GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

Yeah i agree JB, it really does grate me when they do that.

I cant see it being released until Q4 at the earliest, i was kind of expecting that to happen.

I'm sure GTA IV will be immense, but I am concerned by the whole ultra-realism take. I do find it a little wierd that you can just walk around with a massive rocket launcher but if you make it too realistic wont it take something away from the game.

Im actually pleased by the new "realism" theyve added to the game. It gives the gameplay and decisions a lot more weight; shall I nick this car to quickly get to point B but make the area a lot more unsafe with the police on the look out or should I just take the subway? I think the whole "zones" where police will keep a look outt for you after the crime is really good. A lot better then the ps2 versions where you would just drive in to the sprayshop and be clean again.

Thats probably what made the game a bit boring for me (Ive only ever completed vice city and never finished III or S.A.), the "cartoonesque" way the game would go. Not having any consequences to your actions and the general feel of the game. The newer gritty, realistic approach looks really good in both gameplay and graphics to me.

With the latest games having a far more moral and weightier aspect to the gameplay (bioshock, mass effect) I think its a good oppertunity for GTA to become more mature and in a way become a more responsible and less shocking game. Walking around killing hookers will no longer be "for fun" as it will make the game harder and probably look a lot nastier aswell.

Hopefully the trailer will actually show something new and some gameplay.

As for the potential delay, would be a shame but if it makes the game run well on both consoles and not have stupid bugs it should be worth it.

Of course but it's taking the piss now. I'd rather they didn't set a date at the beginning, the other big games just say "ETA 2007" or whatever rather than OFFICIALLY announcing the date as October 19th 07, then March 08, and now if rumour is to be believed October 08... Just keep it to yourselves instead of getting our hopes up you bastards. No need.

Regretfully, this is what builds anticipation and hype for a game. Regardless of how pissed off we get, oddly enough we still want a taste of the goods!

Now in regards to this realism aspect that I am seeing you guys chat about, I think it is a great addition to the game. Even though it's going to be a year until that time, let's keep the judgement down until we actually see how they implement this into the game. That's what I am most curious about, implementation.

Most games that get hyped up to insane levels just end up disappointing because no game really can live up to such hype, except for the GTA series IMO, I've enjoyed every GTA, even SA which many people said they got bored with......

Special edition looks fucking sweet, if it's confirmed region free I might get the 360 version from Australia as it's gonna be banned in Singapore anyways (unless they implement their rating system by then)......

grand-theft-auto-iv-20071204051430348.jpg

It appears that Rockstar is starting to once again open the floodgates ever so slightly on what is now one of the most anticipated titles of 2008 – Grand Theft Auto IV. Not only will there be a new trailer, entitled 'Move Up Ladies' this Friday, we've also been given details about the Australian Special Edition.

Retailing for AU $149.95 (as compared to AU $119.95 for just the game), the Special Edition pack will contain the game, a metal lock box and key, the Grand Theft Auto IV artwork book, a Grand Theft Auto IV soundtrack CD and the limited edition black Rockstar duffle bag. Sounds good right? It also looks good, as you can see...

[sarcasm]Oh joy another trailer, cheers Rockstar.....[/sarcasm]

The Internet will collapse again.

Bit of a shit trailer really. I wish they would show some gameplay or give us a release date

Exactly what I was expecting, no point in it at all

Heads to US store to DL...

Back
Top Bottom