[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Tried Crossfire X.
What a garbage game ,I guess it's a military version of Fortnite or something.
If you're tempted ,don't!
Believe it or not, but I never even got through Terms and Conditions agreement.
Took me ages to scroll to the bottom just to get the "confirm" button, then another screen popped out, with more Terms and Conditions to scroll through..
I was like - nah, fuck this shit.
And I switched it off... :LOL:

Believe it or not, but I never even got through Terms and Conditions agreement.
Took me ages to scroll to the bottom just to get the "confirm" button, then another screen popped out, with more Terms and Conditions to scroll through..
I was like - nah, fuck this shit.
And I switched it off... :LOL:
Ha ha ,I almost packed it in there too.
It's rubbish ,I don't think you can aim down sight even ,just bounce around and shoot

Im surprised you're even installing them. Most of the games I try I just go through cloud. Saves time and space and works great. Finished 2 parts of Halo this way, onto the next one now.
Shooters (especially when on Xbox 2 I'm on WiFi for that one) works better when installed.
But yes ,when trying games out I do the same.
I think this one was 7gb so it took no time DL

@rockstrongo - did you know State of Decay 2 is supposed to get Next Gen graphics patch in the next week or two?
They outsourced the work to separate company who focused primarily on reworking all maps.
They are also adding other stuff, like Field of View slider.
I never got far during my initial playthrough as I was overwhelmed with the amount of games I had, but downloading it again now on series X.
Looks like its going to be a cracker of an update.

@rockstrongo - did you know State of Decay 2 is supposed to get Next Gen graphics patch in the next week or two?
They outsourced the work to separate company who focused primarily on reworking all maps.
They are also adding other stuff, like Field of View slider.
I never got far during my initial playthrough as I was overwhelmed with the amount of games I had, but downloading it again now on series X.
Looks like its going to be a cracker of an update.
Didn't know that Marty.
Thanks.
I don't think there's any game out there who got more love from it's publisher/Devs than SOD.
They been pushing content since it came out in 17-18.
Fantastic news buddy.
Guess it's time to team up and fuck up some zombies soon buddy.

One thing I would love is a single player experience ,just you alone trying to survive ,need to eat food (not just produce and automatically eat ) but scavenge for it for real.
Add that to what they got now ,and it would be amazing.
Create a community but be yourself in that community type of experience.

One thing I would love is a single player experience ,just you alone trying to survive ,need to eat food (not just produce and automatically eat ) but scavenge for it for real.
Add that to what they got now ,and it would be amazing.
Create a community but be yourself in that community type of experience
State of Decay 3 might be just that, looking at the teaser alone...

Playing Resident Evil 4 with the HD Project mod.

Best fan made remaster mod I've seen so far. They literally tracked down the source location of many textures and took pictures of it to recreate higher res textures and stayed true to the art style of the original game.

But the biggest improvement to me was the improved accurate lighting. All the light source emits light now and the character and environments are lit properly, so especially during gameplay the difference becomes apparent. Can't go back to the original unmodded game now due to how static the lighting looks.

Resident Evil 4   Biohazard 4 Screenshot 2022.02.10 - 03.40.25.43.png

Also love how the environment shadows cast on the models now.

Breakpoint and Wildlands.
After getting Breakpoint I saw Wildlands on sale for 15quid and just couldnt resist.
How did I miss those two games is beyond me.
Playing with no hub, on highest custom sim difficulty, they're most immersive tactical shooters I have played.
To mix it up - I play Breakpoint solo and Wildlands with AI team.
Wildlands world is more alive and "real", while Breakpoint feels more like Splinter Cell, where you infiltrate private property (in this case huge island), but both offer an amazing stealth/improvisation experience. Savage games.

I've been playing Elden Ring myself. I'm only 12 hours in and barely scratched the surface. It's a huge and exciting game! Loving it so far. Anyone else? Surprised there's not a thread on the first page.

I've been playing Elden Ring myself. I'm only 12 hours in and barely scratched the surface. It's a huge and exciting game! Loving it so far. Anyone else? Surprised there's not a thread on the first page.
It's 1,000% not my kind of game (the older I get, the less difficult I want my games to be outside of sports games) - but... Every time I see a post about it, or a video of it... I get an urge.

You should make a thread on it, I would but I feel like I have used up my "making a thread about games I won't actually play" quota.
I'm with Chris on this, I would like to check it out but ultimately I know it's not for me. And although many now call for accessibility in games, I just think that taking away the whole point of these games (overcoming grueling difficulty) would change them into entirely different games. So they shouldn't make these games easier IMO. I don't have to play every game out there. I don't have the bloody time anyway.
Says the man who spent over a hundred hours to finish Spelunky 2. Once.

I didnt get it only coz Im busy playing Breakpoint and Wildland, but its definetely on my list. Loved Dark Souls and thought it had one of the best fighting mechanisms in the industry.
Always wanted to see Dark Souls with bigger open world.
Also - always wanted to see some big ass multiplayer with similar systems. They were simple, intuitive and forced you to fight smart, not fast.
Even the random raids from other players were fun. However big level attacked you - you always had a chance if you fought smart.
So yeah - looking forward to this

And although many now call for accessibility in games, I just think that taking away the whole point of these games (overcoming grueling difficulty) would change them into entirely different games. So they shouldn't make these games easier IMO.
Yeah that makes sense, though it's worth saying – they did find a way to make this game "easier" than the Soulsborne games, by virtue of just giving you more options. So you can use a wide variety of magic spells and fight at range, you can just go off and explore and fight easier smaller mini bosses and level up, returning to the main path when you feel ready, you can even bypass some bosses entirely. So they gave people more options which makes it less daunting and frustrating as a whole.

How's your guyses' time/progress ratio? I'm currently Level 42@42 hours in (how very fitting). However, I haven't even met Margit yet. This game is gonna take me a million hours to complete at this pace. AND I LOVE IT.

Since MSFS hit Xcloud I'm speding my gaming hours on it on the PC even though I have the simulator installed there. I have tons of photogrammetry though and the thing is taking ages to load. (Old PC)

How's your guyses' time/progress ratio? I'm currently Level 42@42 hours in (how very fitting). However, I haven't even met Margit yet. This game is gonna take me a million hours to complete at this pace. AND I LOVE IT.
I think I'm at level 25 now and have maybe 18 hours or so in it, would have to check again. Could be off. I've not been able to play nearly as much as I've wanted to though.

Loving it still. I never bothered with Soulsborne games in the past, so I've had to learn the melee style and dodge roll timing, but now that it's clicked, I love that side of it too. I ended up beating the Tree Sentinel recently, which felt amazing in the end. Emboldened by that, I took on the boss you mentioned (though not spoiler code worthy imo haha!) and beat him by contrast much easier... That's only with strength 16, and I kinda wish I was less levelled for it. Or maybe I shouldn't have used Rogier and/or the spirit ashes summon.

Anyway, I mean to say that while the exploration is amazing, if you do end up going into the boss fights with high levels, maybe you'll find them less challenging and rewarding as a result. Something to keep in mind maybe! I'm sure the game will always find ways to kick your arse in any event though.

What kinds of build have people gone for? I started with a Confessor class and I have plans to level up Strength and Faith (a "paladin" style build), but I'm not totally sold on faith stuff yet.

Olli Olli World. Neat game. Took me a while to get the hang of it and I imagine it will become very hard indeed in the later stages. Discounted now on PSN.

Back
Top Bottom