GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

This is going to sound really funking stupid, but about two weeks ago I had a dream in which it was delayed, man alive, I should of bet on it.

Take Two could be up for sale before anyone knows it, investors will defo be going thru squeaky bum time I reckon.

This is crazy 2 month before and they delay it just like everything else nowadays. No faith in dev's anymore NONE

How long will it take before the conspiracy theories come out and people blame the PS3 for the delay?

But seriously it isn't really bad news because this xmas there are too many games and in some ways that isn't a bad thing but when a lot of those games are very good games then it becomes a problem and people wont have time or money to play everything. So i see it as a good thing.

Last edited:

If the PS3 really is the problem then they would have released on the 360 anyway because R* need the money. The reality is that they are having problems with both.

Rockstar founder Sam Houser said in a statement, "The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

Some will say i'm defending the PS3 but someone's got to do it and in this case its justified IMO.

Last edited:

You don't need to defend anything, and we don't need to point the finger at anything specific. Bottom line is that the game isn't ready, that is all I need to hear.

Yeah, I don't think the game was running as they wanted it to on either console, maybe they are being a bit too ambitious and to get it working as they'd like they need the extra development time. :)

I'd also point out that on a few PS3 boards a lot of people are suggesting it's because they couldn't fit it on a DVD, so you get this from both sides. :p

Either way, hopefully I'll be playing an amazingly polished game come Q2 2008. :D

Yeah, I don't think the game was running as they wanted it to on either console, maybe they are being a bit too ambitious and to get it working as they'd like they need the extra development time. :)

I'd also point out that on a few PS3 boards a lot of people are suggesting it's because they couldn't fit it on a DVD, so you get this from both sides. :p

Either way, hopefully I'll be playing an amazingly polished game come Q2 2008. :D

ditto

peterthepirate.jpg

Latest news - Peter Moore to have arm cut off.

this blows dogs, it really does... basically it's going to be next April, probably even next summer... merde merde merde! :(

Its great News the game looked far from stable and with games like Mass Effect, Bioshock etc etc etc etc comming soon one less to buy and play.

I would rather play a finished "refined" product rather than a rushed out attempt at a next gen GTA. I support their decision to delay it.

Wow had to go on the third page to find this game.

GTA IV To Support 16-Person Multiplayer
GTA is not a series known for its multiplayer, having ditched the premise after GTA II, but it looks like Rockstar is giving it another go. According to GamingExcellence, the company said at a Sony event that they are aiming for 16-person multiplayer that's richer than simple deathmatch gameplay (here's hoping for a hot coffee mode at Starbucks). We assume that this mode will apply to both 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

Another interesting tidbit? The entire world may be unlocked from the start. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Will gamers lose incentive to keep playing? Thoughts?

This will be a cracker methinks. Although the GTA games usually bore me after a few days of play, I will defo get this if the multiplayer is good.

Why oh why don't they make it a MMO? It would be amazing!

Wow had to go on the third page to find this game.

GTA IV To Support 16-Person Multiplayer
GTA is not a series known for its multiplayer, having ditched the premise after GTA II, but it looks like Rockstar is giving it another go. According to GamingExcellence, the company said at a Sony event that they are aiming for 16-person multiplayer that's richer than simple deathmatch gameplay (here's hoping for a hot coffee mode at Starbucks). We assume that this mode will apply to both 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

Another interesting tidbit? The entire world may be unlocked from the start. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Will gamers lose incentive to keep playing? Thoughts?

Unlock from the start would be great, as I'm not a big fan of playing games like this all the way through, I hate the A,B,C format and the restrictions, I just like to pick it up and have a bash...

Who can get bored of GTA?

If i have had enough of the missions or killing people i go for a cruise :)

Back
Top Bottom