[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

100% recommend now. Just defeated first God. Jesus Christ - didnt sweat that much since Dark Souls.. The thought of each death bringing you step closer to permadeath is adding some pressure there...
I actually started this not long ago in gamepass ( just the first 20 min with the first combat sequence) and was very pleasantly surprised by it. Just started it but will keep going at it as I think it's short and I enjoy short games. The voices are a nice touch but damn they can be obnoxious sometimes

Will put automata on hold for now

So there's permadeath?
Sort of. Every time you fall - Darkness consumes you a bit more. I dont know how long it lasts (which adds another uncertainty), but when you get to a point - you are gone and loose all your progress
No tutorial, no map, no hud, no "lives" - all you have is voices in your head. They really put some work to make you feel paranoid.

"Hellblade".
What a crazy ride that game is!
It kinda went under the radar.
I loved Heavenly Sword but this just seemed... weird, so I never gave it a chance. And it is weird. But in most frightening, insane and fresh approach.
Only had half an hour to try it so far, but with headphones - voices in Senua's head are just unbelievable experience.
@rockstrongo - if you missed that game - give it a go. Atmospheric as fuck!
Thanks for recommending this. Started the download several minutes ago. ☺️

MSFS2020... that piece of software calms me down, when i fly somewhere, before going to bed! :D

Most of my free time (thats part 1) these days is consumed by working (expanding) on the cockpit (the hardware part) and setting up stuff like the wheel base, the games themselves and tinkering with minor settings to make the whole expirience even better. Part 2 is actually racing (using the sims i own), tinkering with mods and expansions in those sims, learning to be a mechanic (getting the setups "right") and learning how to become a better driver. the latter includes watching and reading hours of helpful topic related material... i learn a lot; its awesome!

so after some sim racing (2-4 hours, with practice and quali), this really is focused driving that challanges me to be awake and thinking, i need something to balance that out before going to bed. :D in the past i went straight from the cockpit to the toothbrush and to bed... but my mind still was sitting in the cockpit... :D

so to calm myself down a bit, after a hectic day as a professional motorsport driver ( :LOL: ) i do the following:
i pick a random place to depart, somewhere on the globe, hop into a Cessna 172, set the weather to live and off we go.
beautiful places i've seen, heavy winds i've fought, shabby landings i've accomplished... :D
a couple of minutes above the skys and i'm ready to check into bedtime, Terminal 1, Gate 3...

Last edited:
Skyrim with mods.. oh my god, what an adventure!

Apart from obvious graphic enhancements, new weather system (seasons), I got overhauled combat and archery, more blood, gore and kill moves, proper ragdoll physics, immersive movements (more weight to characters, staggering, realistic walk and run).

But the best part of it - I turned the whole game into survival sim. I need to eat, drink, sleep, I have to watch for weather exposure as I can get hypothermia, can craft campfire, gather wood, track/kill/dress/skin/butcher animals and refill waterskins from rivers and wells.

This, along with Alternative Life mod, which gives you completely different start and story (I picked shipwreck survivor, where I had to actually escape sinking ship), created a brand new, fresh and amazing experience.

Always wanted Elder Scrolls to be more realistic and focused on survival aspects a bit more and these mods have delivered. Gaming community is brilliant!

1st person or 3rd person cam?
I had no clue you could set up your 3rd person cam completely how you you want it (no mod).
I only have the last mission left ,kill Alduin ,loved every minute of it.
@Emroth

1st person or 3rd person cam?
I had no clue you could set up your 3rd person cam completely how you you want it (no mod).
I only have the last mission left ,kill Alduin ,loved every minute of it.
@Emroth
Usually first person for immersion. Was playing Dayz the same way. But I switch between them depending on situation. For example - it was an absolute cunt to reverse a car on FPP camera in Dayz.
Similar here. Sometimes when I move around or look for a better path I switch to Third Person. Melee combat also feels better on Third (but archery on First).
I never really played Skyrim much. The whole story of the dragonborn, which I felt was a bit "forced" on you, was not really my cup of tea.
I always wanted just to go into the wild and explore.
Mods gave me that. I also installed complete overhaul of NPC's behaviour/relations and realistic/immersive dialogs.
So I dont hear "Oh... its a Dragonborn" bollox anymore, just normal conversations, which adds another layer of realism there.

