city (going in to all the buildings, or atleast the most, a lot of people, a lot of cars, good ai) coupled with the darker more realistic gaming it could be really good.

Although saying that the vids so far havent made me long for this game whatsoever. It could be great, or it could be the same, for me boring, game. There will be enough in the mean time.

GTA has never been about the high detail graphics, its about the level of depth within the game.

I thought the grpahics were pretty neat, in all fairness.

Really looking forward to it, hope the game doesnt let me down ala Saints Row etc.

Oh I thought Saints Row was a bloody gun fun next gen GTA-clone time killer, yes it lacked many things but it was the best sandbox game available at the time :)

Quite liked it myself. Graphics were a bit poo, it had some annoying moments but on the whole I liked it just as much as GTA games themselves.

I think GTA will comegood by the time release date arrives :) PS3 being set for march 08 for me :) should be the right time to get it as the games will start to flow

Trailer was okay, player models look a bit poor and certainly not what I'd expect from "next-gen" and a game that's been worked on so much. As long as the gameplay makes up for it, but the graphics do disappoint (and those weren't even in-game gameplay" shots)

Oh I thought Saints Row was a bloody gun fun next gen GTA-clone time killer, yes it lacked many things but it was the best sandbox game available at the time :)

Dont get me wrong it was a fair effort, however for me, it just lacked that quality of GTA titles.

I suppose i was looking for a dose of GTA following what I thought was a great San Andreas.

Dont get me wrong it was a fair effort, however for me, it just lacked that quality of GTA titles.

That sounds about right, it was to me about 70% of what GTA is, which still made it an enjoyable game, can't wait for GTA4, and I think it's looking good so far, you bunch of graphic whores!

Well it usin the Table Tennis engine and it looks great

first trailer...pretty much everyone was going total crazy about how good it looks. and now it is not up to par anymore? come on!

I just watched the trailer. I actually liked it :D 2 games i'm looking forward to so much, this and civilization revolution.

That explains your whole Gran Turismo the Ultimate Driving Simulator Post in the PGR4 thread.....

Also did that to be a bit annoying hoping for a big GT5/PGR battle:lmao: my brothers the big GT fan : im more into shoot em ups etc but the reason march 08 isnt for the games but the money:lol:

Back
Top Bottom