[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

On game pass and I'm pretty much playing two games ,Kingdome come and PES ,neither on game pass...
But think I'll pick up some Skyrim and DL Enlisted and try it out.
Just a tip ,if on game pass and you haven't played Firewatch ,go do it (unless your a AAA guy and think anything else sucks) brilliant game.

other than that short journey… I played some more Brentford career in FIFA22 and drove some awesome online races in ACC!
driving in a league, even when it’s more of a loose one, really is fun! That chats, the discussions, the banter while racing… 😂
This is on PC right? How does it compare to GTSport?
I really want to get this game for Xbox as they are supposed to update it to next gen and don't know if my pc can handled it. But...big BUT.... I don't have a wheel, I get the whole sim thing with a controller is blasphemy and all that, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it with correct settings. I just enjoyed pc2 even more than fm7. And i really like gt3 cars.

This is on PC right? How does it compare to GTSport?
I really want to get this game for Xbox as they are supposed to update it to next gen and don't know if my pc can handled it. But...big BUT.... I don't have a wheel, I get the whole sim thing with a controller is blasphemy and all that, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it with correct settings. I just enjoyed pc2 even more than fm7. And i really like gt3 cars.
It is on PC for me now. I started on PS5 and quickly realized, what I wanted could only be done on PC.
ACC is good to drive with a gamepad but yeah, it’s night and day what you can get out of the Software when using appropriate hardware.
Feeling the car through my wheel is a super essential part of the whole experience. Otherwise its “just” gaming! 😉
Its a bit like VR, flat screen Is gaming, triples and better VR, are driving! 😉

all of it offers it’s unique benefits.
wait for the NG update and maybe a game pass release, not sure when, but give iit a try. It’s a great piece of software even when the console version is a bit behind update and content wise.

in regards to a GTS comparison; this thread wasn’t created for nothing…!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/this-game-ruined-gt-sport-for-me.398738/

what I had to say in may 2021:
I revisited GTS last night.
Loaded the Nordschleife to have a drive with the AMG Mercedes and I was hit hard... not by traffic or guardrails but from the gameplay itself.
Boy oh boy... when I first commented here I had a different feeling. Now, a few more weeks into sim racing (ACC), GTS now feels so freaking arcady! Really, I was driving like a madman, more rally style than GT3, and the game did not punish me for doing so. Cutting curbs, sliding, full throttle, full brakes, oversteer and understeer... I was all over the place and I am not enjoying this anymore (as I did before).

ACC really is what I like right now, getting to know more and more about Motorsport, about driving technics, about really driving a sports car!! I love it.

Sure, as GT is like a friend who’s with me for so long, I’ll buy GT7 for sure. But I think I’ve fallen for the real deal, aka SimRacing!
Just saying. You guys stay safe and have a good day!

Edit: never thought I’d say this, but what else can I do than being honest?! It’s just my personal preference atm! :) don’t wanna sound harsh.

5017E90B-A6CE-4525-B338-53DA855E6047.gif

Last edited:
Apart from HLL I started Halo.
Was never really interested in this game. Always thought it was just a multiplayer arcade shooter. Didnt even know it had a campaign. Got Masterchief collection from Gamepass and started the first one.
Even tho mechanics are dated (mass effect 1 vibe) - it actually holds up graphically and is not an eye sore.
Feels a bit like Mass Effect on steroids, without dating and chatting to everyone.
Enjoying it so far.

Aha ,i thought that was this game (the one they worked on for ages and still was half done when released)
I was ready to give CD Project Red my money no questions asked but the whole fiasco made me ask questions. I don't think I will even get the next gen version, I'd rather give them a few extra bob for the Witcher 3 upgrade. I got that one cheap anyway.

As to the topic, a bit of Driveclub yesterday, something about the driving that just feels nice? It's quite arcadey with default settings on, don't mind it at all. I hope Playstation actually makes that BC thing happen and include Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, IMO still the best Need for Speed. Happened to have the best version on Playstaton 2, which was probably unusual at the time.

I was ready to give CD Project Red my money no questions asked but the whole fiasco made me ask questions. I don't think I will even get the next gen version, I'd rather give them a few extra bob for the Witcher 3 upgrade. I got that one cheap anyway
I was super pumped up when Xbox had their showcase in 2018 and had K Reeves coming on presenting It ,but nope lost interest in that game when it came out and was half arsed.

Rather see a a new gen on Witcher as a priority

I was super pumped up when Xbox had their showcase in 2018 and had K Reeves coming on presenting It ,but nope lost interest in that game when it came out and was half arsed.

Yeah give us a new Witcher teaser this summer please! Of course the game would still somehow be 5 years off but it would be something.

Why this obsession with next gen? Is it all about fancy graphics now? Witcher 3 still looks glorious. Since they've upgraded their engine we've been introduced with several coding problems and restrictions. Pushing the limits graphics wise means less time to focus on gameplay.

Why this obsession with next gen? Is it all about fancy graphics now? Witcher 3 still looks glorious. Since they've upgraded their engine we've been introduced with several coding problems and restrictions. Pushing the limits graphics wise means less time to focus on gameplay.
Witcher 3 is also getting a DLC based on the series, so there's also that.
Game still looks great, but if it can look better, with faster loading times and smoother gameplay then why not?

Because I want to play it in 120 FPS for instance?
Better loading times?
Because we're in a new generation of console's?
Would you still be happy when you bought a Xbox One/PS4 and still be playing the 360/PS3 version?