Usually first person for immersion. Was playing Dayz the same way. But I switch between them depending on situation. For example - it was an absolute cunt to reverse a car on FPP camera in Dayz.
Similar here. Sometimes when I move around or look for a better path I switch to Third Person. Melee combat also feels better on Third (but archery on First).
I never really played Skyrim much. The whole story of the dragonborn, which I felt was a bit "forced" on you, was not really my cup of tea.
I always wanted just to go into the wild and explore.
Mods gave me that. I also installed complete overhaul of NPC's behaviour/relations and realistic/immersive dialogs.
So I dont hear "Oh... its a Dragonborn" bollox anymore, just normal conversations, which adds another layer of realism there.
I played the story ,10 years after the game was released (this year pretty much) but I also just walked around for probably 100+ hrs doing nothing.
Love it.
I'm very tempted to restart it just because I've installed mods now ,so getting all the updated graphics etc would be fun.
I played it on 1st person at least 95%
Still a few bugs around ,mainly two (my mission Vs Alduin can be a bug) and the "get inside the vampires castle"
But it's a top game for me

Still a few bugs around ,mainly two (my mission Vs Alduin can be a bug) and the "get inside the vampires castle"
There's this massive "unofficial patch mod", which basically fixes all the bugs in the game.
But yeah - graphic/weather/water mods are amazing.
I absolutely love that there's such variety of mods there. You can completely change the game to suit yourself.
If you like action packed hack and slash - here you go. If you are survival/realistic weirdo like emroth - here you go.

Some people love to fight dragons, while others spent last few hours of playthrough looking for woodcutter axe (still havent found one) :LOL:

There's this massive "unofficial patch mod", which basically fixes all the bugs in the game.
But yeah - graphic/weather/water mods are amazing.
I absolutely love that there's such variety of mods there. You can completely change the game to suit yourself.
If you like action packed hack and slash - here you go. If you are survival/realistic weirdo like emroth - here you go.

Some people love to fight dragons, while others spent last few hours of playthrough looking for woodcutter axe (still havent found one) :LOL:
The woodcutter axe on that island? (Can't remember the name of it)
Solsteim!

Apart from obvious graphic enhancements, new weather system (seasons), I got overhauled combat and archery, more blood, gore and kill moves, proper ragdoll physics, immersive movements (more weight to characters, staggering, realistic walk and run).

But the best part of it - I turned the whole game into survival sim. I need to eat, drink, sleep, I have to watch for weather exposure as I can get hypothermia, can craft campfire, gather wood, track/kill/dress/skin/butcher animals and refill waterskins from rivers and wells.

This, along with Alternative Life mod, which gives you completely different start and story (I picked shipwreck survivor, where I had to actually escape sinking ship), created a brand new, fresh and amazing experience.

Always wanted Elder Scrolls to be more realistic and focused on survival aspects a bit more and these mods have delivered. Gaming community is brilliant!

Just getting into Skyrim modding? It's a seemingly endless journey, but a fulfilling one.

Survival mods are a fantastic choice. They're one of the first things I download whenever I replay Skyrim. A lot of people find such mechanics to be tedious and a hindrance, but I revel in it. For one, Skyrim is a very harsh environment to traverse, or at least it should be. You're gallivanting through snow storms as if it's spring time in Hawaii in vanilla Skyrim. It feels like you're going on a mini-adventure when you have to sport a heavy cloak to keep warm and camping kit to protect you from the elements (limiting yourself from fast-travel also goes a long way). Food, drink, and inns become much more relevant when they're a necessity (duh). I'm also a big fan of systems heavy games, so there's that.

