[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

The original Mass Effect (Legendary Edition). That game hasn't aged well at all 'cause, as expected, EA and Bioware haven't put up the tiniest effort to make up for the game's mishaps. It was great in 2007. It's not even remotely good in 2021.

Made me go back to fooling around with a xBRZ filter version of DOSBox (for those unaware, xBRZ is a high-quality image upscaling filter). Booting up an old DOS game (say, 1990's original Prince of Persia) in an wide screen big HD TV and see the "rounded" pixels on the edges is REALLY something, I may say :)

The original Mass Effect (Legendary Edition). That game hasn't aged well at all 'cause, as expected, EA and Bioware haven't put up the tiniest effort to make up for the game's mishaps. It was great in 2007. It's not even remotely good in 2021.

Made me go back to fooling around with a xBRZ filter version of DOSBox (for those unaware, xBRZ is a high-quality image upscaling filter). Booting up an old DOS game (say, 1990's original Prince of Persia) in an wide screen big HD TV and see the "rounded" pixels on the edges is REALLY something, I may say :)
The first Mass Effect was just a mediocre, repetitive game with decent writing. Clunky movement and cover/combat mechanics, recycled environments and the list goes on. The majority of gamers finished it just because of the story.

repetitive game with decent writing.
Oh, totally. I feel the same way. It was enough for me to find the game to be great in 2007.... And yes, I only finished it because of the story, for sure. I kinda feel the same way about The Witcher 3, meaning, in regards about the mediocre combat, but really great story arc and characters.

Oh, totally. I feel the same way. It was enough for me to find the game to be great in 2007.... And yes, I only finished it because of the story, for sure. I kinda feel the same way about The Witcher 3, meaning, in regards about the mediocre combat, but really great story arc and characters.
Witcher 3 combat was greatly improved compared to their 2nd game which was a roll after roll fest in every encounter. I just hate games where the roll move is so crucial in combat. It's one of the reasons I don't play the Souls games.

ACC and AMS2 on PC... i just cant stop the driving! :LOVE:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

it just feels soooooooo good, with a wheel in hand, gfx all shiny, performance all smooth... its a dream come true!

edit: video footage is coming soon... i just cant let you go without some impressions! :D

Last edited:
Almost solely playing warzone atm, waiting for PS5 games to finally drop. 3/4 through a plague tale too, very enjoyable game.

The goalkeeper full-on mincing his way over to the referee after the first penalty has absolutely SLAYED me, spat my coffee out.

In my head he's clicking his fingers with every step and going "don't you disrespect me".
i noticed the exct same thing! :D

what diva's, when they walk out of the goal after the pen! :LOL:

Skyrim ,went back to it after not playing it for a month or so.
Call of the wild ,my favourite game right now ,no pressure no stress just sneaking around hunting.
And started season 10 on my FIFA 20 career

Back
Top Bottom