It looks good ,but glorious?
Guess you'll be happy with FIFA 23 being a PS4 1080 version on 30 FPS instead of a 4k 60/120 FPS version?
That's why "obsession" with new gen.
Or why not revert your TV to 420p instead of 4k buddy

They are still making the Next Gen console versions.
There is no real NG version! It’s just a gfx update and some more gameplay elements. Real NG would take advantage of the ssd loading times and such… AI, crowd, RT…
at least that’s how I see it. There is no native version afaik. Could be wrong.

Because I want to play it in 120 FPS for instance?
Better loading times?
Because we're in a new generation of console's?
Would you still be happy when you bought a Xbox One/PS4 and still be playing the 360/PS3 version?

It looks good ,but glorious?
Guess you'll be happy with FIFA 23 being a PS4 1080 version on 30 FPS instead of a 4k 60/120 FPS version?
That's why "obsession" with new gen.
Or why not revert your TV to 420p instead of 4k buddy
I reckon you're confusing what I've posted. You're getting better loading times with PS4 games on PS5. You're also getting a better framerate and resolution without an engine game upgrade because of better RAM usage, ssd and cpu. I'm talking about the obsession of certain devs to deliver "next gen" graphics pushing to the limits engines that clearly have limitations resulting to half-baked products full of bugs.

I reckon you're confusing what I've posted. You're getting better loading times with PS4 games on PS5. You're also getting a better framerate and resolution without an engine game upgrade because of better RAM usage, ssd and cpu. I'm talking about the obsession of certain devs to deliver "next gen" graphics pushing to the limits engines that clearly have limitations resulting to half-baked products full of bugs.
Aha ,got it (from a Dev/company point of view)
On that , absolutely I agree!

Fair point well presented

Apart from HLL I started Halo.
Was never really interested in this game. Always thought it was just a multiplayer arcade shooter. Didnt even know it had a campaign. Got Masterchief collection from Gamepass and started the first one.
Even tho mechanics are dated (mass effect 1 vibe) - it actually holds up graphically and is not an eye sore.
Feels a bit like Mass Effect on steroids, without dating and chatting to everyone.
Enjoying it so far.
I played the master chef collection a few years ago ,solid!
Not a big fan of futuristic shooters ,but Halo is still the benchmark for most shooters.
Have you tried the new one (infinite?).

And by saying I don't like futuristic shooters ,i love Titanfall 2 ,go figure!

Not a big fan of futuristic shooters ,but Halo is still the benchmark for most shooters.
Have you tried the new one (infinite?).
I havent, no. Thats coz im working my way up in order.
I have to say - even tho I do see aged mechanics - there are also small things that I really like.
Like dead bodies staying on the map, having to pick enemy rifles due to ammo being gone fairly often, big robot yokes straight from avatar, where you have one enemy inside "driving", enemies AI and variety (rifles, melee, suicide bombers), ragdol physics..
There's a lot of things that seems to be quite modern for such an old game and they all add to immersion.
Its very much different from Hell Let Loose, but just coz I loved Pes back in the old days doesnt mean I didnt enjoy Sensible Soccer. Its kinda similar situation here.

I havent, no. Thats coz im working my way up in order.
I have to say - even tho I do see aged mechanics - there are also small things that I really like.
Like dead bodies staying on the map, having to pick enemy rifles due to ammo being gone fairly often, big robot yokes straight from avatar, where you have one enemy inside "driving", enemies AI and variety (rifles, melee, suicide bombers), ragdol physics..
There's a lot of things that seems to be quite modern for such an old game and they all add to immersion.
Its very much different from Hell Let Loose, but just coz I loved Pes back in the old days doesnt mean I didnt enjoy Sensible Soccer. Its kinda similar situation here.
Halo set so many standards for shooters ,really impressive.
I'm getting closer to DL and play it.(the new one)

I've been playing again some London 2012 lately after seeing "Underwater" (the documentary about Federica Pellegrini). I'm on a quest to have Rosa Gallo beat each and every world record she can (records that she had already set when I was playing on a regular basis, and records which now I need to be almost millisecond-perfect in timing to stand a chance to beat).
C'mon Rosa, you can do that. ❤️

There is one game I have been playing every day since very late last year... Wordle. Probably won't be able to stop until my winning run is broken.

Lake

A pearl of an indiegame, on gamepass right now.
You play a middle aged woman in 1986, who visits her hometown named Providence Oaks for two weeks to keep an eye on her parents house and doing temporary her father's job as a mailman.
So you spend your days delivering letters and parcels and meet old friends and new faces. At the end you have to decide to stay or go back in your old life. The game is so relaxing, and for me personally somehow wistful. Providence Oaks is a place I want to live. I knew after 5 minutes what my decision at the end of the game will be...

Beside that PES 2021 and NHL 2021.

Lake

A pearl of an indiegame, on gamepass right now.
You play a middle aged woman in 1986, who visits her hometown named Providence Oaks for two weeks to keep an eye on her parents house and doing temporary her father's job as a mailman.
So you spend your days delivering letters and parcels and meet old friends and new faces. At the end you have to decide to stay or go back in your old life. The game is so relaxing, and for me personally somehow wistful. Providence Oaks is a place I want to live. I knew after 5 minutes what my decision at the end of the game will be...

Beside that PES 2021 and NHL 2021.
I'm about to start playing that too mate.
If not played ,Edith Finch and Firewatch ,you'll love them!

Played them both. Firewatch is one of the best gaming experiences I ever had.
Just topped by some wtf moments in the first Life is strange.

Played them both. Firewatch is one of the best gaming experiences I ever had.
Just topped by some wtf moments in the first Life is strange.
Played LIS with my daughter ,brilliant game.
One game that surprised me is Omni ,really fun to play ,also game pass

Back
Top Bottom