[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Breakpoint mainly. Really enjoying it.

Tried MS Flight Simulator. Not for me. All nice and pretty, but I cant really see a point in it. Besides - I crashed into a mountain and there wasnt even any explosion. Disappointed.

Also - tried Green Hell. Now this looks like a cool game. Visiting Amazon was always on my bucket list, but at this stage I think this might be the only way Im ever gonna see it. Enjoying it, but its scary AF.

Breakpoint mainly. Really enjoying it.

Tried MS Flight Simulator. Not for me. All nice and pretty, but I cant really see a point in it. Besides - I crashed into a mountain and there wasnt even any explosion. Disappointed.

Also - tried Green Hell. Now this looks like a cool game. Visiting Amazon was always on my bucket list, but at this stage I think this might be the only way Im ever gonna see it. Enjoying it, but its scary AF.
You probably don't have any interest in flight simulators which is fine but saying you don't see a point in it it's strange.For me the satisfaction of landing the plane to an airport after a 2 or 3 hours flight is huge. Maybe start with the flight lessons and your interest will grow?
Does GT7 have any visual damage system? There's nothing happening when I crash my car at 200mph on a wall...

but saying you don't see a point in it it's strange.
Oh I can absolutely see a point from flight enthusiasts and relaxation point of view. Some people will love it and its very popular for a reason.
I was talking from my personal point of view. I find games like this boring, not relaxing. Thats why I only tried it last night, even tho I had it on Gamepass since September. I had a feeling its not a game for me and I was right.

Does GT7 have any visual damage system? There's nothing happening when I crash my car at 200mph on a wall...
It doesnt. And I dont play it.

Oh I can absolutely see a point from flight enthusiasts and relaxation point of view. Some people will love it and its very popular for a reason.
I was talking from my personal point of view. I find games like this boring, not relaxing. Thats why I only tried it last night, even tho I had it on Gamepass since September. I had a feeling its not a game for me and I was right.

It doesnt. And I dont play it.
Yes it can get boring when you just fly on the easy mode. I would still suggest to do some of the flight lessons, learn the ATC and some instruments, learn the basics of landing and then try the harder/realistic mode. From there you can put yourself in certain situations and create a somewhat role playing game while flying to places with real traffic both AI and other players.

Microsoft removed all aircraft damage after 9/11.
As people were using Flight Sim at the time to recreate it but crashing into other buildings.

Back to Fifa22 Pc.

And I have not enough time to play and finish all the games. Cyberpunk 2077, Kingdom Come Deliverence, AC Valhalla.... and so on.

I've been playing Green Hell recently.
I switched Sanity off. As far as voices in my head scared the crap out of me initially - they just became annoying after a while and didnt bring anything to the overal experience. To compensate I switched permadeath ON and turned off aiming circle. Playing on Survival mode for the moment and so far only made it to day 6. Infections were getting me every time.

Its a very good game, where even really good run can end in a split second.

My first small hunt

...and my first big hunt

Add Space Engineers to the list above.
Anyone tried it?
I was hungry for some space exploration game, but couldnt find one that would fully satisfy my needs.

Didnt want Mass Effect or Guardians of the Galaxy, coz there's a bit too much action there. Wanted something more realistic, lonely and peaceful, focused primarily on exploration. Maybe with some survival elements, npc threats and harsh conditions to overcome. Bit of crafting maybe..? Im very hard to please.. :LOL:

No Mans Sky is too childish for me. Fact that almost every planet has life and plants on it breaks the immersion for me. Add neverending grind to it. So that was scratched.

Elite Dangerous is a fantastic game. Love the space, love flying, love the mechanics. But the fact that you cant walk on the planets is almost a gamebreaker for me. Was waiting for Odyssey update to get back to it properly, but developers announced that they are abandoning further console development and will focus on PC only. So I will never get my space legs...

Then I found Space Engineers. Only played for an hour or so, but it looks like a really cool and complex game. Doesnt have many planets and star systems unfortunately, but the stuff you can do and build are much more advanced than I thought they will be. Plus physics are great in it.

So for the moment, to satisfy my "space exploration hunger", Im gonna have to play Engineers for on the ground building and Elite for deep space exploration.

Unless anyone has any other ideas..?

Elden Ring and some Elden Ring mixed with more Elden Ring.

Playing as a Vagabond. High health and strength. Cut through Magrit and Godric like butter. I'm super weak to magic though. The Moon Queen proved to be troublesome. Getting ready to go to Caelid. I heard that place was a nightmare. I'm properly leveled so we'll see how it goes. I was there but didn't really explore. Just fought one type of enemy to grind for the Clean Rot armor set.

No Mans Sky is too childish for me. Fact that almost every planet has life and plants on it breaks the immersion for me. Add neverending grind to it. So that was scratched
I have to take that back.
Gave NMS one last chance, this time on Survival Mode.
Wow - what a ride! Once I got through the initial frustrating and grinding missions and the space opened its door - Im having an absolute blast.
Survival seems to be affecting a lot in this game. Not only constant threat and calculating resources, but also the world around you.
Already found few planets that look like alien planets "supposed" to look - no life, just crystals and breathtaking scenery.
On survival im finding abandoned ships, abandoned sites, being attacked by space pirates.
Its a really great game. Yes, there is still grind there, but for someone who was looking for some space exploration and feeling of isolation - it hit the spot.
And Survival has added this very much needed challenge to it.

