[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Completed Resident Evil Village over the past week - As had to wait for the PC version to be fixed because of the slowdowns, due to Anti-Piracy.

It was 'OK', probably a 7/10 game.. It is certainly better than Resident Evil 6.
There were some elements which were pretty good and some which weren't great.
I didn't like what felt like constant back tracking to go get items which are needed to progress and then walking another 5 minutes to go use it.

Started playing story mode am really getting into it, don’t know much about surivival mode is that a lot more hardcore is it ?
It’s literally just about survival without the narrative which takes place in story mode.

I finished the story first before playing survival. Great game!

It’s literally just about survival without the narrative which takes place in story mode.

I finished the story first before playing survival. Great game!
How long did it take you to complete it, also there’s another game out there very similar called the long dark it’s another hardcore survival game in the mountains

How long did it take you to complete it, also there’s another game out there very similar called the long dark it’s another hardcore survival game in the mountains
Yes it was on game pass I’ve played it, very good game.

green hell took me ages to finish!

State of Decay 2. I remember @rockstrongo mentioning it a while ago. Always wanted to try it. What a fun game! Didnt known you have to manage the whole camp and care for morale of the group. Fun cross between Dayz and Days Gone.

The Long Dark is a great game ,really recommend that @Jimi_Zuko
Oh, only notice this now. To me it had huge potential, but I could really feel lack of budget there. From graphics, surrounding emptiness to game mechanics. Coming from Dayz and having loading screen every time you go indoors and not being able to interact, or even see outside the window was a bit of a gamebreaker to me. Amazing atmosphere, but it needs some work in many departments.

State of Decay 2. I remember @rockstrongo mentioning it a while ago. Always wanted to try it. What a fun game! Didnt known you have to manage the whole camp and care for morale of the group. Fun cross between Dayz and Days Gone.
It's a great game ,just got an update (Trumbull valley).
And you can move your community between maps too.
Actually finished it a month a go (you can restart with three of your old members)

One thing that they've done ,and they've kept this game alive so well ,is having three separate difficulties ,zombies/community/map ,before the update a year or so ago it was just one difficulty for all things.
Glad you like it ,I think I'm on my 5-6 Community.

Be sure to learn members (if they only have 4 specialities) one extra ,computers/utilities/building etc so you can max out your base

It's a great game ,just got an update (Trumbull valley).
And you can move your community between maps too.
Actually finished it a month a go (you can restart with three of your old members)

One thing that they've done ,and they've kept this game alive so well ,is having three separate difficulties ,zombies/community/map ,before the update a year or so ago it was just one difficulty for all things.
Glad you like it ,I think I'm on my 5-6 Community.

Be sure to learn members (if they only have 4 specialities) one extra ,computers/utilities/building etc so you can max out your base
Cheers, pal. Im still kinda lost. But it has a great atmosphere of Walking Dead and proper community creation. I like the way there's no main story to follow. Its you, who write your own story with stuff that you do.
And permadeath of characters is a huge bonus. I can already see heartbreak when some cool mofo gets mauled.

Edit - you got me thinking there. Would it be possible to go with minimal number of people? Did you ever try it? Less mouth to feed and less individual concerns and requests to worry about.
Makes you wonder - is it better in a larger group or 1/2 people..?

Cheers, pal. Im still kinda lost. But it has a great atmosphere of Walking Dead and proper community creation. I like the way there's no main story to follow. Its you, who write your own story with stuff that you do.
And permadeath of characters is a huge bonus. I can already see heartbreak when some cool mofo gets mauled.
I've been quite shocked when members has died ,had two people on my last save dying ,did some stupid run to a barn in the middle of the night ,got attacked by a horde.

I've learned as I played along ,and like you said there's no storyline which I love.
Are you on XBOX now?

Yeah, got series S. Playstation does not offer much now. Not saying I wont get it in the future but for the moment Game Pass is where its all about. Its amazing
Yeah it really is ,I've been fighting fan boys for years when talking about what's the most bang for the buck.

Ive had it since day one (start of 2019) and it's been great and getting better all the time.
I'm completely hooked on The Hunter right now.
Feel free to add me of you want buddy (ettnollbajen)

Since the Xbox series X is tougher to find than stinger missile's here ,I'm getting The S soon ,you happy with it?
I've only heard good things

Since the Xbox series X is tougher to find than stinger missile's here ,I'm getting The S soon ,you happy with it?
I've only set it all up today.
It looks nice, quiet as a mouse, got myself handy little charger for controller, what can I say..
We grew up on games that were one big pixel. For me, personally - S is more than enough. Great value for money.
512Gb storage is a bit low, but I have SSD that I used for ps4, so ill just wipe this and double the storage. And you can install emulators and play Pes5. Cant beat it really.

I've only set it all up today.
It looks nice, quiet as a mouse, got myself handy little charger for controller, what can I say..
We grew up on games that were one big pixel. For me, personally - S is more than enough. Great value for money.
512Gb storage is a bit low, but I have SSD that I used for ps4, so ill just wipe this and double the storage. And you can install emulators and play Pes5. Cant beat it really.
Yeah that so cool ,getting the Dev app and just go play PS1/2/ games.
That's my plan as well ,got an 8tb with all my games ,just move the ones that are S/X to the harddrive and back.
Most likely the external storage cards will drop in price too

Amazing game. Play it with a friend if you can it’s even better that way.

I get a but overwhelmed at times in SOD 2. 3 is out next year as well!

"Hellblade".
What a crazy ride that game is!
It kinda went under the radar.
I loved Heavenly Sword but this just seemed... weird, so I never gave it a chance. And it is weird. But in most frightening, insane and fresh approach.
Only had half an hour to try it so far, but with headphones - voices in Senua's head are just unbelievable experience.
@rockstrongo - if you missed that game - give it a go. Atmospheric as fuck!

"Hellblade".
What a crazy ride that game is!
It kinda went under the radar.
I loved Heavenly Sword but this just seemed... weird, so I never gave it a chance. And it is weird. But in most frightening, insane and fresh approach.
Only had half an hour to try it so far, but with headphones - voices in Senua's head are just unbelievable experience.
@rockstrongo - if you missed that game - give it a go. Atmospheric as fuck!
I've had it on my radar for a while ,looks awesome!
Deffo giving it a try.
Thanks buddy

Headphones are a must tho. You feel like you really have voices in your head. They are coming from every direction, its mental. :LOL:
Isn't that game meant to highlight mental illness?
Or her journey through it ,remember reading something about it when it came out.
Yeah ,I always play with headphones on ,some games ,like Alien isolation(great game) really made me shit myself

Great take doing a game with that angle.
I'm deffo DL later on Marty
100% recommend now. Just defeated first God. Jesus Christ - didnt sweat that much since Dark Souls.. The thought of each death bringing you step closer to permadeath is adding some pressure there...

100% recommend now. Just defeated first God. Jesus Christ - didnt sweat that much since Dark Souls.. The thought of each death bringing you step closer to permadeath is adding some pressure there...
Sounds massive ,I'm trying it out tmw.
Been on a massive 2k trip all night.
So there's permadeath?
Shit ,pressure is on!

Back
Top Bottom