[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

I got also a Raspberry + Scanlines generator, and Batocera installed.
Just that O.S. looks a bit more solid for a Raspberry 3B+ than Recalbox, and the mix with one filter + the Scanlines generator makes the game looks prefect, like the good old school games played on the TV i gotted with square pixels, but even more polished with by far less squared pixels (i didn't got an "Honeycomb pixel" TV so, more like a CRT. The graphisms looked a bit different but there was scanlines so)
I didn't tried the new Recalbox btw. Batocera have some flaws like saving configurations and less maleable, but the games seems to turn faster.

Except some big squares you can do anything about it, but whatever.
An exemple on SMW2 : on the menu you got moutains turning, they got very big separated lines with a big gap between them....
But in game, so the most important, it's perfect as hell.

I got also a Raspberry + Scanlines generator, and Batocera installed.
Just that O.S. looks a bit more solid for a Raspberry 3B+ than Recalbox, and the mix with one filter + the Scanlines generator makes the game looks prefect, like the good old school games played on the TV i gotted with square pixels, but even more polished with by far less squared pixels (i didn't got an "Honeycomb pixel" TV so, more like a CRT. The graphisms looked a bit different but there was scanlines so)
I didn't tried the new Recalbox btw. Batocera have some flaws like saving configurations and less maleable, but the games seems to turn faster.

Except some big squares you can do anything about it, but whatever.
An exemple on SMW2 : on the menu you got moutains turning, they got very big separated lines with a big gap between them....
But in game, so the most important, it's perfect as hell.
oh those raspberries are so nice. i have one at home for various experiments! :D
its amazing what you can do with it! i love that project as it is; great to get young people involved and interested in more than just using a graphical UI!

Yes except that i'm 39 lol, but i see so much young people playing and having fun and founding it "hard"
I was a fan of Ghost'n'Globins/Ghoulsn't n'Ghost series, and there's some funs vids showing youths trying it.
Well the 1st (Globlins) was way more harder, and i'm used to ennemies patterns...

Aswell as R-Type, two of the most "difficult" game from that time. I watched a whole day those vids :LOL:

That's why i'm a big fan of From Software or Soul's like (Nioh) games : i retrieved a feeling that i didn't got in terms of gameplay since that time!
Mention special to Bloodborne, my favourite PS4 game, with that super artistical design. On a Pro with the boost and the other rendering that eliminates aliasing, it's a damn super game. Unfortunately, there's no 60fps patch, and i saw someone has done it for PS4 modded, it was just, Wow.

I hope one day PC or Xbox gamer will have access to take game from a remaster or whatever.
But i suggest, for the people not use to that Die and Retry in 3D type of game to start with Dark Souls 3, it's the more accessible, that doesn't means that it's easy. Don't worry about the story it's a synthesis of the 1 and the 3 (Dark Souls 2 is a bit like a "cross-over" and not really linked with the 1 and 3 > not the same Artistical Direction neither Level Design form the genius Miyazaki)

There's some small reference to the 1st but more visually. Sekiro is another gameplay.
Nioh (excellent game, the hardest to have the same "die and retry" system but it's a totally different feeling, there's a lot of Ninja Gaiden on it.

I've been working through the Metal Gear Solids.
Currently playing MGS3 from the HD Collection (MGS3: Subsistence, IIRC).
A phenomenal game that holds up extremely well still.

I'm debating whether to do Peace Walker or MGS4 next. PW would be easier, but the game is apparently possibly very tedious if you are playing it single-player, which I am.

F1 2020 (wanted to get 2021 but read reviews that claim 2020 has better physics/mechanics etc)
The MyTeam mode really scratches the Master League itch when you need a break from football. Enjoying it a lot.
Not even a formula 1 fan lol, still fun though.

I've been working through the Metal Gear Solids.
Currently playing MGS3 from the HD Collection (MGS3: Subsistence, IIRC).
A phenomenal game that holds up extremely well still.

I'm debating whether to do Peace Walker or MGS4 next. PW would be easier, but the game is apparently possibly very tedious if you are playing it single-player, which I am.
aawwwhhh man, you just took me back for a few seconds! thanks! :APPLAUD: ...and enjoy!
MGS part 1, 2 and 3 i loved so endlessly!!

all i've been playing all these days and weeks is... SURPRISE... FIFA22! :LOL: some sim racing at the later hours of a day (i need my training fix)! but really, this FIFA game got my hooked badly! :D
chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

Last edited:
aawwwhhh man, you just took me back for a few seconds! thanks! :APPLAUD: ...and enjoy!
MGS part 1, 2 and 3 i loved so endlessly!!

all i've been playing all these days and weeks is... SURPRISE... FIFA22! :LOL: some sim racing at the later hours of a day (i need my training fix)! but really, this FIFA game got my hooked badly! :D
chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

Have you played the rest? I'm enjoying Peace Walker and MGS4, but it does feel like something is missing.

I remember MGS3 went a bit under the radar at launch, cuz people didn't like MGS2. It's a shame, cuz it's a fantastic game still.

Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5. The more I play of this game the more impressed I am. It doesn't hurt that I am a big fan of the comics origins. I have actually been sort of hooked on it for a couple of days.

Have you played the rest? I'm enjoying Peace Walker and MGS4, but it does feel like something is missing.