Had a run with the PS5 version of GTA5 and I enjoyed it.
And what’s not to enjoy?! This game aged well, imo. Its still fun for me to have some chaos unfolding in the city. Plus I still have 50% story to go (transfered my save last night).
60fps and upped graphics are nice.

Had a run with the PS5 version of GTA5 and I enjoyed it.
And what’s not to enjoy?! This game aged well, imo. Its still fun for me to have some chaos unfolding in the city. Plus I still have 50% story to go (transfered my save last night).
60fps and upped graphics are nice.
You'll also be able to post the same thing in 5-6 years time by just changing PS5 to PS6! 😜

Fifa22 on XSX and Total War Warhammer on my PC. I'm not really a fan of such a fantasy franchise but was watching a yt video with the 3rd one and tought the battles looking such brutal and heavy - I need this.
And yea, I have have absolutley no knowledge about the warhammer franchise. I begun a campaign with the greens (or whats the name in english?).

So, any tips are welcome. For example which faction the best to start. And so on...

Thanks guys!

Trying to play Crusader Kings 3.
Shiiiit ,that game is above my pay grade ,feel like I need a PhD to play it.
Other than that ,3rd season of NBA 2k Basketball just started ,played some older FIFA's (15-17) though I like them ,can't stand that twichty crack baby movement FIFA has ,it's so off-putting.

Trying to play Crusader Kings 3.
Its one of those games that it doesnt matter what screw up you make because thats part of the game and makes it interesting (well almost any screw up) and just experiment. You wont learn the game until a few playthroughs when you discover something new everytime.
Dont forget to do the tutorial with Ireland, it gives you the basics and then basically see where you can take the dynasty. Dont look at it as a civilization game of "I need to be on top or paint the map". Enjoy your good kings and follow through (or kill) the crappy ones.

Your son looked at you funny? Kill him
Your wife got mad you killed him? lock her up
Your brothers wife looked at you? marry her and lock up your brother then lock her up too
People not happy you're an alcoholic adulterer? modify your religion to make it acceptable
Then seduce the pope and murder him and become head of the papal state.

I was really surprised with this game (I could never get into EU4 or CK2 or HoI4 due to the learning curve), it was my top game in these 2 years of COVID.

Its one of those games that it doesnt matter what screw up you make because thats part of the game and makes it interesting (well almost any screw up) and just experiment. You wont learn the game until a few playthroughs when you discover something new everytime.
Dont forget to do the tutorial with Ireland, it gives you the basics and then basically see where you can take the dynasty. Dont look at it as a civilization game of "I need to be on top or paint the map". Enjoy your good kings and follow through (or kill) the crappy ones.

Your brothers wife looked at you? marry her and lock up your brother then lock her up too
People not happy you're an alcoholic adulterer? modify your religion to make it acceptable

I was really surprised with this game (I could never get into EU4 or CK2 or HoI4 due to the learning curve), it was my top game in these 2 years of COVID.
I will keep at it ,thanks buddy.

[...] (or kill) the crappy ones.

Because of this explanation above I was getting Xbox gamepass ultimate. And playing on my PC CK3.
And on my XSX a little bit UFC4.

CK3, previously I ignored games like this - a big map only graphic pop-ups, many letters need to read many many - but after I was reading this from el niche, I was watching gameplay viedeos on YT too.
And yea, I played the tutorial and learned a bit and now I mudered King Harold II from England, I was bouncing with the wife from my son in our bed's + one other afaire with a other women. My wife cought me by this affaire. I was excused by her and some moments later I had two daughters but one of these two kids was a bastard because I was cheating my wife. :LMAO:

Cricket 22.
Don't know why the fuck i did ,but I did.
Still more of a sim than Fifa ,though I have no clue about the rules ,enjoyed it.

Been really getting into FFVI Pixel Remaster this weekend. I never finished it and the last time I played it was over 10 years ago and got to the famous opera scene and just forgot about it.

The game is charming, so we'll paced and has an excellent but concise story that leaves you interested on finding out what happens next.

Before this I was trying to finish FFVII I which is such a chore to play through. Honestly, besides the GF micromanagement it's just tons of exposition where the characters are never saying anything interesting at all. Not to mention battles being a slog as the only way to beat enemies later in the game is to summon GF's and watch their repetetive animations over and over and over. I swear down, making modern JRPG's like FFVII Remake go down the action route is the best thing they ever done.

Reactions: DAV
Don't know why ,but I found my old Watch Dogs disc in a drawer the other day ,and I absolutely love that game ,picked up an old save (just played the intro on it)
I never played the first one but wondering if that one will be more up my alley, I played 2 & Legion & was turned right off by them.

2 was just cringe because of the excessive swearing & try hard edginess & Legion put me off because of the micromanagement up the arse overwhelmed me to the point it felt like a chore.

