Forza Motorsport 3

Press Y on the begin race screen to access the Leaderboards. ;)

Tim, one tip that seems simple but may help your times quite a bit, apart from learning the braking zones for each corner, is make sure you only brake once for each corner. Brake early and be accelerating as your turning, if you have to brake again at all, you're doing it wrong. :)

Ahh OK. I need to use the whole width of the track too and get the line right. Only brake once into the corner, right got it. I'll have another bash tomorrow probably.

Ahh OK. I need to use the whole width of the track too and get the line right. Only brake once into the corner, right got it. I'll have another bash tomorrow probably.

Try to brake before you turn in. Trying to do both at the same time can make the car unstable and you can get in a mess.

im not pro at it myself. im actually being trained by someone on shift(more difficult than this IMO) .

Pick a AWD car. they handle MUCH better than a FWD or a RWD.

im not pro at it myself. im actually being trained by someone on shift(more difficult than this IMO) .

Pick a AWD car. they handle MUCH better than a FWD or a RWD.

Four wheel drive cars are boring, though. All they do is understeer under heavy acceleration. Rear wheel drive cars are where all the fun is.

Last edited:
is the leaderboards stuff only if you are connected to live? i can not seem to get it to work...

had to do a few races and let the opponents pass me first, this is the best i can do with the 2 lap limit...it's hard to improve if you get out of your rythm after 2 laps and need to start over

no assists except for clutch

3975052701_dd31798c3f.jpg

I wish there was a clutch add-on for the official wheel, seems a strange feature to include when the official wheel doesn't have one...

it's the official microsoft wheel, but i think turn 10 have some sort of partnership with fanatec. so consider their porsche range the official forza 3 wheel. ;) afaik all presentations, especially e3, have been fanatec wheels only...

I wish there was a clutch add-on for the official wheel, seems a strange feature to include when the official wheel doesn't have one...

Dude, did you ever pass your test in real life? Most of the sports cars in the game will be to coin a Jeremy Clarkson quote 'flappy paddle' gears anyhow, which is what the MS wheel uses. There's a fine balance between realism and fun, I dont wanna play games and have to worry about a fooking clutch pedal. Just floor it and brake only when really needed.

Dude, did you ever pass your test in real life? Most of the sports cars in the game will be to coin a Jeremy Clarkson quote 'flappy paddle' gears anyhow, which is what the MS wheel uses. There's a fine balance between realism and fun, I dont wanna play games and have to worry about a fooking clutch pedal. Just floor it and brake only when really needed.

Exactly. I'm not really worried about not having a clutch pedal, because as you said, most of the cars in real life have sequential paddle shift gear changes.

I know what you're saying but some of the cars in the game will have a clutch - surely the Mini Cooper has one? I was just thinking for the sake of a tenner they could make a USB pedal or something for you to stick alongside the other pedals. Nobody's forcing anyone to use it but for those who want it, for those who want a 100% simulation (or as close as possible), the option is there.

Just feels a bit pointless in having the clutch feature there if you're not going to use it (or if "most" of the cars in the game don't utilise it, what was the point in programming it).

(And no I didn't pass my test in real life, all the more reason for me to want a clutch pedal so that I could get some more practice in for when I can afford to take more lessons. ;)))

Last edited:
I know what you're saying but some of the cars in the game will have a clutch - surely the Mini Cooper has one? I was just thinking for the sake of a tenner they could make a USB pedal or something for you to stick alongside the other pedals. Nobody's forcing anyone to use it but for those who want it, for those who want a 100% simulation (or as close as possible), the option is there.

Just feels a bit pointless in having the clutch feature there if you're not going to use it (or if "most" of the cars in the game don't utilise it, what was the point in programming it).

(And no I didn't pass my test in real life, all the more reason for me to want a clutch pedal so that I could get some more practice in for when I can afford to take more lessons. ;)))

I suppose Turn 10 want to push their own wheel, hoping that enough of the hardcore will consider the manual clutch a big enough deal to splash out on it.

I suppose Turn 10 want to push their own wheel
:SHOCK:

That's news to me, oh crap, and I've just bought the MS wheel.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

EDIT: Saw the price. Not so crap after all, wouldn't pay that much for something I'll only use with a few games. If I had a job and I wanted to treat myself though I wouldn't hesitate, it's nice to see a 360 wheel with 900 degree steering - perhaps if it works with the PS3 as well (it won't let's face it) I might think about it.

Last edited:
1:08.879 with the Audi R8!

Fully manual with no assists :)). Well happy with that! Thanks for the advice guys, really really helped. I think I could go faster than that too.

Good stuff Tim. :)

I love that feeling, whenyou work your arse off ad get a really good time, then 3 seconds later... "fuck that, I can go faster!" haha.

Keep at it and you'll keep improving it.

Cheers Dar :)). I wasn't even working my arse off, it was my first time with no assists and I'm still learning the braking points and pressures. I'm pretty sure I did a 1:12 in the Lancer too. I'll add you to XBL list so I can see your times and dream of what could be!

my new elite is on the way so i can finally go online again on live...:) looking forward to adding you guys

Cheers Dar :)). I wasn't even working my arse off, it was my first time with no assists and I'm still learning the braking points and pressures. I'm pretty sure I did a 1:12 in the Lancer too. I'll add you to XBL list so I can see your times and dream of what could be!

No worries. ;)

:SHOCK:

That's news to me, oh crap, and I've just bought the MS wheel.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

EDIT: Saw the price. Not so crap after all, wouldn't pay that much for something I'll only use with a few games. If I had a job and I wanted to treat myself though I wouldn't hesitate, it's nice to see a 360 wheel with 900 degree steering - perhaps if it works with the PS3 as well (it won't let's face it) I might think about it.

Don't worry Chris, the MS wheel is excellent and I don't know if it's worth paying over the odds for one with a clutch pedal.

How much is the fanatec wheel, just out of interest?

It's this one, right?

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=

Gave Forza 3 another go over the weekend and dont know if its because I was on a different set up (moved 360 from front room and 46" Samsung TV to the office with a 22" monitor), but it felt much more lively and fun.

No qualms about getting this now and the wheel is set up in here too, so jobs-a-goodun!

Back
Top Bottom