Mods rectify so many issues with vanilla with overhaul perks, magic, combat, NPCs, graphical fidelity, the list goes on and on. My mod order is in the hundreds and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I utilize the same style as you and I imagine countless others when it comes to Elder Scrolls. I've clocked hundreds of hours into Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim and I've never beaten the main story line. Wandering off and forging your own path is much more enjoyable which is why Alternative Start is such a great mod. With that said, I would like to play through the Dawnguard DLC at some point.

I went to town re-downloading a slew of mods for Skyrim only to boot up Oblivion and play through that for the umpteenth time instead. There's just something about Morrowind and Oblivion. Not to mention, the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and even the Mage Guild quest lines are fantastic. Skyrim doesn't hold a candle to Oblivion's guild quests.

As an aside, I could listen to Jeremy Soule's various soundtracks until the end of time.

Like a warm blanket.

Have you guys heard of Skyblivion? It's been in development for eons and has a lot of talented people working on it. Lord knows when it'll be finished, but I couldn't be more excited.

Survival mods are a fantastic choice. They're one of the first things I download whenever I replay Skyrim. A lot of people find such mechanics to be tedious and a hindrance, but I revel in it
Same here. To be honest - I didnt even know there are mods like that. I found a clip on youtube how you can mod Skyrim to bits on Xbox and someone mentioned proper survival mode. They had me at hello there.
I always wanted something like this on Eder Scrolls and Red Dead Redemption. Very shallow, sometimes non-existent survival element were putting me off these games all the time.
Now, like you said - North is really scary and I ran south as fast as I could, to prepare for a journey back when Im ready. Crafting finally makes sense and is useful, not only to pimp your weapons, but to eat, sleep and survive. Building my first bed in the wild and crafting my own bow and arrows is much more rewarding than some magical armor for me.
Also love the relief, when drenched and sick you see a farmhouse in the distance and you know you can rest, dry your clothes and get warm inside.
This, for me, is what a game like this should be about.

Just getting into Skyrim modding? It's a seemingly endless journey, but a fulfilling one.

Survival mods are a fantastic choice. They're one of the first things I download whenever I replay Skyrim. A lot of people find such mechanics to be tedious and a hindrance, but I revel in it. For one, Skyrim is a very harsh environment to traverse, or at least it should be. You're gallivanting through snow storms as if it's spring time in Hawaii in vanilla Skyrim. It feels like you're going on a mini-adventure when you have to sport a heavy cloak to keep warm and camping kit to protect you from the elements (limiting yourself from fast-travel also goes a long way). Food, drink, and inns become much more relevant when they're a necessity (duh). I'm also a big fan of systems heavy games, so there's that.

Mods rectify so many issues with vanilla with overhaul perks, magic, combat, NPCs, graphical fidelity, the list goes on and on. My mod order is in the hundreds and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I utilize the same style as you and I imagine countless others when it comes to Elder Scrolls. I've clocked hundreds of hours into Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim and I've never beaten the main story line. Wandering off and forging your own path is much more enjoyable which is why Alternative Start is such a great mod. With that said, I would like to play through the Dawnguard DLC at some point.

I went to town re-downloading a slew of mods for Skyrim only to boot up Oblivion and play through that for the umpteenth time instead. There's just something about Morrowind and Oblivion. Not to mention, the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and even the Mage Guild quest lines are fantastic. Skyrim doesn't hold a candle to Oblivion's guild quests.

As an aside, I could listen to Jeremy Soule's various soundtracks until the end of time.

Like a warm blanket.

Have you guys heard of Skyblivion? It's been in development for eons and has a lot of talented people working on it. Lord knows when it'll be finished, but I couldn't be more excited.

That Skyblivion wets my pants massively

knowing how you enjoyed similar games (DayZ for example) with those ingredients... i am happy for you M! enjoy!