I remember MGS3 went a bit under the radar at launch, cuz people didn't like MGS2. It's a shame, cuz it's a fantastic game still.
absolutly! but as you say... the latter titles are missing something. "the soul" of the games got a bit lost i'd say.
Snake Eater i played a lot, maybe even more than 1 and 2.

House of Ashes for me..
It is part of the Dark Chronicles Anthology - So same as Until Dawn, Man of Medan and Little Hope.

I play the co-op with a mate and it is the best one of the series so far, but quite a long way.
Man of Medan was complete rubbish.
Little Hope was much better and had it's moments, although could of been better.
House of Ashes is easily the best of the new games so far, although not quite as good as Until Dawn.

I would recommend playing them with a mate, as they are quite fun playing together and especially since they are so cheap when on sale.

Yes it is incas36! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 release should be next year on april. :BOUNCE:
I'm waiting anxiously this new release.
Shadow of Chernobyl is the best of the trilogy (IMHO) even if is a very old. game. With advanced mods (autumn aurora 2) or the basic ones (Zone Reclamation Project) it's even better then modern AAA games. In 2007 this game can boast the famous A-Life routine. Very good old/actual game.

It's one of the rare cases it went beyond the expectations, at least for me. It's generally so damn hard to give one of the most legendary and well established characters of a franchise a good, past backstory, but the way they did it.. yeah incredible. It's a classic and a favourite for countless people of that generation, me included of course.. words can't make justice to the love I have for Mgs3.

Honestly I think Mgs2 is also a fantastic game and I hardly ever understood people disappointed at the time cause "you don't play Solid Snake" (which was the main cause).. or, to better say, I can understand it for the first one, two hours of game, but past that you have another incredible classic from any point of view (art, gameplay, story, philosophy).. of course you are free to dislike it if it's generally not your thing, but if by the end of the game you are still thinking about SS I don't know, looks to me like you can't see the woods for the trees.

Anyway I agree with you that Mgs 4 and the sequent chapters lacked something. I enjoyed and loved them all anyway, at least the main ones (yes, half done MGS V too), but it's quite evident that the peak was Snake Eater. Iirc Kojima once said that with Mgs 2 he felt like he already said all he wanted to say, so I guess that past that enormous 3 masterpiece, which was a bit a thing of its own, the decline isn't so strange.

MGS 3 was like, a PS3 game on PS2. But i remember having tried to start it, but it was too hard to me (some said that it was easy, but i got hard with infiltrations games i think)
I ended the 2, played a bit the 1st without finishing it but i watched my best friend playing it. I sold my PS1 one year after buying it so... I played in other people house lol, everyone gotted a PS1.

Also played tons of PS1 games when i gotted my PS2 as it was retro-compatible. Well not all, but at least the best game or Resident Evil like, or point'n'click (Discworld, Broken Sword etc.)
Neither the 1st Resident Evil, but i ended the 2 and the 3 when i get my PS2.

Talking about watching others people playing and advancing, only giving some advice : i did it for hours. Friends asked me "do you want to try?" often i said not thanks. I loved watching and observing what was the pattern of the ennemy, or how to win it.
But i remember about Broken Sword : my friend directed the arrow, but we both searched how to resolve mystery and advance in adventure. It wasn't like giving advice, but playing together.

Well, as i'm O.T., i gotted GOW PS4, and never opened it. I saw the differences between PS4 version and PS5 : it was like a transformed game, a remaster practically.

So now, i'm playing GOW, it's outshining graphically (on PS5)
Also Tekken 7, i was pretty good on the 3 to the 5 but i've lost it lol. For 3D gameplay Fighting games, the game really worth it.
I got Guilty Gear XRD Revelator, 2D gameplay which have fantastic design, but FFS it's not that i found it hard to play, but it's... Weird. Like if every different moves : i mean simple punch/kick are like special moves, if you already tried that game.

I wished that KOF and Samurai Shodown take the exact same "jap anime" style, but no unfortunately. Sad because it's as it totally fits with King Of Fighter design. Don't you think it would have been better? I'm a BIG Samurai Shodown fan, i finished every Neo Geo version but not the PS2 version (i've buyed it but filters are shit and pixels to big) and KOF fan so :

I heard that there will be Guilty Gear Strive and thinked it was impossible to do better in terms of design and overall graphism. I was wrong. The change of stage after a big strike is very well thinked, it's on PS5 and perhaps Xbox S/X.

Last edited:
Playing RDR2 and recently I started killing and eating every animal on sight. Ate 24 deers and some crocodiles yesterday and my protagonist became thic.

I think karma is hitting me back for killing every animal on sight, and murdering and robbing the whole map.

Suffering from diarrhea for past few days now.

Age of Empires 4 with game pass for 1€.
How is it? I've been trying to get into RTS games as I used to really enjoy them, haven't really been into one since Company of heroes 1.

Been Thinking the last days about giving this a try or halo wars 2 or homeworld deserts kharhak all which I own/gamepass

Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5. The more I play of this game the more impressed I am. It doesn't hurt that I am a big fan of the comics origins. I have actually been sort of hooked on it for a couple of days.

I've read somewhere that this game is "Uncharted in space", which really interests me, since I love the Uncharted games.

I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus, PS4 remake.

I had played this back on the PS2 era at launch (I was a big fan of ICO), and it remains an absolute delight to me. One of my favorite games of all time, without a shadow (heh) of a doubt.

It's not a game for everyone, but there's really nothing else quite like it.

Back
Top Bottom