Is 1 a better game because of it's infancy in terms of mechanics and features compared to the later two? Does it have a better story? Pearce seems more like a more grounded and serious protaganist too and I like the idea of a basic revenge story than whatever preachy direction 2 was going on.

I never played the first one but wondering if that one will be more up my alley, I played 2 & Legion & was turned right off by them.

2 was just cringe because of the excessive swearing & try hard edginess & Legion put me off because of the micromanagement up the arse overwhelmed me to the point it felt like a chore.

Is 1 a better game because of it's infancy in terms of mechanics and features compared to the later two? Does it have a better story? Pearce seems more like a more grounded and serious protaganist too and I like the idea of a basic revenge story than whatever preachy direction 2 was going on.
I haven't played 2+3 , ut before starting this play through I checked out a lot of Watch Dogs 1 Vs newer ones ,and most people claims it to be the best one.

A lot darker ,better story and how the character evolves.

I played some of it like 4-5 years ago ,liked it then ,but have a hard time juggling a bunch of games.

I'd say it's a very good game ,very open and free (there is a main story of course but you can do that whenever)
Some bugs ,but not game breaking ,driving is pretty bad.

I like the vibe of the game ,dark and quite a cool character.
Yeah he's a very troubled guy (due to stuff happening in the game) and i like that ,not being rogue guy because it's how it should be ,but due to stuff happening.

You should find the game quite cheap somewhere Marlon.
If you buy it ,let me know.

Vs the other games

@rockstrongo yeah I liked the idea of playing as a conflicted protaganist who's not exactly valiant & noble but rather has his reasoning for doing bad things.

I do recall seeing the driving from videos back in the day& realised then that it looked bad. Hopefully it doesn't make up as much of the game as the latest ones.

I think there's a mod for PC that restores the visuals to what they were in that famous E3 trailer, I remember the controvosy of the game either rbeing downgraded or the trailer being a bullshot.

@rockstrongo yeah I liked the idea of playing as a conflicted protaganist who's not exactly valiant & noble but rather has his reasoning for doing bad things.

I do recall seeing the driving from videos back in the day& realised then that it looked bad. Hopefully it doesn't make up as much of the game as the latest ones.

I think there's a mod for PC that restores the visuals to what they were in that famous E3 trailer, I remember the controvosy of the game either rbeing downgraded or the trailer being a bullshot.
Driving isnt a major thing story wise.
Yeah That downgrade was a real scam.
I'm pretty ok with the graphics ,looks like a Xbox 1 game and that's quite fine.

Might get it digitally for my Series s and go 60 fps

Driving isnt a major thing story wise.
Yeah That downgrade was a real scam.
I'm pretty ok with the graphics ,looks like a Xbox 1 game and that's quite fine.

Might get it digitally for my Series s and go 60 fps
I picked it up last night on PC for £5. Maybe it's because it's 8 years old & I can play it in ultra 4k but the vanilla game looks stunning on PC. Or maybe I'm just older & don't care so about graphics like I used to.

Played the first hour & I like what I've experienced so far. The game establishes the basic story quite quickly so I think "cool, I know exactly why my character is here and I'm in."

The animations in this game are fantastic, the controls aren't too complex and overwhelming compared to 2 & 3 and the game has this real cinematic feel to it that makes it very immersive.

I kind of like Aiden Pearce so far, his dry, cynical witty persona reminds me of a less pretentious Max Payne.

I picked it up last night on PC for £5. Maybe it's because it's 8 years old & I can play it in ultra 4k but the vanilla game looks stunning on PC. Or maybe I'm just older & don't care so about graphics like I used to.

Played the first hour & I like what I've experienced so far. The game establishes the basic story quite quickly so I think "cool, I know exactly why my character is here and I'm in."

The animations in this game are fantastic, the controls aren't too complex and overwhelming compared to 2 & 3 and the game has this real cinematic feel to it that makes it very immersive.

I kind of like Aiden Pearce so far, his dry, cynical witty persona reminds me of a less pretentious Max Payne.
Nice to hear buddy ,I'm not that far in either ,think I'm on the 5th/6th main mission (back stage pass).
Been doing loads of side missions

He grows a lot as a character in this game ,think it's a really underated game.
Was a bit tough to pick up again since i hardly remember what to do etc ,but I caught on after a while.

Graphics on my X is pretty good ,don't crave more from a 2014 game ,and like you say ,good control scheme ,think it's pretty tight.
Hope you'll keep enjoying it mate!
Feel free to share any tips or questions etc

After upgrading the PC I've started Cyberpunk 2077 again as Corpo this time. I don't care that much about graphics but it's really impressive how this one looks and plays on PC, everything maxed out. I still treat this one as a more open Deus Ex game and I'm having a blast.
Also playing a lot of MLB The Show 22 on Xcloud. I wasn't impressed by 21 and I was still playing 20 version on PS4 but this one is solid. Come on Sony, if we make an agreement that we'll just partially mod this game will you bring it on PC? Please? 😜

Back
Top Bottom