Wandering off and forging your own path is much more enjoyable which is why Alternative Start is such a great mod
I cant stop playing this.. its one of the most enjoyable experiences I had in the last 10 years of gaming..
Havent fast travelled once. Dont have a horse, even though I could easily buy few. Not even running around, just walking..

Added few mods like "dirt and blood", which makes your character visibly dirty with blood stains after each battle. My character looks like a proper shady adventurer. Also added more graphic improvements and lush overhaul and the game looks stunning.. one of the nicest I ever played.

Pimped ragdoll physics along with wildcat combat mode makes each battle feel so fluid and intense.

And the fact that I need to watch for storms/snow, plan my journey, camp through bad weather and rest - makes it so immersive.

Can see myself sinking hundreds of hour into this.

I cant stop playing this.. its one of the most enjoyable experiences I had in the last 10 years of gaming..
Havent fast travelled once. Dont have a horse, even though I could easily buy few. Not even running around, just walking..

Added few mods like "dirt and blood", which makes your character visibly dirty with blood stains after each battle. My character looks like a proper shady adventurer. Also added more graphic improvements and lush overhaul and the game looks stunning.. one of the nicest I ever played.

Pimped ragdoll physics along with wildcat combat mode makes each battle feel so fluid and intense.

And the fact that I need to watch for storms/snow, plan my journey, camp through bad weather and rest - makes it so immersive.

When and if you got the time buddy ,feel free to list your mods you've DL ,in order if possible.
I'm tempted to do a restart of this game.
Glad you love it ,my Skyrim (first time this year) was really great ,though completely vanilla

When and if you got the time buddy ,feel free to list your mods you've DL ,in order if possible.
I'm tempted to do a restart of this game.
Glad you love it ,my Skyrim (first time this year) was really great ,though completely vanilla
I'll take pics of all the mods in a short while and send them via pm. Did some research before downloading them all. You'll love it. ;)

I cant stop playing this..

I'll take pics of all the mods in a short while and send them via pm. Did some research before downloading them all. You'll love it. ;)

You're downloading those big titty mods like Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer, aren't you? Sly dog.

You're downloading those big titty mods like Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer, aren't you? Sly dog.
Wish I had space for that!
On Xbox you are limited to 5Gb. All gameplay/graphics/immersion mods....and it left me with 500Mb.
One big titty must be at least 250Mb, so I left them out. :LOL:
But I completed Forgotten City expansion, so might replace it with Bruma, or other new land.

Been playing this for the last couple of weeks now:

Really nice blend of platforming, stealth elements with strategy, nice medieval setting, pixel art and spiking difficulty as you progress through the stages. Really addicting game, surprised the hell out of me.

On a side note, how awesome it would be if they were able to put out the Skyblivion mod on the 10 year anniversary of Skyrim, in 6 weeks from now, on 11/11/21?! Sure, seems a very unrealistic date... but it would be cool nevertheless. Amazing how that game really stood the test of time, and it's still going strong with all the community support and amazing mods. Goes to show what a dev could achieve when art and passion/love were placed before money making, micro transactions and online multiplayer BS... Kudos to Bethesda (at least back then :p ), although I'm saying it in the past tense, because I sincerely don't believe a masterpiece game like Skyrim can be done again in the present day, with all the devs "priorities" being severely different than what they were in 2011.

It's one of the best games I've EVER played, and I'll most definitely re-install it after the Skyblivion mod is out.

Been playing this for the last couple of weeks now:
That looks surprisingly fun!
Just not sure if my eyes wouldnt hurt from all the pixels. I remember playing old Doom or Duke Nukem was a nightmare for me. Headaches and whatnot.
But that could have been mix of pixels and 3D

Came here and you comment popped up first. I read the first lines with fifa in mind… :LOL:
give it a try! 🤣

Wrestling with FIFA 22, my WE8LE Master League rumbles on, and my side dish this week is...

International Cup with Sweden. Usually I do a random team in a random cup in a random game but I picked ISS after enjoying the PS1 version so much last week.

Back
Top Bottom